Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Burden posted:

1. You just need to trade in a phone that is in working order. It doesn't have to be your actual phones. You 3GSes should be fine. As long as it is a phone that is in our trade in system it will work.

Thats awesome news, my family plan has one cracked iphone 5 on it, but a backup 4 that is fine can be my trade in for that line. Switching and getting new phones wont save a ton of money (~$25-30 a month, which is better than nothing), but Im doing it more to support the consumer friendly practices going on. Thanks for your info!

Also, anyone who lives in Baltimore/DC Metro Area (Columbia, MD) can speak for service reliability? The coverage map looks good, but Im always skeptical of that kind of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="424271605"]
Wi-fi calling usually sounded better to me than normal calling on my HTC One.

Does it transition automatically? Like If I go into my apt and service cuts out on a call will It stay connected as long as it on wifi?

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

So I switched to T-Mobile ~ 2 months ago, and just moved at the beginning of this month to a new apartment. I have LTE oustide, but inside my apartment, I have no service anywhere other than a window.

I picked up T-Mobile because I liked the companies policies, and I knew that they offered wi-fi calling...until I realized the iphone doesnt have this feature.

My question is, using jump, can I trade in my iphone to get a wifi capable device (such as the OneX) without putting any real money down? To people who work for T-Mobile, is there any wiggle room on what I can do for my situation since I moved? I want to keep T-Mobile, but I need service in my own home.

---

Also, If I bought a new phone, say a OneX on Ebay, does any model support wifi calling? Or do I have to get a T-Mobile branded phone?

Kanish fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Feb 25, 2014

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Question:

I switched to T-Mobile from AT&T and submitted a ETF reimbursement. A month or so later I moved, updated my address with T-Mobile and set up mail-forwarding.

As Months go by, it finally gets approved. Then more time goes by and I keep checking on it. It gets "mailed" on 3/19, but the expected delivery wasnt until 4/18. So today comes and its still not here.

Online chat is useless, and was like "well it would have been mailed to your old address", for which I have mail forwarding from. I quickly found out it was useless to chat with them on live chat. So I called and then got transferred to the tmobile rebates department which had high traffic and disconnected me. And again.

I have no idea where it could be, and I am out $400+ dollars. Anyone T-Mo employees have any idea? Could I go into a store and speak with someone to get it done?

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

tuluk posted:

So it sounds like:
A)it was sent to your old address
B)today was the expected delivery date
C)physical mail forwarding takes additional time
D)you aren't taking into account B & C.

Nah, after spending two hours I finally got through. The card got sent and bounced back by usps and they never bothered to notify me. Im a little annoyed because the "ship" date and the delivery date were a month apart somehow. So the whole time I'm thinking its still in the mail, giving them the benefit of the doubt.

My initial reaction was talking to the online chat guy who pretty much said its been too long to do anything, where the actual reimbursement department told me it got sent back to them in March. Its just all a convoluted mess.

I also had to call verizon to work out a wrong $180 fee they sent me so that compounds my annoyance.

Anyway, long story short, they are sending me a new card so its all good now, its just complete opposite of what the initial person told me on the chat.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

If you upgrade online with a preordered iphone through JUMP, how does the trade it work? Do you just have an x amount of time to mail in your trade in while you wait for the new phone to arrive or what?

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Astro7x posted:

I was told 7 days by a rep in the store FWIW

Any idea if thats 7 days after you received the new phone or initiated the jump trade?

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Burden posted:

IPhone 6 and 6+ update. Most Tmobile stores will most likely be receiving 16gb models for the 6 only. Most stores if not all stores won't be receiving 6+ in any capacity or color unfortunately. T-Mobile is completely sold out of the 6+ from what I've been told. Wait times for shipping a 6+ is 8 weeks and 6 is 4-6 weeks when I checked yesterday. Stores will most likely be busy tomorrow with most stores opening early at 8AM.

In regards to the cellspot Wi-Fi router. You will be able to pick it up in stores starting the 24th with a $25 deposit for postpaid customers. It is $99 if you are a prepaid customer. They are shipping them to postpaid customers now for no deposit till the 24th and it's taking 1-3 weeks to ship them out. Just call customer care to have one shipped to you.

Good lord, I expected to wait weeks for my plus, but already backordered 8 weeks is nuts.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Anything official about 6+ backlogs? I "preordered" mine on the 15th, and I expected it to be awhile. My order still says "being processed" so Id like to know some time frame.

What happened with the plus anyway? The regular 6s seem to be pretty easy to find from what Im reading, but the plus is just out everywhere indefinitely. Did apple just underestimate how much people wanted the larger phone?

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Hakarne posted:

Yeah my expected ship date is October 24th. :( I hope Apple/tmobile can get stuff out the door sooner but I'm not holding my breath.

Where did you get a estimated date? I still havent gotten passed order being processed.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Hakarne posted:

I ordered over the phone because I get an employee discount that you can't set up online. The dude gave me an estimated ship date at the end of my order.

Would you mind letting me know when you placed your order? That will help me figure an estimated timeframe.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Is it normal to have the order still being processed a week later?

I ordered a 6+ on the 16th and has just sat on being processed the entire time. Im not sure if it should be switched to "backorder" since I expect it will take a few weeks. I just want to know what statuses people are getting for 6+ who are waiting.

Edit: I did the inspect element that people were talking about and looks like there is a expected delivery date of 10/5 so thats not too bad at all if it holds up.

Kanish fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 26, 2014

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

England Sucks posted:

How do I do this?

When you go to your order status page, there will be a little text line "Delivery Method", in google chrome, right click that and hit "Inspect Element" and there should be a line nearby that says "div id="orderDetailsEstDelDate" style="display: none;"

IF you click the little arrow to expand that line, you may get something in there, mine for example :

<span class="ui_body_bold">Estimated delivery : </span><span class="estimatedDeliveryDate">10/03/2014</span>
</div>

It was something thrown around on MacRumors, so take it with a grain of salt. But it at least gives me some hope haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

nougatmachine posted:

With nothing attached, it's speaker-only, but it also works with headphones that have the little built-in mics (and, I assume, you could pair a bluetooth headset to an iPad). Handy when the phone is being charged in one room and I'm in another one. Come (probably) next month when the next major version of Mac OS comes out, you'll be able to share calls from your phone to your Mac, as well.

Anyway, my annoyance is that there are parts of my apartment that get zero cell signal on T-Mobile. So I'm having to toggle wifi calling and the phone handoffs on and off, depending on my use case at a particular moment. Fiddly and annoying.

If you get service in a single spot in your apartment, but not others, you can get a free signal booster. I get LTE near my window, but deeper into my apartment I got nothing, so I walked into a TMobile store, signed a paper that says I will return it or pay $500 and walked out. Works great.