Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
Was at Hulaween at Suwanee last October and I was really impressed with that venue. Definitely going back next year. Another buddy of mine is lobbying hard to come back out for other stuff like Aura and Bear creek. Thinkin' about it. I'm currently looking at Jazzfest (lineup out on Tuesday), Waka and maybe EFF mostly to follow around the band I like which is rumored to be playing.

Need those tour announcements and lineups! :banjo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
Jazz Fest lineup came out, String Cheese, Springsteen, Phish, John Fogerty, Dumpstaphunk, Galactic, Greensky Bluegrass, Infamous Stringdusters. Single days only for the jam bands. Phish the first week (Friday or Sat, can't load the page to double check), Cheese the second (Thursday).

...:rock:Robin Thicke:rock:

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

John Brown posted:

Well I'm not in position to purchase a pass to the festival, but I do have friends in Austin so should I go anyway? I've got some vacation to burn and just need a reason really.

Yeah, its typically how the locals do it. Things have been changing a little bit though. Typically the way it used to be done is you didn't need a wristband and a lot of the events were free, but, you'd need to RSVP in advance for the showcase. You can find lists of interesting showcases to RSVP for on blogs, and a lot of times they're free and the drinks would be free too. What has changed is, people with wristbands get priority to these events (which has always been the case), but there are a lot more people with wristbands now and there is a higher likelihood of the spots filling up, and people getting shut out. A lot of other shows with name acts will sell tickets at the door, but again, if it gets filled up with wristbanders, which has been increasingly the case, you'll get shut out. SXSW has been getting pretty big the past few years and its getting to be a bit of a shitshow. Camping out at a showcase for free boos and maybe seeing a good band (but probably not) never had much appeal for me, personally. If you're in the music industry though it can be great.

• Locked thread