Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Osheaga is the premiere festival in Canada, taking place at Parc Jean Drapeau in Montreal over the first weekend in August. It's expanded up to 6-7 stages now including two gigantic side by side ones and an assortment of side stages in the woods and parkland. It's quite successful, having sold out the past two years, mainly because they are leaning towards major pop acts/EDM and the fact there's really no competing festival in Toronto.

Tickets are likely $225 for a 3 day pass or $90 each day. Lineup will closely mirror Lollapalooza because a lot of bands will go from one fest to the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
This is gonna own really really hard:

Also Drake announced Outkast will headline OVO Fest, which makes it about 99% likely they will be at Osheaga as well. Word is Spiritualized and possibly Nick Cave on the Osheaga lineup too.

Edit: forgot to add TURF

Bliggers- fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 19, 2014

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Wasn't there some 2 day festival at the Citadel the last few years around July? Summersonic or something? Plus there have been some serious bands playing the public gardens; Macca, KISS, etc

Anyways you should definitely go to this: http://sappyfest.com/news/

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

thrawn527 posted:

They were still spraying it last year, too. I've gone in '11, '12, and '13, and "gently caress Kanye" was everywhere each year. It's a part of Bonnaroo culture at this point. The Bonnaroo Facebook page is exploding with rage.

It's a strange choice, but I guess they're willing to try it again. If he's late this time, people may riot.

Either way, the "gently caress Kanye" will be strong with Bonnaroovians this year.

I'm starting to think "Bonnaroovians" are assholes. OH NO KAYNE BOOOOO

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
I've been working on a huge list but Arctic Monkeys, QOTSA and Nick Cave are also on there so I will be attending.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Sphinx posted:

So many music festivals to go to, so little money :(
E: Anyone know how long Osheaga tickets last for?

Only the last two years actually sold out, and not until way closer to the festival, like a week beforehand.

There's no way they sell out before Single Day passes go on sale and that won't be for another month at least. They will announce the rest of the lineup then too.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
TURF lineup has finalized, some great additions including Beirut and Jeff Tweedy. I bought an early bird VIP pass.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Forgot to add this earlier, Bluesfest is well known for eclectic daily lineups. Gonna see Foreigner and Styx open for QOTSA.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Saw the Replacements at Riot Fest in Toronto last fall. I'm not a big fan at all but I enjoyed it. the folks I went with have been waiting years and years and knew every lyric of every song. They were all suitably impressed.

Josh Freese was drumming and he elevates any band he is in.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Riot Fest is going big this year

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
They just added The Cure to the Toronto lineup too. That Chicago lineup is nuts.

$99 early bird weekend passes can't be beat either

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
I really really really want to go to Primavera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Riot Fest Toronto owns hard except security was the most intense I've seen in 10 years. Got patted down three times and backpack ripped apart,

• Locked thread