Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001
I was happy with tmo for several years, then convinced my wife to get on a family plan with her parents. They quoted $160/month for the four of us, then autopay discount, the hookup 20% off, and my pixel rebate of about $12 each month. That was back in March. They have NEVER billed us correctly. The last bill was $180. My pixel rebate never showed. We received contradictory answers about the hookup, but apparently that $180 was down from $214, and I have no loving clue how they arrived at that number. Not only that, but they mistakenly ported out my number when adding her parents, and assigned my mother-in-law's number to my phone. They were able to fix that, but charged us $45 for the port that never should have happened, and they never refunded that, despite agreeing to.

We've contacted them after every incorrect bill, and been given bullshit reasons and a promise that it'll all be correct next month. It never is.

Tmobile was a great deal when they actually give you the deal you signed up for. But apparently they can't get that right on anything other than a single line. We're going to ATT. I know ATT is worse on paper, but if they can actually operate like a company instead of the 3 stooges, it'll be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

You can shut off those alerts on the phone itself, at least with iOS. I’m sure Android could do the same.

I know you can turn off AMBER alerts, and extreme/severe threats, and the monthly test. I don' think you can turn off the presidential alert. At least, I don't have a toggle for it.

Lifehacker has a (useless) guide on how to attempt to avoid the alert. https://lifehacker.com/how-to-avoid-an-unblockable-presidential-alert-1829135000

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001
Is amplified any better than One with 4 lines and hookup pricing?

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001
Unrelated to anything, and probably uninteresting to most, but I just met John Legere on the street in downtown Bellevue, WA. He was dressed head to toe in t mobile swag.

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001
Wait, they're no longer forcing plan changes? I was wondering why i didn't get the notification text.

Got a source?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001
Did you receive any kind of text from tmo about it? We went to check on eligibility today (not eligible) and the person said that tmo will generally send a text if you are.