Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
My god I hope the rumored headliners for Lollapalooza that the Chicago Tribune posted today aren't true. Kings of Leon and Eminem again? Didn't they just do it like 2 years ago? Arctic Monkeys are fine, maybe not headline worthy in the states and loving Skrillex. Color me unimpressed especially in a year that Outkast and Jack White are on the circuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Nail Rat posted:

Luckily there are many smaller festivals with actual camping nearby. Lollapalooza is basically the loser brother of festivals.

See that is why I like Lollapalooza. I can watch bands all day, leave go back to my nice air conditioned secure hotel room, take a shower, change into clean clothes and have a nice dinner. Let alone being able to sleep in a actual bed with peace and quiet.

I understand for a lot of people the camping thing is a big part of these festival experiences, it is just not for me. I am the type guy renting a house outside of Coachella to stay at instead of camping. Lollapalooza hits everything I need as it is in the middle of downtown Chicago so I don't have to work to get there, I am not at the festival's whims for food as I can leave and eat better and cheaper, and when the day is done I have a multitude of entertainment and dining options.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

thesg posted:

They put a poster on their store page where you can make out the lineup in very tiny font. Here's the top 11:

Eminem * Outkast * Kings of Leon * Arctic Monkeys * Skrillex * Calvin Harris * Lorde * The Avett Brothers * Foster the People * Zedd * Pharrell Williams

I love going to Lolla most years but that is not good for a major US fest.

That is truly awful. I woke up this morning because early bird ticket went on sale and was considering getting some until I saw they were 250 bucks. Sorry, that lineup for that price? Never going to happen.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

incoherent posted:

Pitchfork has a stronger lineup this year.

Think about that.

Sad but very, very true and significantly cheaper.

I am trying to understand how they think that lineup is worth that amount of scratch. To put it in perspective in 2007 the Pearl Jam, Daft Punk, Muse year 3 day passes were 175. I am trying to figure out who is costing 25 dollars let alone almost 300 bucks on that bill. Crazy, crazy stuff there.

• Locked thread