Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Vulcan posted:

How do we capitalize on this? Should we switch our messaging plans to lower tiered ones (I think I can switch from unlimited down to 1000 or even 100).

Or have they suddenly stopped allowing you to switch features around as well because they thought of this?

Also what if a phone had no messaging plan; is one message considered an overage?

Isn't every plan currently offered except the Walmart one unlimited talk and text?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

England Sucks posted:

T-Mobile loving dropped the ball on the iPhone 6 being unlocked. Pisses me of.

Don't they only unlock it if you have it completely paid off? Are you on installments?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="436708226"]
What is T-Mobile even doing with all these phones? Refurbishing them and filling insurance replacement requests with them?

John Legere is building a spaceship.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

I am seeing conflicting information on the iPhone 7 trade in deal. Do you have to change your plan to T-Mobile ONE? I really would rather not do that.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

repeating posted:

IoT fans, prepare to rejoice. This per CEO at my workplace today, who absolutely did not say not to say this.

My tethered smart-toaster won't count towards data limits???

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

If anyone was lucky enough to get a Sonic Mania code and doesn't want it, I'd gladly make use of it.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Thanks but that was the free Sonic CD game everyone got. It's confusing because it says Sonic Mania in the thumbnail but they are different games.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

If anyone's not using their MLBshop code from T-Mobile Tuesday I'll take it. Need a new hoodie for my wife to steal.

Edit just got pm'd one thanks!

McGurk fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Oct 4, 2017

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Really tempting to trade in my 7. Save $300 to spend $1000, those bastards.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

We did the deal for the XR. Bought a decent looking iPhone 6S on Craigslist for $150 and got bogo lines. We have Kickback and will use the paid line for business, so it will only be $10 a month. So over two years it’s a $750 phone for $390. If you need to upgrade, might as well.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

I am surprised every year they run this special because it’s too good to be true. One day they will stop and I’ll be sad.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

If the 7 is included I might be tempted. I was going to hold off on a new phone this year because it seems like most of the cool features will be in the 2020 iPhone.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Yeah, I think I’m going to go ahead and do it. I checked craigslist and can’t find anywhere near $350 for a 32gb iPhone 7.

I’ll probably end up giving the 11 to my wife and take her XR since I don’t really care about the camera, and the other features seem incremental.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

I don’t know if there’s anything worth watching on Quibi, but I just saw in my options that T-Mobile is offering a sub for free.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

In my experience it’s barely ever worth doing t-mobile offers given the hours you have to spend talking with customer service to fix all the ways it hosed up your plan.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

I’ve got an iPhone 5S laying around, I don’t really need an iPhone 12 mini or a random Samsung but those seem like better options than $50 on Craigslist or whatever.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

If I’m on a T-Mobile ONE plan with several lines that are $5/10/20 - how much will these be if I switch to Magenta Max to take advantage of the iPhone trade in?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Thanks for pointing out the comparison tool. Magenta MAX would be $47 more expensive for me WITHOUT including potential Kickback discounts on 6 lines (usually I have 2-4 people get the $10 off each month) so…not worth it at all.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

I have a family member wanting to join my plan - can we do this deal if we transfer their line over? Or does it have to be a new line/new number?

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/offers/black-friday-apple
Buy one get one ON US (up to $800 off) on any two iPhone 12 or iPhone 13 models via 30 monthly bill credits on EIP when adding a new line on ANY postpaid consumer plan (new customers must add 2 new lines).

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

I’ve also been looking at the above deal, but it’s hard to convince myself to leave my $40/mo Metro plan, even though I’d like to upgrade from my XR. Is it generally considered one of the better deals of the year? I’ve already got AirPods Gen 2 but I guess I could get the 3s and sell my old ones, and if the Apple TV is a code id sell that too.

Feels like I’d be better off just putting some money aside each month and buying a handset straight out in a years time tbh, but maybe I’m not seeing the benefits?

It seems like a solid deal. You don't have to trade in your XR and in my case I don't have to move to Magenta MAX either.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

I just moved and the Tmo signal is pretty bad being far off the main road. I bought a booster off Amazon but it could never find a signal to boost. What are my options here? Wifi calling and stuff works fine but I'd still like to have a signal in case our ISP goes down.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

Your option is to switch carriers or wait to see if coverage improves.

Yeah that's what I figured, I've just been with T-Mobile forever so hoping that's not necessary. Might have my wife switch to Verizon or something so we at least have another option in case of emergency.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Yeah I’m not seeing the benefits of switching from ONE to Go5G. Video in 720p or something?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

When is the plan switch happening? I'm still on my ONE plan and don't want to miss the window to opt out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It's apparently postponed indefinitely after the public outcry.

Ah interesting, thanks. I did get a text today asking me to switch my payment method to Debit or Bank Account to keep the AutoPay discount, kind of annoying I won't get CC points anymore but whatever.