Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

Megaman posted:

My tmobile bill is 70$, which is amazing compared to my previous verizon bill. If I drop jump it'll be 60$. What the gently caress is jump and why do I need it? I have a Nexus 5, and probably will never need to upgrade. I'll only buy another phone when I lose this one, or it dies. Will I need jump in this case? What is it even for?

Jump lets you upgrade your phone twice year. You don't need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

Well, that sucks.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

Kreeblah posted:

Looks like they changed their minds about booting existing customers off their discounts.

Oh, that's good. I have gotten my bill for two lines to be less than what I was paying for one line with another provider.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

IOwnCalculus posted:

It's definitely a tricky situation, though - even if they aren't spinning it as such, they're effectively incenting their users to utilize the services that don't count against their bandwidth quotas instead of the services that do.

This is definitely bad for business for any company not on the list and can definitely suppress competition. As a selfish customer though, holy crap I am going to stream so much music and its going to be awesome (assuming they whitelist all access).

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

Insane Totoro posted:

Old discounts are still grandfathered in as far as I know.

I think mine was discontinued

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
Last time I went to the store, they physically had them but had no way to ring them up and sell them. I called customer care and they waived the deposit and sent me one for free. Should be here in a few days.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
Possibly a dumb question. I had to manually enter in the APN settings on my fiances phone to get it to work on t-mobile. When we go oversees, would that cause any issues with connecting to t-mobiles free international roaming?

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
I am on the 2 line $100 unlimited everything deal which is pretty nice but I am thinking of switching to Fi as neither line typically uses that much data (Usually between 1 and 3 gigs for one line and under 1 gig for the second line).

Its nice to have the unlimited everything as a safety blanket, but I don't think I can justify it when we don't really use that much data.

I was waiting to see if T-Mobile had a new plan coming out that I could save a couple bucks with but this new One plan seems pretty bad. I might be switching to Fi soon.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
Most people can probably tell the difference in quality but most people wont care because its on their phone and they probably dont watch that many videos on their phone off wifi

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Hey guys seriously can someone explain why this is bad? I get you Gus are saying net neutrality but I don't get it really. I see unlimited and think good so why is it bad? In non nerd talk please

It's basically a lovely price for an "unlimited" plan that isn't really unlimited. If you want to watch HD videos over their network they will gladly take your money for that.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

bobfather posted:

LMBO with my 2 lines for $70 promo with 6GB and data stash paired with a 15% government discount.

I am kicking myself for not jumping on this one when it was around, but...

FlyingCheese posted:

Man I sure am glad I jumped on the 2 lines unlimited everything +7GB of tether for $100 promo. I'm not letting this thing go ever. No BingeON, no worries about data caps and great service where I live. They won't try to bump me from the plan if/when I get a new phone, will they?

I'm glad I am on this one. If they ever bump me off this plan it will be goodbye t-mobile.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
Is that credit for using less than 2 gigs of data still available? I need to switch over to the new plan and save on taxes and fees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

Pissingintowind posted:

3 ONE lines for $100 promo was only available through last Sunday, apparently.

Wish they had made that more transparent. Would have saved a wasted trip to the T-Mobile store. Also I would have taken the time to change my plan last weekend...

Yeah, I spoke to a t-mobile rep on the phone yesterday. It's an extra $20 to add another line now which still isn't terrible.