Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mu Zeta posted:

Was Vinny telling the truth about that blue ghost guy in the main hub killing the other NPCs?

No. But there is a NPC you can find whom left alone in the Nexus WILL start killing the other NPCs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
One of the best things about that Dr Luigi QL is finding out this song exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA0Ur7BCxrc

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Jeff is driving home from work with driving buddy, Dave!

http://t.co/12lz2YodVv

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

flatluigi posted:

Jeff's driving home and the podcast isn't up!?

He said at the start the podcast is on the flash drive with him, as he editing it at home.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wow I never knew the fist count as a blunt weapon in Demon Souls. I remember always having to track down a mace before doing 4-1.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Hakkesshu posted:

Okay, Brad that is totally loving cheating

Well fighting this boss normally sucks, as you have to his belly until he falls over while doding his giant sword.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wow the stream just end at random for anyone else? Jeff was in mid-sentence when it went to black. And refreshing seems to put it at the start of the stream warmup music/title card.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there a list of all Gameroom videos. I know there is the playlist on the second post, but it actually missing one or two videos.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

That the list I was talking about. I remember the last time I downloaded them they accidentally labeled I think two of them as one of the games featured in the Gameroom library instead of it proper.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Been downloading some videos today in the "high quality" setting, but I am noticing a lot of them are 640 x 360, but then randomly some videos (even in the series) will be 1280 x 720. Am I accidentally downloading the "HD" versions by mistake?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

pseudorandom name posted:

High and HD are both 720p.

That's weird then, since I know the older videos are all 640 x 360 or so, but the ones I was downloading were all the subscriber features like "Load Our Last Save" and other similar ones, but using the high quality ones at all times.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Fallom posted:

Immediately grabbed it. Shipping is a little silly, though, at $10 as the cheapest for UPS without any USPS options.

Yeah I was going to use the coupon I have to get it, but shipping is more then the poster itself!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wow someone made a custom Spelunky character for Patrick. That is honestly really cool.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The Giant Bomb Live Archive youtube channel no longer exist. Anyone know if that person made a new account or someone mirror those videos?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Been downloading favorite videos from the second post and the list is pretty much perfect, but I notice it missing the DSi XL unboxing video.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/dsi-xl-unboxing-extravanganza/2300-2223/

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Following up my post eariler, the quick look recommation should have WWE 2010, Spelunky, and the recent Dr Luigi and Octodad QL.

Similarly, what are some of the suggested mailbags. They are hard to find in the feature section since the page is full of either the daily Patrick segments or the much older question of the week.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

VDay posted:

Brad's about to play some impromptu Dota at 4 to test the chat to make sure people can still yell about how bad he is without any technical problems.

And Steam Tuesday maintenance ruined that plan.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Someone needs to make a animated gif of Patrick's death to the thwomp in the City of Gold. Wow that is just bad luck.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Yodzilla posted:

Good lord is the Fable remake an ugly game.

Did they add ANYTHING to it beyond DLC. Looks like they slap some Unreal engine paint on the X-Box release and called it a day. It more colorful, but also way more ugly. Bet they didn't even bother to add a female option or any of the other features the later games added.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So what I miss after Brad killed the Fool's Idol. I came back to him dying from fall damage in 5-1.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Fallom posted:

How is Brad having so much trouble with guys with like the slowest attack in the game

If he thinks that guy is bad, wait until he fights one in the swamp.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Digging through videos to download and I nearly forgot about this great video for when Mortal Kombat 9 came out. Just worth watching for when they reached Deception.

Didn't they cover the rest of Mortal Kombat in one of the Happy Hours. I can't recall which one.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I wish Idle Thumbs would stream again. Their recurring Crusader Kings 2 streams got me to finally start the game up and had a blast with it. Shame they haven't done anything in a while outside of Chris' Spelunky streams.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Token Cracker posted:

Everything I've seen of DayZ looks extremely boring. It strangely makes me want to play it just to see what the appeal is.

Lowtax has you covered...your not missing much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRQn9qdr46s

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rinkles posted:

An hour or so of the Puppy Chat stream is missing from the uploads. The thumbnail preview times are 20-40 minutes longer than the actual videos -- they cut abruptly.

Drew just mentioned that he fixing the issue with the Puppy Chat.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

cronox2 posted:

Looks like some pretty cool HUD changes got added to Spelunky today after Patrick played. There's now a map with a skull next to your score when you're doing a daily challenge and there's also a pro mode where all the text and icons are shrunken and it adds the game timer and current level to the display.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK98GEMcqEw

There one more change that I guess happens rarely with the damsel. This was posted in the Spelunky thread in Games.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I guess the sloth will randomly replace the damsel, but the icons you see there are not in the game, as it still the normal "pug, damsel, mansel, and random".

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Looks like Risk of Rain is taking the place of Spelunky now that Patrick finished the game. Interested in seeing this since I am currently eyeing it on Steam during the midweek madness sale for the game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

cronox2 posted:

17,000 souls down the toilet.

No big deal, he can always get them back from the reaper in 4-2. There is a reason that merchant is there...he sells the arrows that cheese the reaper.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

cheesetriangles posted:

I would settle for UT2004 showing up on Steam.

Unreal Tournament 2004 is already on Steam. It even has Steam Trading Cards!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/13230/

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wow, wasn't expecting Patrick to reach the final area of Risk of Rain on the first stream.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Anyone have a link to the recordings of the End of Xbox stream they did when the original Xbox Live died and they streamed it for 12 hours or so.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Watching the setup for Spelunkin' With Dave Lang is making me miss the old Whisky Media office.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Dave Lang's Rock Tech isn't as useful as Bat Tech.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Jeff is streaming something very 'special' right now.

http://www.twitch.tv/jeffgerstmann

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Someone watching Patrick's Spelunky stream needs to make a animated gif of him about to jump a bunch of spikes in the ice cave and then barely dying to a flying ufo that destroys the platform he on.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Picross 3D on the DS is still probably one of my favorite games on the system even through I barely made a dent on it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Watching last week UPF before the new one starts, is the segment after Gangbeast worth watching after this week is over or it safe to skip?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm pretty sure Gangbeast is the last segment?

The timer shows twenty more minutes left...it probably just another session of Nilbog again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Randallteal posted:

They should play this for a while and then switch to JFK Reloaded.

I really kinda hope this happens.

• Locked thread