Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/begs.html
I give my T-Mobile number to my friends for MMS and also SMS when I'm in an area with no data. I hate that I can't tell when a call is coming from Google Voice or not because I get a couple of calls every week for whatever idiot had my T-Mobile number previously.

For areas with no data, you can set Google Voice to forward texts. You can reply to Google's texts and it they forward it as though you'd sent it from your GV number. I use this all the time in the roaming and no-data zones, and I still don't need anyone to know my T-Mobile number.

MMS though, yeah; I guess you can't have everything.

edit: vvv sorry, guess I just spaced out on you mentioning this

vote_no fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

Brock Landers posted:

So I'm traveling in central Florida in an area where there is supposed to be LTE service but my iphone 5S doesn't seem to want to see it. All I get is edge and maybe 4G. According to tmobiles maps, I should be getting Good to Excellent LTE. I do get LTE in my home market and I saw LTE on the way here. The iphone 5S should have all of tmobiles LTE bands covered, right? I've reset my network settings, popped my SIM out, and I'm running 7.1 with the latest carrier profile. Anyone else seen this behavior before?

When I was in Florida last, I had problems with some of the MetroPCS towers not auto-configuring and leaving me on Edge. I just had to add the MetroPCS APNs on a smartphone, but a dumphone refused to get a signal at all. If I recall correctly, the LTE APN I used was fast.metropcs.com.