Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
I recently switched to T-mobile from Verizon. I have my mom on my account. She had a LG flip phone on Verizon that she really liked. I see T-mobile only offers an Alcatel flip phone that has a bunch of negative reviews. Are there any other flip phones that work on T-mobile that anyone could recommend? At the moment my friend gave me an old iPhone that I set up for her and showed her to use the phone app but she seems to have a hard time remembering how to use it. My dad helps her since he has a Samsung phone but I worry if she is alone and needs to use the phone she won't remember how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I checked the Nokia site and saw the 3310. I didn't even realize this was still around. This phone actually looks great but it is only 3g and I think I remember reading that T-mobile wanted to turn off the 3g network on 2020 or before. The price is surprisingly low so maybe I'll just grab it. Thank you for the suggestion.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
One plus can be added to just one line.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I had a nice experience with Best Buy. I preordered my 13 pro, trading in my 12 pro for their 800 trade-in value. Went to pick it up today. I backed up my phone and erased it before going to the store and took out my SIM card. I get there handed them my phone. They took a few minutes on their computer and handed me my 13 pro and I left. The guy just asked if I had my stuff backed up and I said yea so he gave me the new phone and I walked out.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004

Astro7x posted:

What is the catch on this Best Buy trade in promotion.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/iphone...e774cf9d6690INT

So I can trade in my iPhone 12 Pro for $900 towards a $1,000 iPhone 13 Pro? I assume I just continue to pay off the balance I owe on my phone through T-Mobile as I normally do, but I'll have a new phone from Best Buy for $100+ Tax?

No catch for me but I purchased my phone last year. I paid $106 with tax when I traded in my 12 pro for a 13 pro.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I backed up my phone, took my sim out and wiped it before even going to Best Buy. When I got there one of their reps just checked the phone for a couple of seconds turned it on and saw it was already wiped, asked me if I backed up my stuff. When I replied that I did they handed me the new 13 box and sent me on my way. I was in and out in like 15-20 minutes.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I ordered my 14 pro from apple and did the phone to phone transfer. I was actually amazed everything went smoothly. My line transferred from physical sim on 13 pro to e-sim on 14 pro in a couple of minutes.
I was expecting having to call customer service and have to wait forever because it was new iPhone day.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
So apparently starting in may you will need to use a debit card or bank account for auto pay discount. I was looking at my account online and was greeted by a banner telling me to change my payment method since I use a credit card.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
It's annoying but not a big deal for me. I was using a credit card since I figured may as well get some cash back if I'm paying my bill anyway. I'll switch to debit. Definitely don't trust t-mobile with my bank account given their breaches in recent years.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
There's also been a scam with gift cards going around especially in target. Thieves will take gift cards and manage to get the numbers and pins somehow then place them back in the store. A coworker was hit with this recently with a target gift card. They got a $100 target gift card from a friend. When they went to use it, it was already redeemed. They have spoken to customer service and I think there's an investigation. They tried going to the store with the receipt and were told sorry can't help, call the customer service number on card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
Oh ok. Hopefully you get your money back soon.