Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I recently had to upgrade a phone on my plan. I went on the first day of the new Go5G plans were rolled out so the rep had to keep asking questions from his manager. I had been from Sprint so I had an old "Essentials" plan so my bill used to be $165 for 4 lines plus I got in on the $25 lifetime Home Internet service.

There were 4 days left in my billing cycle. The new plan they sold me was going to be $220 + the $25 for Home internet. I went with this because it gave me $800 off the new phone and I now qualify for freebies like Netflix and Apple TV which I sub to anyway so the price increase was basically a wash. However I got a new bill and they kind of screwed me and I want to know if this is normal to do what they did?

We got a bill with a “plan change charge” of $101. We had also received $80 for trading in the old phone so this more than erased that, and this charge was never disclosed when we bought the phone and upgraded the plan.

On the bill it also showed that I had a bill of $345, not $220. The rep I spoke to tried could not explain what the charges were. Now, I know the Go5G plans were brand new but I couldn't get a clear explanation. Finally she said something that basically amounted to “we pretty much have to charge you for the old plan and the new plan for that month.” I asked to speak to someone higher hoping they might be able to explain the charge or could maybe confirm that is the policy. I was more than happy to pay a prorated difference for the higher plan for the 4 days we were on it, but they didn't prorate anything, they just charged me for a month of service for both plans. In the end, they credited $70 so we still paid $31 for basically 4 days. Which isn’t ideal but I’d been on the phone for over an hour and needed to get my kid to bed. I can see next month's bill is going to be the $220 + $25 that I expected so it's just this 4 day double billing issue.

Did I get hosed? Or did I gently caress up and that's normal? What should I do or can I even do anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Thank you guys for reading my wall of text and replying. I wasn't sure if I was taking my crazy pills or what. Sounds like they're trying to gently caress me. I'm hitting them up on Facebook now. We'll see where that gets me.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Well that worked like a charm! They credited me the $101 right away. Thanks guys!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
So if they're going to cover Hulu with ads, what if I've got the "Disney Bundle Trio Premium"? Are they gonna subsidize the bill a little kind of like they used to do with Netflix?