Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Any chance of getting a gif of the Ryback clothesline on Ziggler from Main Event? At work, can't download the video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

What the gently caress was that supposed to be? Like a corner splash or something?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

This guy. This guy right here. You're a national treasure Monkey.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

epitasis posted:

God he looks better like that.

Totally. If he got a haircut and trimmed the beard to not look so Ned Kelly, he'd look great, but any amount of hair less than he has right now would be a win.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ShootaBoy posted:

Holy poo poo. :stare: Shaved Bryan looks like a skinhead.

To be fair, the curb-stomping and the crimson mask may be somewhat colouring your perceptions here. He's rough-looking, but he's not exactly Hando from Romper Stomper.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Triple HHH selling a man sitting up better than he sells most actual offense.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I could watch Heath Slater get punched out by Big Show for quite a while without getting bored.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jerusalem posted:

Are minus.com gifs not showing up for anyone else?

I've had problems with their whole site not loading for a few days now.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Illinois Smith posted:

History was made last tuesday you guys

This has to be the Japanese equivalent of peak_indy_wrestling.gif (simultaneous 4-way superkicks)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

sk posted:

john cena is good at wrestling and is a cool person

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

His work isn't horseshit though.

This and this. Anyone who says Cena is a bad wrestler either doesn't actually watch his matches, or alternately, is an idiot.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
WM, any chance we could get JBL getting his head took off?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I could watch this forever. In fact, I think I will :allears:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

TheJoker138 posted:

I think it's one of the worst clotheslines I've ever seen Harper give, personally. Usually he's got a really good lariat but this is just awkward looking.

You're right, he's given much better clotheslines in the past. The camera angle doesn't do it any favours either. Nevertheless, the recipient makes it all worthwhile.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Someone on imgur made this.

Which then prompted someone else to make this.

What a time to be alive.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jerusalem posted:

It was kind of funny watching the difference between Flair and Hart in that match. Bret was actually reacting a fair bit but he was doing it subtly, wincing or nodding or turning to look at the crowd with little,"Didya see that?" gestures. But because Flair was being really emotive and going over the top with his gestures, Bret actually kind of looks bored and uninterested by comparison.

Flair literally looks like a matinee villain in that gif. He needs a mustache to twirl.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I thought she was trying to do a forward roll.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jerusalem posted:

You know, in many ways Willie Wonka and Vince McMahon are alike. They both exploit their workers, wear bizarre outfits, live in their own little bubble of a world etc.

Also they're both batshit insane.

You missed constant potentially fatal near misses on their watch.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Writer Cath posted:

What are your favorite moments of Running in Wrestling?

Khali "running" down the ramp for a big clusterfuck run-in.

Thanks Monkey!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jay 2K Winger posted:

I think it's more likely that they sat down Harper, like "Okay, Luke, we're just gonna give you a shave and a haircu--" "--okay, y'know what, never mind, you're good."

He's got a great stare. Is he any good on the mic? I'm hoping he gets a chance at a singles run sometime.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

oatgan posted:

in case you were wondering this is what evan bourne is up to these days

also quite possibly the shortest match in Dragon Gate history?

That was a really good knee.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
http://gfycat.com/CourageousJadedAmazondolphin

Dunno how to embed the gif without it being like 18 meg. AJ/Okada match from G1 Climax.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Shima Honnou posted:

Why is Mick Foley doing a Sister Abigail?

Double-arm DDT. Can't remember who, but he definitely says he stole it from a Japanese wrestler in his first book, and was then hailed as the first person in the USA to do it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

sticklefifer posted:

Scaffold matches are universally terrible because it's always a contrived brawl to get up to the top (oh no, I'm reeling up the ladder from your punches!) and the whole thing centers around that one spot. Not much else you can do when you're only fighting on a series of narrow platforms.

Wasn't there a scaffold match in some territory where Cactus Jack worked where neither worker wanted to go off the scaffold so they ended up fighting on the top, did a slam finisher up there and then had the ref make the count? Pretty sure I read that somewhere, and then afterwards they both climbed down carefully. The ref spent the entire time in the ring, and counted in the ring while the cover was going on.

I assume it was all a rib on the booker or something - it's also possible I'm remembering it incorrectly.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

epitasis posted:

I made a quick Naito gif because I'm confounded by the way he flies without jumping:

His feet stay planted in the one spot with knees slightly bent, then he springs off the ropes and pushes up with his knees at the same time to jump.

Either that or he's a wizard.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ZenVulgarity posted:

What the sweet gently caress is this

More evidence for my theory that at 500~ pounds, bog how is a fat sack of poo poo that I hate watching, but at 400~ pounds he's loving awesome. If he does another kip-up watch the internet lose their loving minds.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dimebags Brain posted:

At first I thought Bray was wearing a NJPW shirt, which would have been cool.

Wouldn't be the first time. I assume this is what you're talking about, I'll post it again in case people haven't seen it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

epitasis posted:

slays-pussy-constantlyhoot
I just listened to this episode, I lost it at that one.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

put "fat." in front of gfycat to link directly to the image, but keep in mind sometimes they're loving enormous. That one's only a little over 1 meg though.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Illinois Smith posted:

THE BLOOD FEUD CONTINUES!!

The loving dummy did a piledriver and a release German. What manner of brilliance is this.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

njsykora posted:

Ibushi has had a legit 4-star match with YOSHIHIKO, they have amazing chemistry.

DDT sounds like a bunch of stupid good fun.

Wikipedia posted:

The 1,000th Ironman Heavymetalweight Champion was crowned on April 29, 2014, when the title belt itself became the champion, after pinning Sanshiro Takagi.

edit for great justice

Sara Del Rey is a good wrestler.

Memento fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Oct 6, 2014

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Need Dean doing the Double Arm DDT from tonight's RAW if there's a good gif of it to be had, thanks to the Gif Wizards in advance.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jerusalem posted:

That didn't make for a very interesting gif!

People, please do NOT post 50mb gifs :cripes:

Yeah you can upload 50MB gifs but they optimise to a lot less than that without losing quality. The example on their blog page was 50MB that went down to 3.4.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
There's only a few, but I needed them in my life and didn't know it.

http://imgur.com/t/rko_outta_nowhere

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

There's no loving way that's who I think it is. I refuse to believe he actually hit something from the top.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gonzo McFee posted:

He moves like a fussy granny.

"Oh dear the cookies are burning!"

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Superkick party! I'm not in-lining the gif because it's 29mb.

http://gfycat.com/VastDecimalAndalusianhorse

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

KungFu Grip posted:

I am assuming this is like French 60s wrestling, which was apparently pretty good and ahead of its time with certain things.

I'm pretty sure, if that's the gif I'm thinking about, the gentleman wriggling his way to safety is Classy Freddie Blassie.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Anyone doing gifs of Raw? If so I'd love to see Reigns doing a Samoan Drop on The Big Show. Dude must have a lot more intestinal fortitude than he had before the hernia operation.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

That's a much safer way to do that move, I'm glad he kept it because it's such a big part of his house-of-fire comeback, but landing on his back each time was no good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jerusalem posted:

Thanks WM.

Anybody want any other particular things from the Rumble, I'll throw them together when I get a chance.

The double-German by Brock on to J&J was pretty awesome.