Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I'm guessing the AutoPay discount takes a few cycles to show up? Just had my first T-Mo bill get autopaid (and I'm on the 2 for $100 plan) and it wasn't discounted $10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Don Lapre posted:

Contact tforce on Twitter and they will adjust it.

I just logged in again and now the AutoPay thing states "You're paying with AutoPay and are now saving $10 per month ($5 per voice line/month)."

I'll wait for it to generate the next bill and I'll DM T-Force if the discount isn't applied then.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Daily Forecast posted:

Check to make sure the reps at the store didn't cheekily sign up both lines for T-Mobile One Plus. We get bonuses for that and less scrupulous stores have been caught adding it on to every customer every time regardless of consent or foreknowledge.

I never do that, myself, but I've heard of it.

Definitely not. The bill breakdown and all the info I can see reflects exactly what was explained to us when we switched, which from what you said combined with stories I've read seems alarmingly uncommon.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Maneki Neko posted:

Anyone have any issues with lower than expected bill this month? It looks like they maybe double applied a credit or something?

I'm on the 2 for $100 with the 20% discount and a free 3rd line and my bill was $61 this month.

My bill is exactly what I signed up for.

2 for $100 + 2 * $30 device payments + 2 * $12 Jump + Device Protection = $184.00.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Any idea what's going on here? I got the bill for next month and my 2-line $100/mo T-Mobile ONE is apparently now 36% cheaper?

Also, our insurance with AppleCare+ dropped $4/month on both lines.

It tells me there are no changes on the lines or account, but the price is suddenly different. Our total used to be $184/month. Not that I'm complaining about spending $40 less a month, I'm just curious what changed.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Any idea how long these trade in deals stick around? I'm probably going to pay off the rest of my EIP in the next month or so, since I have $180 left on my phone and my wife's each. Being able to turn around and trade both phones in for a $300 credit each is very tempting, but we just did $1200 worth of car repairs so that's not happening this paycheck.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Daily Forecast posted:

No idea. We're never told when a promotion ends, which is the most annoying poo poo ever. I wouldn't be very surprised for it to not last past the preorder stage, though.

That's unfortunate. The going rate on Swappa for a 128GB iPhone 7 Plus is $400+, so that seems like the route to go anyway.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I'm pretty sure I'm on the same plan and since COVID my wife and I have been constantly getting kickbacks. Nothing has been tempting enough to make us want to switch away from it.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Got the new iPhone 13 today, eSIM came pre-activated and connected fine to T-Mobile's network. Even showed the new phones on the T-Mobile site. Couldn't get SMS or calls to work though, even after deleting the Cellular Plan from the phone and re-adding it through the T-Mobile website.

My iPhone 12 was a physical SIM though, so just popped that out and into the new phone, that worked. Be nice to use eSIM but it's not necessary.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
T-Mobile has been a bit better in my experience, but maybe it's because all the Verizon customers in my town are olds and probably just need help figuring out how to get back to The Internet on their new iPhone (it's actually a Samsung, of course).

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Bentai posted:

I pay $55 a month after taxes/fees for unlimited everything. There's no way on god's magenta earth I'm giving up that plan any time soon. Nice deal for folks on the Max though.

I don't have quite a good deal but I'm still pretty happy with my $80/month w/ kickbacks two lines unlimited everything plan. No compelling reason to switch off of that yet.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
If the price increase is really only $5 per line I'm not going to be too upset.

I have a feeling looking at the comparison of my current ONE plan and the Go5G plan for 2 lines that it will be more than that.

Will it be enough to switch carriers? Hard to know, I haven't been impressed with Verizon in my area anyway - I trialed them back in August

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

:jerkbag:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

RodShaft posted:

Yeah I'm on advantage. It's not listed in their list so we'll see.

I don't watch Netflix so it ruined it when they swapped Amazon for Netflix.

Yeah I don't even want Netflix. Give me a plan without all these stupid loving freebies I won't even use :argh:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Duckman2008 posted:

Be careful what you wish for, other carriers took this input and re rolled out plans at the same price but with no freebies lol.

I'd almost prefer that, then there's no pretense of "but you're getting bonus poo poo (you're not even using)!!"

I'm here to pay you for phone service, not loving Netflix subscriptions

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Well since you already use T Mobile, why not use Mint or even (brace yourselves) Consumer Cellular?

Every time I've used an MVNO it's been a marked decrease in connection speeds, even on plans that shouldn't be deprioritized like Xfinity Mobile's unlimited data plan with high speed video streaming enabled was loving unusable in my area

T-Mobile is already unreliable enough inside buildings on its own. I sucked it up because it was cheap.

What's worse is I live in a foothill town so the service is just unreliable no matter what. You just can't attenuate LTE/5G through hills

Macichne Leainig fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Playing 4D chess with having a "dummy account" of sorts. That's smart!