Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Meat Recital posted:

Someone needs to organize an intervention for Goblak. Second pick Treant, really?

I was hoping for a trolly Bloodseeker pick, since his silence purges it, rendering the hero poo poo useless for what they are using it for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Meat Recital posted:

Someone needs to organize an intervention for Goblak. Second pick Treant, really?

Pretty sure he's like 9-1 on him in 6.79 or something ridiculous.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Game needs more Necronomicons.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
RoX KIS needs more stuns. Or any stuns.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Tobi joking how he gets too drunk to watch Dota is the Tobiest non-racist thing he's ever said.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
MiGGel is like the underground hipster's version of Bone7.

KnoxZone posted:

Dendi was playing Ember Spirit yesterday. It did not go well for him.

This was... Meh. At least he did make a few good escapes when he didn't manfight to the death.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
This is the dumbest game of Dota I've seen in a long time

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Meat Recital posted:

Look at you doubting the goblak tree.

e; ahahah Fuckingmad going 1v4.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 13, 2014

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
So will Rox.kis come back from 0-2 :allears:

Edit: Apparently game 5 will not be tonight. Burn it all down

Devor fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 13, 2014

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
This is a good example of how to play against Tiny + Wisp. Offensive tri lane them and they'll never get started.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Devor posted:

Edit: Apparently game 5 will not be tonight. Burn it all down

It now appears that it is.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
That was a loving beating yeesh

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
It is fun seeing players do good with unusual builds. Mek on DK was pretty sick.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
That was a quick game. Nice to see Sigma take home some win money! They're quickly becoming one of my favourite teams.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
So for some reason Bamboe+4 are playing an Uzbek team in the Korean Dota league :iiam:

http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Firebatgyro posted:

So for some reason Bamboe+4 are playing an Uzbek team in the Korean Dota league :iiam:

http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

um please....its Purge+Blitz + 3.....

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

I don't think I've ever seen an offlane Engima poo poo on a farming Alchemist. Bamboe has like 37 denies in 9 minutes.

formerly tight holes
Sep 30, 2009

This is an Avatar
Eidelons do a ton of damage from level 1. Their attack + animation + projectile are pretty much the same as Enigma's as well, so it is easy to land all the attacks at once. So you are denying the other guy 1/4 of your creep wave generally, then you are last hitting for 120+ damage before the eidelons split. Enigma is nasty as gently caress.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Zephyr just ran circles around All.In. 16-0-7 Storm Spirit for Blitz.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
The look on his face when they just handed him Storm Spirit for a second game in a row :allears:

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Seems like you could really hurt Zephyr by just banning Storm. I realize that might give them an op hero but Blitz doesn't seem as amazing on non storm heroes so why not.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
This is the best team.

TI4 seems like destiny now. When the millions are doled out in August, Zephyr will be on top [of Aspera and Hearts Get Together in the DNP tier].

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Blitz casually going 1v3 and getting a kill

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I kind of expect a screen that says "Unranked Matchmaking" to appear eventually.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
So what would happen if someone did ban Storm Spirit against Zephyr? Who else does Blitz play?

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Eddain posted:

So what would happen if someone did ban Storm Spirit against Zephyr? Who else does Blitz play?

Demon's team did it and Blitz got wrecked

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
"In the first game, we were nervous. In the second game, we accidentaly picked Bloodseeker, when we meant to pick Mirana." - Blitz

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

If Lysander weren't so meme-riffic I think he could actually be a decent caster.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
I'm catching up on the NSL VODs right now and Korean Dota owns. And by owns I mean EOT just picked best hero Dazzle and therefore are the best team.

It is crazy how 4 NA pub stars + a kinda bad ex-NA pro are completely dismantling the Koreans though. I guess they haven't played the very best Korean teams yet but almost all of their games so far have been ~20 minute blowouts.

No Safe Word posted:

If Lysander weren't so meme-riffic I think he could actually be a decent caster.

This is my biggest problem with him. His analysis isn't terrible and he keeps the energy up really well in long rear end solo casts but goddamn is it annoying when he keeps shouting "Kappa! Icefrog! Volvo pls!" non-stop.

Firebatgyro posted:

Demon's team did it and Blitz got wrecked

I think that was because he was 1v1 against Demon more than anything. Blitz is pretty good with a few other mids but nothing as good as his Storm obviously.

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 14, 2014

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Crowbear posted:

I'm catching up on the NSL VODs right now and Korean Dota owns. And by owns I mean EOT just picked best hero Dazzle and therefore are the best team.

It is crazy how 4 NA pub stars + a kinda bad ex-NA pro are completely dismantling the Koreans though. I guess they haven't played the very best Korean teams yet but almost all of their games so far have been ~20 minute blowouts.
The game they played today wasn't even against a Korean team.

But yes, they did beat 'Don't Die Remikz' and 'Korean Doto Best Doto' in the qualifiers

Kainser fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 14, 2014

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Kainser posted:

The game they played today wasn't even against a Korean team.

But yes, they did beat 'Don't Die Remikz' and 'Korean Doto Best Doto' in the qualifiers

They also crushed MVPHot6 and EOT Drill in the FOMOS Dota League a few days ago.

Admittedly I don't know that much about the Korean scene, who are the top teams right now outside of Startale/Birdgang/whatever they're called these days?

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 14, 2014

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Crowbear posted:

I think that was because he was 1v1 against Demon more than anything. Blitz is pretty good with a few other mids but nothing as good as his Storm obviously.

They lost that game because Febby was pretty poo poo.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Demons team banning storm in the first round in both games was pretty hilarious and I'm looking forward to more Korean teams trying out that strategy. Blitz is definitely noticeably worse on non-storm heroes.

Crowbear posted:

They also crushed MVPHot6 and EOT Drill in the FOMOS Dota League a few days ago.

Admittedly I don't know that much about the Korean scene, who are the top teams right now outside of Startale/Birdgang/whatever they're called these days?
I have no clue either, but the Startale guys is a pretty legit good team. They were at raidcall and played three fairly competitive games against Western teams. A bit of a shame that their sponsor dropped them.

e; wait, Febby joined Startale? I take everything back

Kainser fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 14, 2014

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
Pretty boy swag gets a 13:30 gg out of another team with swag in their name. Going to game 5 for the Canada cup season 2 finals.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Every dota caster should sit down and listen to Vin Scully for like 100 hours if they ever want to solo cast.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Wezlar posted:

Every one should sit down and listen to Vin Scully for like 100 hours.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
D2CL is happening right now and their lovely DailyMotion stream isn't working for me!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Majuju posted:

D2CL is happening right now and their lovely DailyMotion stream isn't working for me!

Yeah, Livestreamer isn't working either. Welp. :shrug:

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
There isn't an (e: official dailymotion) english stream for this game if you're trying to load that channel. Try the Russian one.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jan 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Some guy I've never heard of is casting it and he's non-terrible: http://www.twitch.tv/torcheh

• Locked thread