Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Cap'n Scrap'n of the Hit Brigade
I'm seriously considering switching from AT&T because they suck and I hate them, but I have a few questions:

1) I get lovely cell signals at my house. We have a Microcell from AT&T, is there some sort of similar thing for T-Mobile? I googled (granted, quickly) and couldn't find any mention of a cell booster or anything. We'd almost certainly need one.

2) Is there any sort of requirement that the phone you trade in be a smartphone? The phone I regularly use has a busted screen, so its a no go from what I read above, however I have an older lovely dumb phone that has no such issues. Could I trade that in?

3) I have to trade in something to get the ETF reimbursement, right?

4) I don't live anywhere near a physical T-Mobile store. Will I have to go into a store to do this, or is there some way I can ship the phones in or whatever?

5) I have a corporate discount through my employer (15% I think), I'm assuming that only applies to the service itself, not to the monthly payment on the phone, right?

Sorry, that's a lot more questions than I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Cap'n Scrap'n of the Hit Brigade

LastInLine posted:

1) No but some/most models offer wifi calling

2) No it can be a featurephone/dumbphone

3) Yes

4) I can't answer this but I'd assume you can do it over the phone/internet somehow

5) I would assume you're correct

thanks!

A couple follow up questions if you don't mind:

How good is the wifi calling? Am I going to notice a difference between wifi calling and standard calling?

Also, no wifi calling for iphone? I don't give a poo poo because gently caress Apple, but that may be a killer for the wife. Is that something that is coming at all, or is it just a non-starter?