Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
After finding out about the ETF thing, t-mobile pretty much won my heart as it provides more than I get from Verizon for less money, and without all the contract bullshit, which has always been a thing I hate. Also the network is much more robust than last time I looked at it, which is important because I need my service to be rock solid reliable (I drive ambulances and need to be able to call and be called by dispatch).

However, I used the tool here and it tells me my number is not able to be ported. I have a Verizon phone number. The tool says a small number of numbers can't be moved usually due to not having a contract, but I don't think "all Verizon customers" would count as a "small number." Is it because I still have this number on a VZW contract, and this tool is only for online transfers?

Basically the only thing that would keep me from moving to TMobile tomorrow morning is if I would have to leave my current phone number. Even that probably won't stop me, but I'd really like it if I didn't have to go through all that.

Edit: the more I'm reading about it it seems likely that it's just because that number is still on a contract. When I go to the corporate store in person, will they be able to make this entire process suffering-free and easy for me by taking care of contacting Verizon and so on, or do I need to come up with a convoluted plan on my own for getting my ETF bill, liberating my number, getting it all transferred, and so on without any interruption in service?

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU