Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I've wanted to try t-mobile for a while, but am leaving for Europe tomorrow. If I signed up and immediately used international roaming, would I get booted? Is there a 30 day trial window?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Goodpancakes posted:

Someone who works at TMobile hook me up with this

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/home-internet-pilot

My crazy landlord won't allow cable to be run to this apartment in SoCal so I have copper ADSL internet that was good in 1999

If this is any good (the cell towers have to be served by somebody, too), it would be really good for my friend who gets 0.5mbps on average. Yuck.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Post back if you have success

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Is that why Facebook messenger stopped working too? And my Anker security cameras?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

EL BROMANCE posted:

Sounds like it's even bigger than just TMO/Metro

https://twitter.com/JamesTheFAM/status/1272604830603841536

In FL, everyone in my office (only a few of us, but 100%) is affected.

The reporting of Verizon and others on Down detector seems to be from people who can't reach them (or Verizon who can't reach their T mobile friends) so I'm not 100% sold on this.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
So who is JamesTheFam

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I got confused because MLB is BLM backwards and thought that's what you were saying for a moment.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Signed up for Tmobile yesterday. The first line that he signed up gets all kinds of texts about surveys and stuff, can I change which line they're directed to?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Maneki Neko posted:

I've found those to be fairly random in terms of what lines gets what depending on what you're doing but generally they get sent to the "primary" line which you should be able to change.

I created an account on the website last night and set myself to primary but I think the survey still went to that other line this morning. Oh well, but it's just going to someone in their 70s who is not very tech savvy, so it might take me a while to hear about it 😂 Hopefully changing me to primary will send all the tech stuff here.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Hmm that didn't work. Bill notice still went to that line. If I figure it out I'll update here.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I just switched from AT&T to T-mobile so I'm double hosed. Some AT&T data is out there too lol

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Anybody have experience with the ISP? I know the "trash can" router is a firmware mess, but if I fudged my address a bit to get service, how bad would that be? :P It's available 2 blocks away :P

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The Nokia is designed exclusively for TMobile. Better not travel anywhere with it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

RodShaft posted:

Oof. Any suggestions then?

The Motorola. The version that's on Amazon has a good 4.5 star rating. Not an expert here though, wait for somebody else to chime in maybe. I've been on the iPhone train for a while and haven't kept up with Android phones.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Would the lack of n66 be a big deal? I drove around with my Nokia 9 and it went between n2 and n66. Does n66 tie into any 5g NSA bands?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Are either of the 2 (?) 5g hotspots any good? For whatever reason, they both have low ratings:
https://www.t-mobile.com/hotspots-iot-connected-devices
I'm travelling and I only have a 4g phone and am finding I could use higher speeds, haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Ooh thank you. I was just hoping I could get an extra line. How does T-Mobile tell hotspot data from anything else? I changed TTL but some still got flagged as hotspot when using a mobile router. I only used that temporarily, have a home internet line now, though it's not unlimited due to location.