Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Is there some way to tell if the 20% was actually applied to your account? The rep said she gave it to me when I signed up, but I don't see it on the service terms paperwork or on my plan online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Seems like T-Mobile is implementing a deal where users with two lines can get a third for free. This means that if someone is switching now and they get the 20% off deal, they could get 3 lines on unlimited plans for $80 per month (or less if they use <2GB data on either of the main devices). Seems like a pretty sweet deal.

Hell yeah, I've got my 20% going now, so March 1st I'm going to get a 3rd line and finish switching from AT&T. Basically cutting my bill in half for 3 lines.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

AND IT BEGINS.

For some reason they had trouble adding my 3rd line in the store, so the lady called in. An hour later they sent me home with 2 non working phones, a non working 3rd SIM and a promise to call me when everything is working. :psyduck:

edit:

lol now my plan is fixed by my 20% discount has vanished, so far I am not blown away by Tmobile's customer service, this seems like some Sprint level poo poo

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 2, 2017

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

hotsauce posted:

"Welcome to T-MOBILE and enjoy your 20% fo lyfe!"

1 week later...

"What 20% Lol?"

Hammer TForce on Twitter and godspeed.

Well, according to the reps on twitter it is there I just can't see it on my plan page, which isn't super confidence inspiring. I do still have my promotion ID and the full chat log I guess in case I need to get bitchy later.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Maybe a weird question, but does T-Mobile distinguish at all between corporate owned stores and 3rd party retailers? I came from AT&T and usually avoided 3rd party retailers as they had less ability to do stuff, charged for things corporate owned stores didn't, etc.

With T-Mobile, I haven't seen anything distinguishing stores at all, are they all corporate, or with T-Mobile does it just not matter?

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Does Tmobile really not have a "OH HAY COVERAGE HERE IS lovely" app or function in the tmobile app? I'm looking for something similar to AT&T's mark the spot.

By and large things have been good with TMobile since I switched, but there's spots on their map that are "verified by customer data" that don't work for me on an iPhone 7 plus.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Anyone have any issues with lower than expected bill this month? It looks like they maybe double applied a credit or something?

I'm on the 2 for $100 with the 20% discount and a free 3rd line and my bill was $61 this month.

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 26, 2017

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Oh tmobile promotions site.

After 3 months I didn't get 2 of my line port in credits but the promotions site says everything is good. Managed to finally get a hold of someone in the promotions department and they both were denied with no notes even though the promotions site says it's approved. :psyduck:

edit: lol they can only do a bill credit because the offer expired

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jul 18, 2017

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

wormil posted:

I wonder if it's even legal in my state. We have laws prohibiting many types of age discrimination even if it benefits older people.

:what:

Many kinds of businesses offer senior discounts, military discounts, etc.

You're free to not patronize them if you disagree.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

goku chewbacca posted:

I tried activating the Netflix on Us feature to my One plan, but it won't let me proceed without losing the free One Plus Promo.

When I created my account, they were offering a free One Plus Promo (unlimited HD video and 10 GB tethering, etc.) along with the 2 for $100 promo. Trying to add the Netflix promotion doesn't change my monthly price (5 lines for $180 rather than $200), but it forces me to select between One, One Plus (+$10/line), or Plus International (+$25). Choosing One put a strikethrough the One Plus Promo.

Is this something customer service or someone at the store can override? I meet the listed qualifications for Netflix on Us with my existing One plan as-is, but I think the way the website wants me to change plans to "T-Mobile One with Netflix on Us" it what's causing me lose the currently attached Plus promo.

Yeah, same deal here, it explicitly lists the 2 for $100 plans as not being eligible though. I'm on the 2 for $100 + 20% off + free 3rd line + free One Plus and can't add it either.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-36253

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 12, 2017

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

KodiakRS posted:

I just got promoted at work and will be flying on Gogo equipped aircraft several times every week, frequently to and from Canada/Mexico. I'm planning on getting a single line one+ plan mostly for the teathering and gogo. Is free calling from Mexico and Canada included with that or do I specifically need to get an international plan?

That should be fine you might want to add in the Plus plan for more speed and full flight WiFi though.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

How bad does "add a line" screw with the sweet promo pricing deal I've got?

I'm on the old "2 lines for $100 + 20% off + free 3rd line + free TMobile One Plus" deal from earlier this year and am wary of making any changes to get a deal on a phone.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Quidthulhu posted:

Man I’m paying $177 a month for me and my mom’s phone. What are all these $15/mo plans and why is TMobile always ripping me off :/

Yeah you are getting ripped off unless you have a bunch of device payments on it as mentioned above. I have 3 lines with unlimited + tmobile one plus for $80/month (usually less with kickback)

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

nimper posted:

Are you an employee? 80/month for 3 lines unlimited is definitely an outlier.

Nope just a good combo of promos: 2 for $100 + 20% off for life + one of the random "free 3rd line" promos, those were all from earlier in 2017.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Anyone using the Nest Secure through TMobile? Just curious what thoughts are.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

As nerve said, merger is official. Legere is still CEO, COO is also a T-Mobile guy so I’m hoping this is a “best case scenario” and T-Mobile doesn’t get dragged down by gross Sprint.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Quidthulhu posted:

I just got a second headline that said “T-Mobile agrees to merge with Sprint” which sounds like Sprint is going to be the primary company and I am not thrilled about that at all!

New company is called T-Mobile and still run by current T-Mobile CEO, so I’m cautiously optimistic, but Sprint is awful.

SeANMcBAY posted:

What will it mean for T-Mobile costumers? Increased coverage?

In the short term maybe nothing? They’re saying this is all a push for enough spectrum between the two to do 5g right.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Considering this was just announced and there’s a very real chance of the government torpedoing things, I can’t imagine anything really changes today.

As we get closer to early 2019 when this deal would actually close I suspect we’ll hear more.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

e.pilot posted:

I hope they just shutter sprint and use the spectrum they owned, because sprint is literal garbage.

As a former Sprint customer, this is what everyone should be hoping. TMobile does have experience merging in/killing off CDMA networks with MetroPCS.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

This looks to be a pretty reasonable write-up if anyone has more merger questions:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/30/17301392/t-mobile-sprint-merger-preview-phone-carrier

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

TraderStav posted:

Unless I spent the $2 on eBay to get it unlocked.

Appreciate the insight, not sure I'm going to do anything at this point anyway.

One more side note here, most reputable buy/sell sites require no outstanding financial commitment on phones.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Maybe a dumb question, but is the free hour of in flight WiFi limited to one flight a day or anything weird? I normally just get direct flights for work, but I’ve got a multileg coming up.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Statutory Ape posted:

if you're on T-Mobile One rate plan you can just add One Plus for the month and get unlimited in flight wifi on all supported domestic flights :shrug:

Im kinda bummed the free One Plus promo from days gone by doesn’t actually include this benefit, but I did just test it out and it’s free one hour per flight, so there’s that.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Astro7x posted:

Did some googling.

If it’s not showing up on the app for iOS users, try the web site

https://t-mo.io/2l5tnQY

Thanks, that worked for me (also didn’t show up in iOS)

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Duckman2008 posted:

ATT bought Time Warner and raised their rates in about 2 months.

ATT is a special kind of evil company, but yeah, T-Mobile is going to want to recoup the buyout / merger costs. Prices aren’t going down.

All they want Sprint for is the spectrum though, the rest can get put into a landfill in New Mexico.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

DizzyBum posted:

So this is an odd issue. There's a very small area of my town where T-Mobile's data connection just craps out completely. I have a 4G LTE connection according to my phone, full bars, I can make/receive calls, but data always drops out until you drive half a mile in either direction. T-Mobile's coverage map doesn't show any holes there and indicated it should be 4G LTE speeds. There just seems to be a mysterious "data dead zone" there. Is there a way I can report this to T-Mobile somehow in the hopes that maybe they can troubleshoot these local issues, even if I'm not their customer? (I'm on Google Fi, which uses T-Mobile's network.)

Normally I wouldn't mind so much, but:

- It's in an area many people frequently visit
- There's no available wi-fi
- It's been like this for months

I've all but confirmed it's T-Mobile's problem, because everyone I've talked to on T-Mobile that visits the place (including other Fi users on their network) reports the same connection problems in that area. If I swap over to Sprint's network, I have no issues.

Even as a direct T-Mobile customer I'm not aware of any way to report coverage issues in any meaningful way. The AT&T mark the spot app at least made me feel like I was doing something even if all they did was just go into a garbage can at AT&T.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Charles posted:

I've wanted to try t-mobile for a while, but am leaving for Europe tomorrow. If I signed up and immediately used international roaming, would I get booted? Is there a 30 day trial window?

We did the same thing when we originally switched a few years ago, I couldn’t find anyone who could give me a definitive answer or point me to a policy at the time. Our first month had a bunch of international data.

Just anecdotally they did not seem to care at all, but we stuck with them.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

TraderStav posted:

T-mobile has a BOGO on new lines right now. Get an additional line and get another one free with bill credits. It's very tempting as I want to get my son a line and could potentially use the other down the road (or convert my business line to it). These free line deals don't seem to come up that often, but don't they often come up with a new device launch like the new iPhone? Wonder if it makes better sense to hold tight and get a free line and upgrade my wife's iPhone at the same time. Just no idea of the deals to come, like everyone else.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-40785?cmpid=CRM_SS_C_19ADDALINE_JM1Y1WRIH5BV4AZ0049540

New device launch promos are generally “buy 1 device, add a line, get 1 device free”

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

TheManWithNoName posted:

If the 7 is included I might be tempted. I was going to hold off on a new phone this year because it seems like most of the cool features will be in the 2020 iPhone.

According to this, all the way back to iPhone 7 gives you half off an iPhone 11, you need an XS to get half off the Pro:

https://www.tmonews.com/2019/09/t-mobile-iphone-11-trade-in-deal-half-off/

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

GutBomb posted:

You’re the second person to say this in the past few days. I’ll admit I don’t follow the daily goings on of CEOs but what did this guy do that’s so garbage? He just seems like a weird harmless dude.

No, he’s just said it twice because ?

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Astro7x posted:

So CostCo is doing the trade in as well, but instead of a bill credit you get a virtual mastercard. So no artificial contract for 24 months.

In case anyone is looking for details, they're here:

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-36393

Looks like the normal Costco deal caveats of "you have to pay for device all up front" and trade-in is split between bill credit and prepaid card.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

It’s been a while since I bought a phone from a carrier, but I jumped on the TMobile “half off iPhone 11” deal. When the phone arrived I had to call and activate it, it did not automatically activate and replace the existing device.

Is that normal? Ever other time I’ve gotten a new device with a new SIM from a carrier they’ve handled that all themselves.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

So I'm a bit confused here. I did the "trade in your iphone 7 and get a iPhone 11 for half price" deal. It looks like TMobile gave me trade in credit for the iPhone 7 I sent back AND reduced my equipment payments by half. Anyone else seeing that?

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

8-bit Miniboss posted:

That's how they did it for me when I traded in my 7 for a XR last year.

Well heck yeah I guess?

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Astro7x posted:

So what could the T-Mobile Tuesday big thing be next week that they are hyping. A free chuck'e'cheese pizza? Or maybe I'll be able to trade in a very specific model of an old smart phone for $350 trade in credit?

Looks like it's letting the sprint people in and bigger giveaways (plus more free stuff that may or may not appeal to you):

https://www.tmonews.com/2020/06/t-mobile-tuesdays-sprint-customers-summer-deals/

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Any tmobile employees around? I'm on the old super deal 2 lines for $100 + free 3rd line + 20% off for life + free tmobile one plus.

My kids are getting older and it looks like that plan caps out mysteriously at 3 lines and you can't add any more, what's the best option for me to go forward? Is it possible to keep that 20% off and switch to a new plan?

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Found a rep who claims she was able to switch my 2 for $100 tmobile one plan to one that would let me add more lines, but also keep the 20% off, plus the kickback and the free 3rd line/tmobile one plus options, then also add the 4th line free with the iphone SE promo. She claimed only price increase was going to be the $8 bucks for the iPhone SE.

I guess I'll see tomorrow how badly my plan got hosed up.

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 7, 2020

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Astro7x posted:

I want a free third line but I’m afraid of them loving up my plan

That promo is dead, but there is apparently an announcement happening tomorrow morning: https://www.t-mobile.com/brand/live-stream

(Maybe new plans, maybe MORE QUIBI, maybe we all get to punch an existing sprint customer in the face, who knows)

EDIT: lol scam call blocking

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 16, 2020

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

IOwnCalculus posted:

So did you actually get bumped over to a different plan?

I'm on that 2-for-100 plan plus $10/mo in TMo One, though honestly I don't think either of us actually use any of the features that come in that. Third line for free (coming back tomorrow) might be nice.

Also see they're offering $500 in credits to trade my S9+ in on a S20. I don't really need to upgrade but the part of my brain that always wants new shiny is tempted, especially since it seems like best I could hope for selling it on my own is $300.

I did, my plan got slightly screwed up but kept the insider discount and kickback discounts. It took a month for everything to settle in though. I'm going to try and add another line on this new promo and see if I can.

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Sep 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Added my free line today via chat, it was pretty painless. I was originally on the "2 lines for $80 with free One Plus" promo but got them to switch me to a plan that allowed me to add more lines.