Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Does anyone use a hot spot device? I want to put one in my bitchin mini van so I can serve up DRM movies to a bunch of ipads. It seems you need to authenticate before the movies gets served up. My question is does the wifi network work even if you don't have a tmobile signal? My phone refuses to serve up a hot spot if it doesn't have signal. I need to know if the hot spot devices are different. My alternative is stripping the DRM off which is kinda illegal and I would still need a router that is powered by usb anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I don't know if anyone has a hot spot added to their t mobile account, but I activated one for a trip I was taking and was able to reduce the monthly fee from $20, to $10, which when the month plan discount is added reduces the cost to zero. You just have to switch plan to the promotional plan. Didn't know you could get a ftee hot spot but now you can. (Through 2014 anyway) 1gb per month.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Qwijib0 posted:

You don't lease it-- you give them $25, and it's yours as long as you are a t-mobile customer. If you stop being one, you give it back. I guess that's a "lease" but its a $0 one.

I don't think they charged me the $25 and they shipped it over night even though I paid for the slowest cheapest shipping over the phone. I told them there were spots in my house with no wifi or cell signal. The non return fee is huge though but they will probably forget about these in 5 years anyway and not ask for them back.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
They don't make you switch plans to add a line. Please don't complain about free netflix for my screaming kids or I will hire you to baby sit them.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
TM just texted me and said my 10GB per line grandpaed in family plan was now unlimited until 2019. Not for tethering though. I am paying 150 a month including taxes for 5 unlimited everything lines now $30 each.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Yeah they are more carrier now then ever. Tried to get a promo phone price on a crappy phone and they said nope this is only for new plans. I said it doesn't say that anywhere in the promotion. Goodbye I will buy a prepaid phone on clearance for $9 and sell the minutes for $10.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Has anyone added a free line to a simple choice plan? I can't seem to find it online you just get stuck in an catch 22 webpage loop.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Thanks, gonna hit up t mobile fer a $20 sim card today.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Is it $300 for any of the trade in phones or up to $300? Also I assume I will have to upgrade to a One plan and lose my cheaper whatever the hell plan I have plan. Has anyone tried this scam on a 7. I don't really care about having an 8 but my kids throw my phone down the stairs for sport so I like to keep it rotated for fresher stock. It looks like $250 gets me a new phone and warranty. (Assuming I keep T mobile for 24 months).

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I am sure things will improve when Sprint takes over.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Does the military discount work if the military person, my dad, is not the account owner just a recipient of an active phone on the account?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I'm shocked that the combination of the two sketchiest carriers would not go smoothly.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
https://www.t-mobile.com/news/un-carrier/t-mobiles-5g-upgrade-includes-the-iphone

Has anyone got this promotion to work? $530 off for a 7 seems fine with me. (Via 24 monthly credits)

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Aren’t most t mobile stores just third party poop?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So I lost a phone and ordered a new SIM card but I think because t mobile doesn’t pay the phone people unless they sell they just added a new line. Is this normal? Also instead of sending me a SIM card they sent me a package with a a slip of paper that said it was coming in a different package?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
T Mobile canceled the line they added after I called and sent out a new sim cause the sim they sent was obviously associated with the new line I didn't want. I don't even understand what they are doing. I used to call get an immediate pick up from an hourly employee. Now you get some outsourced roulette where maybe it's their first day maybe not. The second call the person was fine and knew how to do things.

The website is insufferable now too. Does anyone even look at these things its terrible. I just want to see the prices of new phones why is that so hard. They all sell for the same price.