Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Did That on Television
Nov 8, 2004
lemonparties with wippersnapper
I saw "Garrison" and got excited that might have been Halifax. Of course, why would that have ever been a possibility. :( Hopefully the Pop Explosion line-up whenever it gets released -- yeah, I know it's towards the end of the year in October -- makes up for nothing big-name ever happening here any other time of the year.

Anybody here go to Evolve near Antigonish, NS? This will be my third year in a row and although I felt the security last year made the experience far less packed full of good vibes than the year before, it was still a lot of fun and won't deter me from returning yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Did That on Television
Nov 8, 2004

Bliggers- posted:

Wasn't there some 2 day festival at the Citadel the last few years around July? Summersonic or something? Plus there have been some serious bands playing the public gardens; Macca, KISS, etc

Anyways you should definitely go to this: http://sappyfest.com/news/

Yeah, I remember that. It was mostly stuff I'm not really into though, like Metallica and Weezer and maybe some others I believe? I do remember going to see Dinosaur Jr, Metric and Hey Rosetta! on the Common for free though years ago, that was pretty excellent. Thank you whichever band had to pull out for making it a free event! (I want to say R.E.M. but I could be way, way off base here...)

I keep meaning to check out Sappyfest but every time it's rolled around I've never had the money. :( I actually went to Mount Allison so it's pretty inexcusable that I haven't done so already I think. Great music scene there too for such a tiny town!

Did That on Television
Nov 8, 2004
The Obey Convention VII in Halifax, NS, Canada, announced its lineup today. I had not acutely heard of this festival until today and I'm not entirely sure why not since it seems like one of only maybe two notable festivals here (the others being the Halifax Pop Explosion and maybe In the Dead of Winter). Grouper played for this festival last year -- I didn't know that's why she was here at the time -- and I wanted to go but forgot about it until after it had already happened. :( This year looks good though, especially for $85/115...

• Locked thread