Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

So, my family and I are thinking of switching to T mobile because they're half the cost of Verizon.

My family has been with Verizon for a while now and I remember there being a lot of incentives to switch, so my dad and I are trying to discern the best way to make this switch work with us.

We currently have 4 lines, one of which is on device payment with $700 left. I have $100 left on mine. We were told they'd buyout device payment contracts from Verizon and let you keep the device if you switch, up to $650 per line.

So we're thinking of going into Verizon and getting all new devices on payment programs tomorrow, then switching to T-Mobile the day after and having them pay $650 on each of those devices.

Are we wrong that this will go down how we expect? I called and the dude was like "yeah, if it's on device payment we'll cover $650 per line to switch, but it has to be done in-store so check with them."

I'd like to get y'all's impression on this before we go in there because Goons Never Let You Down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

SeANMcBAY posted:

They give you the shittiest most basic 480p plan on Netflix. I don’t even use mine.

It defrays some of the cost of the actually-good plans

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

They still do that with netflix, and if you want a subsidy on your Disney Bundle and have an Amex this is fairly substantial: $84/yr Disney Bundle

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

eddiewalker posted:

After a month and a half, corporate finally decided to replace my $100 prepaid card that was mistakenly marked “redeemed” when it was rejected for putting my account over the $1000 limit.

Except, they only deposited $80 and asked for my address to mail a physical card for the remaining $20.

Why is t-mo trying to dox me?

send it to the post office for safety