Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
So there was no music festival thread 2014. Festival season is almost upon us. I’ve been doing this for a few years and I try to make as many as I can, but I’ve went from Ohio to northwest Florida, so there is a lot less going around near me.

My tentative plan for this year includes any shows that make it out to this area and a few Ratdog dates in March. In addition, we primarily attend shows at the Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park in Live Oak, Florida. It is an amazing venue, although being in Florida means it is less wild than shows I’ve attended in the midwest. We are going to Aura, Wanee, and Hulaween all at Suwanee this year.

Aura is valentine's day weekend. It’s got a lot of electronic rock bands, and a lot of great music. Wanee is the alman brothers festival in April and is the largest event they throw each year. Hulaween is an event put on by the String Cheese Incident and this year was the first year at SoSMP and it was amazing, with the venue decorated by the people who put on Electric Forest. Besides that we will try to attend one out of state festival; most likely Wakarusa or Interocken this year. In ideal world, I’ll do something awesome in the fall. I’m currently thinking Widespread Panic tour.

Here is a tentative list of music festivals. https://www.jambase.com is a fantastic resourse for finding live music. Mostly I am aware of larger festivals and festivals in the midwest that I’ve attended. Post / message me if you know of anything that should be added.

Feb 14-16 Aura Live Oak, FL
March 7-16 South by Southwest Austin, TX
March 21-22 Boku Music & Arts ProjectNew Orleans
March 27-30 Hoopla In the Hills Athens, OH
April 10-14 Wanee Live Oak, FL
April 11-13, April 18-20 Coachella Indio, CA SA Thread SOLD OUT!
April 23-27 Moogfest Asheville, NC
April 25 - May 4 Jazz Fest New Orleans
May 16-18 Hangout Music Festival Gulf Shores, AL
May 22-26 Lightning in a Bottle California
May 23-25 Summer Camp Chillicothe, IL
June 6-8 Wakarusa Ozark, AR
June 12-15 Bonnaroo Manchester, TN
June 26-29 Electric Forest Rothbury, MI
June 31 - August 3 Gathering of the Vibes Bridgeport, CT
August 1-3 Lollapalooza Chicago, IL
August 14-17 The Peach Festival Scranton, PA
August ?? Outsidelands San Francisco, CA