Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Did T-Mobile get rid of "3G" data or at least the nomenclature? I went on a trip over the holiday and my new G3 switched between GPRS, EDGE, "4G", and LTE. It never once indicated I had a 3G connection anywhere.

Have their 3G bands been completely refarmed to 4G/HSPA or LTE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Burden posted:

HSPA and HSPA+ has always been 3G Tmobile just branded it as 4G like most of the other carriers. 4g is LTE.

So they don't indicate anything as 3G anymore? I knew HSPA was technically a 3G technology and was branded as 4G for marketing or whatever, but they used to have UMTS as their first 3G tech (operated on 1700 and 2100 bands), what happened to it?

Edit: I guess what I'm trying to ask is has T-Mobile done away with 3G as a term entirely? Renaming those services as 4G for strictly marketing purposes.

Branch Nvidian fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Dec 28, 2014

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Wifi calling is baked into the devices and you don't have to sign up for it. I think Visual Voicemail is free, but VM to Text costs $5 a month (also includes a caller id feature) unless you are getting iPhones, which do that for you.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

So T-Mobile is offering the Pixel 3/3a devices starting tomorrow, and the page for them (https://www.t-mobile.com/customers/google-phone-deals?icid=WMM_TMNG_19GOOGPIXL_7PQPQOYTFGN8OH1SV17077_HP) says that "This year's Pixel devices will not be available with JUMP! On Demand at this time." I'm confused on if that means just the 3a and 3a XL since they came out in this calendar year, or if it is talking about this specific generation of Pixels (3 and 3a). Seems kind of nuts to me that they'd offer an $800 phone and not allow JOD on it while having JOD available for far more expensive and far cheaper devices.

It should be pretty clear that I've got JOD and I would like to get a Pixel 3 if possible, but don't want to have to pay off the iPhone I already have on JOD.

Edit: They responded on Twitter. All Pixel devices are excluded from Jump on Demand. So, uhh, anyone know what the cheapest JOD device is so I can maybe get out of leasing my phones?

Branch Nvidian fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 8, 2019

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Statutory Ape posted:

Pretty sure the alcatel flip is JOD eligible , and iirc is $75 msrp

Is there an account cool down period between upgrades? Like if I traded in my device for the alcatel and then just bought it outright, would I be stuck with it for a certain period of time before I could just do a regular upgrade on EIP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

According to this post: https://www.droid-life.com/2023/11/30/samsungs-galaxy-s24-line-stops-through-fcc/ the North American unlocked S24 Ultra (SM-928U) has the radio bands for all carriers in the US. Pop in your SIM and go about your business.