Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Humerus posted:

Okay so the way it would be (for example) is if my mom had her card as the default, then I could log in before the auto pay, pay $50, and my mom would be charged for the remainder?

Yes, autopay should charge the card on file for the outstanding balance on the day it triggers. As an alternative to manually paying, use your bank's bill pay service to set up an automatic payment at the beginning of the billing cycle, so your payment will be credited to the account well before your mom's autopay happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Astro7x posted:

I never have issues in Chicago.

Same. T-Mobile has good coverage in Chicago.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Chaotic Flame posted:

Is there a simple plan that would be good for an older person? My grandma needs a new phone since she's still on an old keyboard dumb phone that's dying but I don't want her bill to jump drastically by adding data. Right now she pays about $35 for unlimited Talk & Text.

https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/t-mobile-one-unlimited-55

Two unlimited lines for $30/line (tax included) if there's someone who wants to go in on a plan with her. Otherwise check out the $30 MetroPCS plan (tax included) with unlimited talk/text and 2GB high speed data.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Mitch McGobble posted:

So, just a reminder/heads up to everyone here: starting today, T-Mobile will start sharing customer data with third-party advertisers unless you opt-out. You should be able to opt-out in the app or on my.tmobile.com.

Thanks for the heads up. I found the opt out toggles in the app under More -> Advertising & Analytics

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

What do those of you who have them do with the free lines and phones you got when Tmo did promotions for them? Just curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

This sounds like a transactional rollback issue. In the back end code on the website for redeeming prepaid cards the steps would go something like this:

1. Validate the card
2. Debit the balance from the card
3. Credit the amount to the user's account

Step 3 threw the exception that your account balance can't go over $1000. Since step 3 failed and this is meant to be an atomic transaction (all steps completed or none), step 2 should've been reversed.

Hope you get your money back.