Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

My wife and I are thinking of jumping ship off sprint. Customer service has just been horrible this year and with them being rid of upgrades after 2 years, there's no point in keeping our sero accounts. She needs to have an apple phone for work, and I'm locked into Android. Is the $100 all in plan the best deal I use an insane amount of data, so unlimited is kinda a must. What's this 20% off thing people are talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I guessing sprinters can't do it. I can't seem to.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

It'll also keep me from looking elsewhere when my kids get old enough for phones

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

So my in-laws are looking for a new plan and phones. I'm leaning toward the base 55+ plan. Should they till black Friday for phone deals? Or just go with the bogo samsung s20?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Anyone know if the free line works with us sprinters that came over?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Tortilla Maker posted:

I think I'm on a Pixel 3 and believe my wife is an iPhone 8 Plus.

We're using the default messaging apps.(Google's Messages for me, Apple's Messages for her)

My wife and I have this issue her being on iphone 10 or 11 pro or plus(I don't follow apple closely) and I'm on an LG G8x. Videos to and from her parents on a decades old Android have no issue.

We "solved" it by just using Facebook messenger for videos

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Boxman posted:

I'm currently on the old T-Mobile One Plus plan - is there any downside to swapping to the Magenta Max plan? I see I lose voicemail-to-text, but iPhone visual voicemail handles that anyway.

It's a really dumbass reason (I can't get the free year of Apple TV+ without a Magenta-branded plan), but if there's literally no downside I might as well take the benefit. And its not like they're going to add benefits for the old plans, right?

I got the free apple tv year on an old Sprint plan. Weird.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Coming from Sprint,I have one of my three lines that still needs upgraded our it'll stop working in the next month. It's my "home phone"/son's phone, so it doesn't have to be great. But I'd like it to be better than the Samsung A50 that I have on it now. The free ones they advertise are slightly worse, are there any free/cheapo phones better than it through T-Mobile? I'm fine being locked into 24 months or whatever.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

RodShaft posted:

Coming from Sprint,I have one of my three lines that still needs upgraded our it'll stop working in the next month. It's my "home phone"/son's phone, so it doesn't have to be great. But I'd like it to be better than the Samsung A50 that I have on it now. The free ones they advertise are slightly worse, are there any free/cheapo phones better than it through T-Mobile? I'm fine being locked into 24 months or whatever.

Edit:

These two are like $2 a month are they any good? The Nokia has 6g ram but it's missing a bunch of cellular bands?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Charles posted:

The Nokia is designed exclusively for TMobile. Better not travel anywhere with it.

Oof. Any suggestions then?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Hey I have I have 9 months left on by Pixel 6 pro contract thing. It's $10 a month after a $25 credit. The screen has broken. If I just activate another phone on my line do I still get the credit since they're still going to charge me monthly as long as I don't enter into a new monthly phone purchase agreement or whatever? Or do I actually have to have the phone on my line for the credit? I'm on the Sprint grandfathered in swac plan whatever that's called now.

Edit also, any deals on T-Mobile phones would be appreciated

RodShaft fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 20, 2023

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Harminoff posted:

I'm on swac on going on a cruise this week. I believe it has free roaming, but will I get a million charges if I attempt to use it on the ship?

I'm not sure about cruise ships but you should have Sprint Global roaming. Which includes unlimited text, and unlimited data at 2G speeds in like 140 countries or something ridiculous. I forget where exactly you can check on this, but I just looked it up for my son's account because he's going to England. So just putz around your plan and add-ons and that crap and make sure it's there.

Unrelated Edit: is this the best deal floating around at the moment? I need a phone with the quickness and it's in stock at my store.
$250 Motorola - Moto G Stylus 5G 256GB (2022 Unlocked) - Seafoam Green (Best Buy)

RodShaft fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 20, 2023

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Thanks. It was written really confusingly on my bill compared to how it looked the last time I subsidized a phone. I also confirmed through their chat that is true as well.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Queer Grenadier posted:

I’m a legacy Sprint Kickstart customer. I didn’t see that listed nor have I received any communications. Hoping they don’t touch that. No way that compares in price.

Yeah I'm on advantage. It's not listed in their list so we'll see.

I don't watch Netflix so it ruined it when they swapped Amazon for Netflix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Another free line deal. You need an employee to check your segments page to see if your eligible.

https://tmo.report/2023/12/t-mobile-is-again-offering-a-free-line-to-select-targeted-customers/