Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Holy poo poo, I'm jumping ship early from verizon and that trade in makes me so happy. I'm on a family plan and I'll be trading in two iphone 4 and one 4s. The 4 came free with the 2 year contract and the 4s is a replacement I bought on eBay for my wife after her phone was stolen. It cost $120. I was happy to be getting the ~$175 I was quoted at last week for all 3 phones but $600? Woooo!

I love tmobile already. I'm getting 2 iphone 6 and a 6+ with more data for each line, and it's loving cheaper than my monthly payment to verizon. Once all the phones are paid off my bill will be less than half of Verizon's. With a $600 statement credit I may just spring for unlimited data so I can stream netflix on my 6+ all day everyday while I ride to/from work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Kanish posted:

Anything official about 6+ backlogs? I "preordered" mine on the 15th, and I expected it to be awhile. My order still says "being processed" so Id like to know some time frame.

What happened with the plus anyway? The regular 6s seem to be pretty easy to find from what Im reading, but the plus is just out everywhere indefinitely. Did apple just underestimate how much people wanted the larger phone?

Yeah my expected ship date is October 24th. :( I hope Apple/tmobile can get stuff out the door sooner but I'm not holding my breath.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Kanish posted:

Where did you get a estimated date? I still havent gotten passed order being processed.

I ordered over the phone because I get an employee discount that you can't set up online. The dude gave me an estimated ship date at the end of my order.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Kanish posted:

Would you mind letting me know when you placed your order? That will help me figure an estimated timeframe.

It was the afternoon of September 16th.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Hey wait, we can just drop our phones off at a T-Mobile store for the ETF deal? I'd much rather do that than ship them and wait.

On a related note it looks like they got some 6+ in stock, they shipped mine last night! :dance: Hopefully the rest of you on back order get them soon!

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

So I went to trade in my old phones (two iPhone 4 and a 4s) and noticed they reduced the trade in value from the $200 they were offering as a match against at&t to $29 and $79, respectively. I found the old at&t offer using the waybackmachine which stated that they would honor the $200 trade in if you placed your order before the 31st of September. I placed my order on September 16th with t-mobile so I submitted a trade in match claim through t-mobile's website.

They weren't really clear on what I should do now though. Do I submit my phones while they process the claim? How long is this going to take to sort out? I'm going to get slammed hard with ETF fees from Verizon so I really loving hope this doesn't cause a huge delay. And they better not even think of denying it, I will go apeshit. I wish I could talk to a trade in rep but when I called they transferred me to the ETF line where I got circle-jerked in automation hell.

Edit: One rep told me to hold onto the phones and another told me to just send them in! :suicide:

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 23, 2014

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Astro7x posted:

So I traded in my iPhone 4 in September when T-Mobile was beating AT&T's trade in values by offering $201 (AT&T was offering $200 at the time). It was not even technically the price match promotion apparently, T-Mobile was outright beating AT&T by $1 so they didn't have to throw in the $50 price match bonus.

T-Mobile finally accepts my phone, and I'm told they gave me a $58 statement credit. Complete bullshit... call up T-Mobile, they are acting like T-Mobile never offered $201 for the iPhone 4. And that I should have filled out the price match guarantee 7 days after I initiated the trade in to get them to price match it. Except I was told not to do this, because T-Mobile was offering $1 more and it was not technically a price match! Rep on the phone looks up the price of the phone and tells me it's $58 right now to trade in the iPhone 4.

Thankfully, I had notes on my account stating that I wanted to trade in my phone and have T-Mobile price match AT&T's $200 value. It was honestly a too good to be true deal, and I wanted notes on my account stating what I was doing before I initiated the trade in. So after talking to supervisors on the phone it looks like they are just going to honor the notes on the account by giving me an additional $192 statement credit to honor the notes. Will see if this credit comes in within 72 hours as promised.

That's basically my exact situation. I'm glad to hear it's theoretically possible that they will honor the old price, but I didn't outright say I expected a $200 trade in value. I did mention that I was going to trade in phones on the day I ordered though and I have explicit proof that at&t was offering $200 a pop for iPhone 4 and 4s. Hopefully they don't dick me around too much, but there's $600 on the line (3 phones) so I'm expecting a fight. :(

Fake edit: I'm borrowing that image if I need to submit proof. Thanks for posting.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Astro7x posted:

Looking back at your previous post, the proper way to do it now that they lowered the official trade in price (and you actually have to price match it) is to go to this page and fill out the form within 7 days of trading in your device.

https://www.t-mobiletradeinguarantee.com/

The weird part of my story is that when I initiated the trade in, T-Mobile was offering $201, and they didn't give me $201 when they received my phone. I had no reason to go to that website and fill out the form within 7 days, because there was nothing to price match at the time.

Yep that's what I did. I hope they match it straight up, I have a screen shot of the offer from at&t but they didn't have a way of submitting proof of your claim. I guess they just "research" it themselves. The offer isn't current either (it ended in September), but it said explicitly that it would apply to any order placed before the end of September which is when I ordered my stuff.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

So I traded in 3 Verizon iPhones (two 4 and a 4s) but I chose the wrong model number for one of the 4. They were both 8gb but I accidentally selected the wrong MLL# or whatever from the huge loving drop-down list. The other two phones were already credited to my account but it's still showing they haven't received the other one.

How gently caress ed am I? It's literally the same type of phone and the serial number is correct so I'm hoping they don't try to dick me over.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

bryn987 posted:

Does T-Mobile offer discounts if you work for certain companies?

Only for federal government employees.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Yes, mine does, and I do not work for the government.

Weird, I remember reading that they killed the advantage program for everyone except federal employees. Do you know if your company was grandfathered in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

r0ck0 posted:

Your phone is a communications device and you should not be running torrents on it. Oops is the wrong thread for that?

It's really not hard to use a ton of data on "normal" stuff. I ride a commuter bus an hour each way to/from work and stream Netflix (usually only in the morning) which gets me to 20-30 gb/month quite easily.