Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Shaky Knees Festival announced today.

Between Edward Sharpe, Dawes, Violent Femmes, Dropkick Murphys, Jason Isbell, and The Devil Makes Three, this is extremely enticing. No idea about the venue though, I'm not very familiar with Atlanta. Atlantic Station appears to be a shopping district.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Reminder that the Bonnaroo lineup is being announced starting at 9:00 Eastern tonight. I don't know why they can't just release a poster and be done with it like everyone else, but from 7-9 there's some preshow on Youtube and then from 9-9:30 they say what the lineup is. It's called Blam! if you try to look for it.

Heavily rumored headliners are Elton John and Kanye West, which I'm not all that excited about, but the undercard is mainly why I go anyway.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

TheAbortionator posted:

How the gently caress is outkast playing 44 festivals, and bonnaroo gets kanye west instead.

I went in 2012 and people were still spray painting "gently caress kanye" everywhere.

They were still spraying it last year, too. I've gone in '11, '12, and '13, and "gently caress Kanye" was everywhere each year. It's a part of Bonnaroo culture at this point. The Bonnaroo Facebook page is exploding with rage.

It's a strange choice, but I guess they're willing to try it again. If he's late this time, people may riot.

Either way, the "gently caress Kanye" will be strong with Bonnaroovians this year.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

The REAL Goobusters posted:

People I know IRL are getting crazy excited for Eminem. I don't even know what is real anymore.

I was pretty excited for Eminem back when he played Bonnaroo in 2011, mainly because he didn't tour a lot. Then I saw the show, where he rapped over a track of his own voice and only sometimes actually did even that, so sometimes you'd hear two Eminems and sometimes only one (which was the recording). Between that, and him doing maybe 45 seconds of songs because, well, he was only a guest on Airplanes so we're not going to spend more than a minute on that song, he'll just do his part, it was a really lovely show.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

89 posted:

So, who's got some packing lists of stuff they are bringing to festivals like Roo & Wakarusa?

I've gone to Roo for the past 3 years (skipping this year, but plan to go back next year). Here's our basic list:

Tent (obviously).
At least one EZ Up.
Cooler, and a really good one. We have a fishing cooler than can keep ice for several days.
Sun screen, and lots of it.
I bring bug spray, but I'm not sure I've ever needed it. I always still prefer to have it.
Water. There's water available for free all over the farm, but you're still going to want some at your campsite.
A couple portable fans.
A camel pak isn't needed, but it sure is helpful.
Water bottles, however, are needed.
Baby wipes.
A blanket you don't care about, or honestly, I've been bringing a shower liner curtain. I use it to sit on if I'm ever seeing a show from far enough away that sitting down is preferred. The shower liner is soft, and thin, so it folds up well to put in a back pack.
Flashlight, and maybe a couple touch lanterns or lights.
Batteries.
Beer in cans, because glass isn't allowed on the farm.
I also usually buy a box of wine or two, open the box and take the bag inside out of it, and freeze it, then put it into the cooler. It'll thaw pretty quickly, and everyone loves having wine.
Snacks. Preferably low fat snacks, like fruit. Apple slices feel really nice. Grapes, too.
A poncho, and shoes stronger than flip flops, in case it rains.
Trash bags.
Phone charger, and preferably something to plug that into, since finding an outlet isn't impossible, but also isn't easy. I bought this last year, and it was perfect. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009USAJCC/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Toiletries. Dr. Bonners liquid soap is great because it works as body wash and shampoo, but mouth wash is a good plan too.
Toilet paper wouldn't be the worst idea, but I've never needed the ones I brought.
A bandanna can be really helpful. Drench it in water and throw it around your neck when it's hot. Also, in 2011, it was so dry there were roving dust clouds all over the farm, so we all threw bandannas on our faces like we were train robbers.
Sun glasses.
Ear plugs aren't a terrible idea if you need it to be pretty quiet to sleep, but chances are that won't even help if Skrillex is still going strong into the night and you're trying to sleep.
Hand sanitizer.
You won't regret bring Gold Bond. Just saying.

There's also a general store there for some things if you forget or run out (like sun screen or tent pegs). Also, people in golf carts are driving around selling ice.

Basically, stay hydrated, and don't get sun burnt, and you should be good to go!

...but also all that other stuff I listed.

• Locked thread