Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Is there anyway to get past the 10 person limit on group texts? I just switched and ran into this issue. I do a ton of larger group texting and had never seen this mentioned anywhere and the people selling the phones had no idea about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Astro7x posted:

Our of pure curiosity... what is stopping somebody from going to Verizon for a month, getting a subsidized phone, and then having T-Mobile pay the ETF and selling the phone for a profit?

You have to turn in your old phone to tmobile and buy one from them to get them to pay your ETF

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

So I am a little lost as what to do. I switched to TM about a month ago, and I am loving the service. When I switched I purchased a iphone 5s.

For the past few months I have been having crazy headaches and it turns out that its because my eyes don't focus correctly. My right eye focuses up and to the right of where my left one does. This is 99% of the time not an issue, but when looking at small text close up, I get wicked headaches. This becomes very obvious when I look at my iphone for any amount of time.

I was going to switch to a note 3, s5 (when it comes out), or the new nexus phone. I went back to the store and they said they could give me 350 for my 5s that is 3 weeks old. Obviously that is not what I wanted to hear.

What is my best path for selling/tradeing my phone?

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

PaganGoatPants posted:

Can't you increase the font?

That does not look to work on All apps. It does help on the ones that that it does support though.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

iPHones have a 30-day return policy.

Is that through apple or tmobile? At the TM store they said my only option would be to trade it in. If I return to the apple store how do I keep my phone number?

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Burden posted:

T-Mobile store is 14 days regardless of the device.

Crud. Looks like I live with it, or sell in SA mart :). Thanks for the help.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

goninzo posted:

Just a heads up, it appears that tmo adjusted data usage for family plans a bit. http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/family.html

• (good) $50 per month with 1 GB (was 0.5 GB) of data for first line, all other lines step to 1G.
  • (meh) $10 extra per line for 3 GB of data (was 2.5 GB)
  • (bad) $20 extra per line for 5 GB of data and no tethering (was unlimited with 2.5 gig tethering)
  • (bad) $30 extra per line for unlimited data with 5 gig tethering in fine print

So if you're on the family plans, might have to stick with them for a while to avoid the data cost increases.

More carriers are moving away from 'unlimited data' as well. Even though their costs continue to decrease.

If I have the 70 dollar unlimited plan now, I assume I am grandfathered in?

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

So I ordered a 6+ from the apple site. When the phone comes in do I just take my SIM out of my 5s and put it in the 6+ and I am good to go? Never done this before.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Brock Landers posted:

Did you do an upgrade or just buy it straight up? If you told apple you're upgrading, the phone will have a sim installed and when you activate the phone, the new sim will take the place of the old one and your old phone will disconnect. If you didn't tell apple to treat it as an upgrade, you can swap sims and be good to go.

...I have no idea what I did. How would I check?

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Brock Landers posted:

Well, did you buy it from your phone using the Apple Store app or on Apple's website? If you used the app, the only option was to upgrade, so that will narrow it down. Otherwise, I'd look over the email you got confirming your order.

I used the website. Payed it in full. I just redid the order from the website. There is only one option for tmobile. "contract-free" from 749. I got all the way to the phone in my cart and was never asked if it was an upgrade.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Brock Landers posted:

Well if you were never asked for your phone number (except as part of your billing address) I'd say you're getting a phone with a "virgin" SIM card and not one that will take over your old one.

So I will need to go into tmobile and get it setup?

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

where do i go on the website to opt out of binge on? I can't find it anywhere.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

What do I need to do (if anything) to set my phone up for the international stuff the offer? I thought there was free calling to a bunch of countries. My mom is heading to Italy this weekend and I would like to setup her phone if possible.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Astro7x posted:

Someone on Reddit said it was iPhone 6 or later after talking to a rep.

Is an iPhone SE later than a 6? I forget when they came out.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

What a mess. I got a notification this morning that my plan had been changed from the One plus promo to the magenta plan. When I went to look at my t-mobile my bill was about 30 bucks more than last night. All I had done was add the free line a few days ago. My bill was 160 and should have been 136. I called in and was greeted by a lady that English was definitely not her native language. We went back and forth as she assured me that it was just a change in my plans name only. Nothing was different other than that. I told her my bill had gone up, I had lost my free HD video on my accounts, and my hotspot on all my phones was down to 3gig. As she was trying to fix my account she did something and my bill went from 160 a month to 225.

About 30 min of this and either she hung up, or the call was dropped. I called back and got another person. He was infinity better. He said the first lady was probably a sub contracted support they use when they get busy. He saw my account and been changed and after about 30 min of work, he was about to reset everything back to what it was. He also upgraded all my accounts to full HD video and even made one of my other lines free too. Bill is down to 119 a month now.

He said that with the free line, sometimes it gets entered as a Magenta 2 line promo deal. Sometimes when it is being entered the person might reset the entire account to Magenta. So if you notice anything off about your bill, make sure you call in and make sure you didn't get your plan changed. The reddit subreddit has other people saying the same thing.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Can the free line deals be used on apple watch or iPads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

With the free year of paramount+, should it bill my account $9.99? Will I get that reimbursed? Or am I not eligible for the free deal because I got it free last year?