Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
On the One Plus plan is the 10GB of 4G hotspot data per line or per account?

Looking at possibly migrating to T-Mobile on account of Verizon not doing workplace employee discounts on their unlimited plans and it would be fairly pricey to move to it (my current $115-ish bill would end up being at $185 if I stayed) and my Mom has been.... ravenous on data lately:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Did they run out of Pandora codes? I’m not seeing it in the Tuesdays app and I’m sure I’m the primary account holder.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Just claimed mine. They changed the Tuesday app a bit. You have to “claim/save” deals for them to show up under available

That’s what I have for the Shell deal, but Pandora is outright missing save the message that it’s up. I also see the Barnes & Noble deal as well.

Edit: This is how it looks in my browser on my desktop and it's exactly the same in app, the offer is just plain not there.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Aug 28, 2018

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Quidthulhu posted:

I just grabbed it and applied it. Are you in the US?

Yep.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I think it’s only one per account? Maybe you have to be the primary account holder? or someone else claimed...?

Terms say primary account holder, which I am. Billing page says so. Other line doesn’t even have the Tuesdays app installed nor have T-Mobile account to logjn with.

My guess is that I literally just transferred into T-Mobile from Verizon this past weekend and I guess background account stuff is still wonky. I dunno, the Shell offer redeemed just fine and just now cashed it in. :iiam:

Not a big deal, would have been nice for my Mom to have since she actually does use Pandora.

Edit: Got in contact with support over Twitter (neat system they got to apply my Twitter username attached to my service phone number). Looks like my guess was right, because my account was fairly new, it wasn't technically active before the offer was put in the system. The rep put in a ticket to get me a code that'll show up in the Tuesdays app within 24 hours. Real smooth process.

It's been less than a week and even though I've had to contact support twice (this issue and enabling HD video on the One Plus plan), they've both been positive experiences. I can see why they get rated highly in customer service.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Aug 29, 2018

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

And as promised by support, I have the Pandora offer sitting in my account now. Excellent!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is there any difference between pandora plus and Spotify premium?

Pandora Plus is just the same station style system the free version uses just with no ads and unlimited skipping. So no playlists, no searching the exact song or album you want to play. Pandora Premium is closer to Spotify than Plus is.

https://www.pandora.com/upgrade

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I had to call in to have HD Video enabled on my One Plus plan. For some reason I couldn't do it through the app or site. After the call, I was able to get full HD a bit after for settings to get updated.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Yeah, I wasn’t planning on upgrading this year but the trade-in has me reconsidering.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I did the 36 month financing on the 2 XR’s I got with the trade in deal that was available earlier this month. I know the phones will be supported for that long and then some and it’s not like I can’t pay it off early if things don’t pan out.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Regarding MLB.tv deal not being in the iOS app:

quote:

If you are on iOS or Desktop, you can only redeem your free subscription at https://www.t-mobiletuesdays.com. You will not find it in the T-Mobile Tuesdays app due to offer terms.

Android seems to be OK.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Maneki Neko posted:

So I'm a bit confused here. I did the "trade in your iphone 7 and get a iPhone 11 for half price" deal. It looks like TMobile gave me trade in credit for the iPhone 7 I sent back AND reduced my equipment payments by half. Anyone else seeing that?

That's how they did it for me when I traded in my 7 for a XR last year.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Cool, I'll just add it to the 20+ years of free credit monitoring I have from the other breaches I've been victimized by. Too many companies have too much of my information and this sucks, truly.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Once Equifax got hacked and literally every single US citizen's SSN got leaked, it was pretty much game over in terms of security and identity theft. Personally what I do is I have my SSN locked individually with all 3 credit bureau's. It's a pain in the rear end when you actually need to apply for something like a loan, but it's worth the peace of mind to me and it's free.

I'd like to add on top of the 3 credit bureaus, to also freeze your ChexSystems profile so would be identity thieves will have a harder time opening bank accounts in your name. There's also a lesser known credit bureau that also has a profile on you called Innovis. I froze that as well just in case. Don't usually need to unfreeze that when applying for something.

At the very least the 3 majors and ChexSystems have made it easier to unfreeze things and *don't* charge you for the privilege as they no longer legally can.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Anyone's Auto Pay just like stop? I received a text this morning saying my card couldn't be charged but was able to do it manually and redid the Auto Pay after with the same card and it didn't show any complaints.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Bit bummed I have to lose my employer provided Amplified plan to get the full device credit on the iPhone 13. :mad:

Apparently it's no longer being offered and there isn't a 5G equivalent version of it yet. I only got it like early this year/late last year?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Mr.Radar posted:

If you're talking about the plan, every T-Mobile plan (even including grandfathered legacy plans and 3rd party MVNO plans) should have 5G. T-Mobile wants everyone on 5G ASAP because it makes more efficient use of their spectrum.

Yeah I learned about 5G being on all plans when I was talking with T-Force earlier today. The bigger gripe is that you need Magenta Max if you want the full promo credit. I'm just gonna wait on it for now. If not soon then maybe I'll revisit for Black Friday.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Well after speaking to several T-Mo people, it turned out that my current plan (T-Mobile Work Perks Amplified 1.0 according to my account) was indeed already eligible for the full credit promo. So no plan change on my end and the trade-in page said both my devices qualified for the full 800 dollars per device and it didn't ask me to change my plan. So success???

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I converted my 2 lines on iPhone 13s to eSIMs. Was rather amused how simple the process was and didn't need to call a rep or anything.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Glass of Milk posted:

Should I be worried that T-Mobile offered me $899 on my pixel 4 to trade to the pixel 6, and once I completed the purchase i got a text from them saying a quote for $56 was accepted for my trade in?

If it's similar to how they did it with the iPhone 13's, then that 56 dollars is a bill credit and the rest of the credit is an EIP credit. I had $136 on my trade in last month and it was applied directly to my bill while the rest of my trade ( the rest of the quoted $799 in my case) in credit is doled out with the EIP payments.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 20, 2021

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I honestly don’t want to give them my bank info. Especially after the breaches they had in the past. :negative:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

McGurk posted:

When is the plan switch happening? I'm still on my ONE plan and don't want to miss the window to opt out.

It's apparently postponed indefinitely after the public outcry.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

McGurk posted:

Ah interesting, thanks. I did get a text today asking me to switch my payment method to Debit or Bank Account to keep the AutoPay discount, kind of annoying I won't get CC points anymore but whatever.

Yeah, I didn’t bother changing my payment method. I’m not giving my bank info out no matter what they say. I’ll eat the 10 dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

You can give them an account to keep the autopay, but then log in and pay manually via credit card.

Yeah, naw. They don’t need to hold any of that poo poo.