Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
SXSW is great and this will be my 4th year doing it free. You can get a wristband or a badge but they cost too much money IMO and would prefer just going to the free parties.

Fader fort, spotify house, vans house and some others are free and are going to be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
ACL just put up their full lineup and it rivals Lolla's for worst lineup.

http://www.aclfestival.com/2014-lineup/

I'll probably go for outkast, chromeo, st Vincent, the replacements, chvrches, and juanes but goddamn it's just a bad lineup overall.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Nail Rat posted:

It's real bad but Pearl Jam and Beck would have improved Lolla's "headliners."

People I know IRL are getting crazy excited for Eminem. I don't even know what is real anymore.

lil mortimer posted:

That is laughably bad. The only thing worse is South Florida's Sun Fest.

Read it and laugh/weep: http://lineup.sunfest.com

Holy poo poo :stare:

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 22, 2014

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The Rising Suun posted:

Lorde is one weekend because C3 was kinda embarrassed that weekend 2 took so long to sell out last year. They just had her in Austin for a sold out show, so I guess it's what they are willing to try. Dont know if it is related, but they had some movement in their festival marketing department early this year.

Yeah this makes sense but I feel like its almost backfiring now. People seem to be confused about which weekend to go to and neither weekend has sold out yet, which I think is the first time this has happened for ACL in a while. Its kinda sad the direction this festival has gone IMO.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Jonny_Rocket posted:

What's up fellow (soon to be) Boston goon!

Here's the day to day lineup, which was just released today:

Friday:

Future Islands
Neutral Milk Hotel
The National

Saturday:

Clifflight
S.Carey
Sky Ferreira
Bleachers
The Hold Steady
Volcano Choir
Girl Talk
Childish Gambino
Lorde

Sunday:

Gentlemen Hall
San Fermin
White Denim
The War On Drugs
Lake Street Dive
Twenty One Pilots
The 1975
Spoon
The Replacements
Nas x The Roots

Sunday has the best lineup for sure, so I'll probably just go to that one. Friday is mighty tempting with NMH and The National though...

Don't sleep on Future Islands man. They are fantastic.

• Locked thread