Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pictured above: The finish to the finals of BOSJ 2019.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is it weird that I don't think that bump looks that bad? Mick's basically just rolling across the top of the rails and lands on his feet.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ishii so good he can make Taichi look good with his selling.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I really, really don't like the worked X sign, it's one of those things like the 'this isn't part of the show folks' that should only be used for shoot situations because otherwise you risk boy who cried wolf syndrome.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think the idea was to do the delayed suplex spot combined with the tower of doom which is just asking for... well, what happened.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cavauro posted:

if "the boy who cried wolf" happened to a wwe injury because of the X sign, what would be the consequences of that? Miss out on somber camera shots of the crowd? anywho I don't like the fake signal either. it's tacky. Also it was Edge. Edge lifted the big show and cena on his shoulders.

Paramedic/doctor is late because they think the X is just part of the show, which could be very bad depending on the severity of the injury. Unlikely yes, but not worth the risk in my opinion.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Somewhat important to remember Hogan's finish in Japan is a lariat, as well. Which he probably should've switched to in the US in the 90s.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I miss the like 2 weeks where Bryan tried to get the elbows over as a finish on Smackdown. Then again I also loved when Jay White tried them in New Japan, but I suppose it's too hard to work them without it looking bad or just shoot elbowing the other dude.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The incredibly obvious feed is great too.

"Oh, poo poo, there's Hogan" *boops head through the ropes like a whack-a-mole*

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Was Nakanishi any good before he became an immobile lump?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Isn't Royce just doing the spinning brainbuster that Jay White does?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Suleman posted:

That looks like Goldust's "Final Cut", except done to a tiny agile person.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzzkkdIdFFU

I think Dustin calls it Unnatural Selection or something now?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Shard posted:

Bryce tends to do that

If that is his real name...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
A lot of people, myself included, are very uncomfortable watching the match because of the injury. Yes, Shibata was able to come back but it's still hosed up.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

Does Chuckie T still do the Awful Waffle in AEW?

https://twitter.com/PuroresuFlow/status/1518567141292888066

That would require Chuck to win matches, so no. :v:

(For real, I think he does it if he's winning a squash on Dark or such, but I don't think he's done it on TV in like 18 months)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

a big fat bunny posted:

https://i.imgur.com/geavug9.gifv

Archer succeeding against Yano Things where Moxley failed.

Well, you see, Archer is in Suzuki-Gun, the King teaches many methods of manipulating Young Lions to inflict punishment.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

a big fat bunny posted:

someone during the NJPW non-clap crowd show finally got to look like a badass and do a cool move

https://i.imgur.com/LF0kxkj.gifv

That was a really pretty powerslam.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The problem with impaler style DDT's is basically what's happened with the Death Rider. Taking the bump as intended is both really hard to time, and can easily just be a head drop, so it ends up turning either into a slight lift into a flat face bump (see Edge's version) or turns into a suplex (Balor/Devitt's).

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Amazingly, though, he was the best worker in the match! (The other guy is EC3, you see)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

OMG telling Dusty "I'm taking 1 bump in this match, so get your money's worth".

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

For a second I thought he was about to do the Navy SEAL copypasta

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Shard posted:

right on the back of his head I hate it.

Mikey is also bleeding from shoot headbutts earlier in the match.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wait was the finish Stan hitting the lariat on the outside and Hogan got counted out?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I miss Mysterio's Spider-Man gear.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

IIRC this show also had Julia Hart on it, and her spooky witch entrance doesn't work in a brightly lit track stadium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I genuinely don't know how he's been a wrestler this long without clocking that the way moves like that work is you aim to the side and PAST them, and let the other dude sell it.