Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
Is TMobile ever going to improve their rural area service? Also, are they ever going to ditch 2G and upgrade to at least 3G? I live and work just outside San Diego, and service is terrible. Even along interstate 8 I often have no service at all, 3G is intermittent, 2G often overpowers the 3G signal, and I have to go pretty close to SD itself to get 4G...there are plenty of high population outlying cities that don't get 4G.

I can't decide if I want to stay with my nice cheap unlimited data plan or go back to ATT. You know your network and coverage is terrible when you make people contemplate going BACK to ATT. If I knew TMobile was working on improving their network I'd stick it out, but if they're happy to ignore everying outside of major city limits I'll probably have to leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
The appendix of that presentation says that the San Diego area isn't even owned by TMobile...so that means that area is excluded from future TMobile upgrades? Obviously I don't understand how cell networks work, but shouldn't it be made clear that when I sign up for service with a company that claims all kinds of future upgrades and services that my area, despite being one of the top 10 markets in the country, is excluded? I saw TMobile's ads, read several articles about how TMobile was upgrading the crap out of their network and buying new spectrums, etc, so I bought TMobile service. Only it turns out I actually bought service with Columbia so I don't get all those future upgrades?

That combined with their coverage maps being dead wrong (said where I live was solidly covered by 2g, where I work was "good" to "very strong" with at least 3g, but I have terrible service either place) means TMobile just won't work for me. Sorry to complain so loudly, but man I hated ATT, I was really hoping this would work out.