Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tray
Nov 24, 2006

nice to meet you!
So I'm with Sprint and got a Nexus 5. Sprint of course didn't have any screen protectors so I went to get a Zagg from a TMo corp store. I let the sales guy give me a pitch and it seems like a good deal. I'm thinking about switching. What I'm wondering is, can I get a prepaid SIM to test out the TMo coverage and data speeds? I have a Nexus 5, but I'm pretty sure I have to unlock the Nexus 5 before I can use it on TMobile. Once I've tested teh coverage out, assuming I want to go back to Sprint, do they need to like re-lock it for activation on their network again? I just wanna test out Tmobiles service before I jump ship. I'm in Seattle now and I've heard they have a pretty solid 4G network in the city but I figured I'd ask before I start buying SIM kits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tray
Nov 24, 2006

nice to meet you!

Mu Zeta posted:

You can just get a Micro sim card from the Tmo site. It was free when I ordered one a few months ago. The Nexus 5 cannot be locked by any carrier.

Cool thanks, my Sprint online account had something about 'Click here to get a pin/puk unlock code!' so that confused me.

tray
Nov 24, 2006

nice to meet you!
Good to know, thanks for the info. I've been with Sprint for years. They sent me a picocell free of charge so I'm gonna give em til the end of the contract before I jump ship.