Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

PRADA SLUT posted:

It seems the "free" Tuesday's are just a massive advertising platform.
I used last week's free Lyft credit very well, and will likely use this weeks too! Thought you had to use it same day like most deals, but it last until the weekend.Edit:

hiddenriverninja posted:

I believe the softcap for unlimited is 21 gigs? I can't believe anyone's gotten that close.
Hello it is me, the power user who doesn't torrent for their phone.

minusX fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jul 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.

Meydey posted:

Anyone else having issues with data on their Nexus 6 today? Looks like it may be down for that phone only.
Something to do with switching between HSPA and LTE? I dropped mine to 3g and seems to hold for now.
Multiple people reporting the same thing on reddit.
This is a known issue being thrown around the Android thread, but basically someone hosed up. http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/08/05/google-promises-fix-for-worldwide-nexus-6-lte-outage/

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Cycling my wifi seems to make it work, no idea why. Give it a shot. So far it seems to only work when I'm turning it off when it's already on and for Waze, seems to not work with Pokemon rip.

minusX fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 6, 2016

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

clockworx posted:

If I buy a used T-Mo iPhone that is fully paid off, can I request an unlock? T-Mo's unlocking website seems to imply that the answer is no (can only be requested by original purchaser/financier), but that seems like BS.
It's been years since I cared to do it, but with an account in good standing just call and ask. If it's paid off should be good to go.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Plastik posted:

No $15 Lyft credit this week, which is sad. Instead we get a gift card to an overpriced fashion website, which is even sadder. People with Gilt money don't even know what $15 looks like, T-mo, and people without Gilt money will never buy $40 underwear, even if they're $25. Who is this promotion for?

$25 Underwear? I'm in

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Astro7x posted:

So if everybody has unlimited data, how the hell do they handle those streams that can't be throttled to 480p? I thought there were issues where YouTube was sent in some weird way where they can't tell the difference.
No they can tell the difference, my always stuttering 720p 60fps videos when I forget to turn it off show that.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

I mean, I appreciate the unmetered music data personally.

As long as it's coming from the music streaming service that's been whitelisted by T-Mobile through some process that they haven't made public.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Astro7x posted:

They've made it public, there was a PDF on how to qualify that I saw soon after Binge On was announced.
Oh, cool. Still an issue cuz data wants to be data not data that has to be coded correctly, and it means everything is being watched and if it's not the right type of data you can get metered and it's weird. It's the gray side of "Well it's not exactly negative to the consumer but..."

Now the binge on requiring money to get off of thing for T-Mobile one is a spit in the face of net neutrality, and the fact you have to pay extra to get out of slower speeds is crap.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

wormil posted:

Unfucking believable how incompetent tmobile has become. So they randomly added a $45/mo data plan to a phone that already had data. I called, had it removed, they said they would credit me. I check and not only did they not credit me, they removed ALL data and wifi calling from that line and charged me an additional $39 on top of everything. I don't even know what the $39 is for, it doesn't say. I would assume it's data usage but it says 0 data usage. Also I can't find a way to add wifi calling back to that account. I remember dreading tmobile being sold to att but in retrospect it would have been a good thing.

Inspect Your Gadgets › The T-Mobile/MetroPCS Megathread - Our CEO trolls your CEO, then us

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

I believe the softcap for T-Mobile is 21 gigs for them to really hate you.
Yep, I know from experience. It sucks hard but eh that's a lotta gigs. Binge On helps if you have that option though.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

TraderStav posted:

Has anyone received the bill credits that were associated with the Black friday 'give away devices and lines' deal that happened? I just received my second bill and none yet.

Same, going to call them at this rate.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/24/17776836/tmobile-hack-data-breach-personal-information-two-million-customers

They've got your address, phone number, account number, etc.

No Social, passwords, financial data.

If you were affected they are texting you.

Edit: Oh just got a text, guess they weren't done going down the list. Dang.

minusX fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Aug 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Dr Tran posted:

One Plan Unlimited 55+

any reason to update that to a newer plan?
I learned recently there was a downside to switching to Magenta Max 55+ which is there's a max of 4 (voice) lines on the account. So if you see yourself going past that, and other 55+ plans have that, could be a reason to switch.