Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I will admit I have a lingering respect for Nash for treating the company like he was the captain of a sinking ship that he didn't own or care about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

TL posted:

And here I thought that with the lights out it'd be less dangerous.

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Yeah, but they're here to sports-entertain us.

What the hell are you guys talking about? I feel stupid.

and contagious. :v:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Could someone get a gif of Curtis Axel awkwardly swimming back toward the ring from the floor? It happens right before the end of the 4-way US title match on Smackdown and it's strangely funny to me.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Judging from the way Rollins is standing, he either hurts too much to move, or Reigns is propping up his corpse Weekend at Bernie's style.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, as much as anyone can complain about the product, they really do go above and beyond for sick kids and that seriously needs to be pushed into the public eye more often.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Glad Bryan brought this back on Monday

There has to be some way he can cleanly transition that into a Yes Lock on the way down. I keep watching it but it's too fast to figure out exactly how.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's not like there's no happy medium though. They can give him character nuance AND be a superhero to kids at the same time. I don't care if he rapadoos for the win in the end to make the kids happy. But they're shooting themselves in the foot by having both his booking and his promos take nobody else seriously, because the second he's injured long-term or has to step down entirely they've built nobody else to anywhere near that level of icon status or protected booking in years. And until crowd reactions forced them to, they weren't even planning to.

That said, despite the goofy random changes in motivation for the cage match and the campiness of the angle in the last couple weeks, the Bray feud has been a lot of fun and I'm both interested in something Cena's doing for a change and happy with his position on the card. That's the happy medium to me, they just need to maintain it for a while.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Requested this in the Raw thread: In the Shield promo at the top of the show, there was one shot where Reigns first gets the mic, and Dean Ambrose is doing this weird rocking back and forth thing right behind him.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Holy crap I need to start watching Dragon Gate again. I used to be super into Toryumon but now I don't know where to watch it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
This 9-man tag from Toryumon in 2001 is seriously one of my favorite matches ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yd5lN5OcWM

Could anyone perhaps get me a gif of the dropkick on both Dragon Kid and Darkness Dragon at about 12:37?

edit: Thanks! :haw:

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 08:10 on May 16, 2014

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I think it would be more convincing if he lifted his opponent up like a chokeslam.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
BIG GUY
BEAT CHEST

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

Triple H is engaged in a long-game strategy to reform The Kings of Wrestling, teaming with Cesaro and replacing Hero with himself so he can be called The King of Kings of Wrestling.

And both will win KOTR tournaments to become The King of Kings of Kings of Wrestling.

HHH -> KKK
Iron cross logo
#askquestions :tinfoil:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Luke Harper's crazy stare during Bray's promo as his eyes slowly looked from one side to the other.

vvv:neckbeard:

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 11:53 on May 27, 2014

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
oh my god

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I would very much like a gif of Zayn's Blue Thunder Bomb from Takeover because goddamn.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Dean Ambrose's offense is basically a series of successfully connecting Flying Nothings. I don't know how I've never seen this before.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

God, Luke was such a prick. Still, I'm surprised he didn't get a legit shot after Andy didn't pan out.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The one who knows the least about wrestling and gets eliminated first is the only one who actually got a roster spot. It's like a microcosm of WWE talent relations. The worst part is there were some seriously talented and promising people in the cast, but like 3 of them got injured within a couple weeks.

Tough Enough was pretty awesome for the first 3 seasons though (season 4 wasn't a "season", just a bunch of Smackdown segments). I remember when they actually had rookie tryouts that narrowed down hundreds of entries and took the best ones, instead of season 5 which seemed to be a pre-chosen cast for dramatic purposes. It's too bad the last one was doomed from the start because they seemed to take it seriously for a few years at first.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 6, 2014

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

is the new

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
His boots were lubricated by the grease that Ambrose seems to drip everywhere he goes.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

The classic.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Did anyone catch the "MAGGLE" sign in the crowd? I know there were a few prominent shots of it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'd quite like a gif of the slow pan across the roster on the stage at the top of the show where you just see Adam Rose chilling in the back with huge sunglasses and a top hat.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Writer Cath posted:

Dean Ambrose habit of attempting to murder anyone who is, or looks like, Seth Rollins is hugely entertaining.

Dean Ambrose is hugely entertaining.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm wondering if someone with far more talent than I could possibly somehow integrate Rollins in this gif:

Into this gif:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

I wish somebody had filmed a dazed Vince McMahon walking out after Heidenreich: Frozen Nazi Superman was pitched to him, just so I could post it in response to these gifs :stonk:

I wonder if they'd add that he was also a 3rd generation wrestler so they could call him The Third Heidenreich.

On topic for the Gifs thread:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That really needs the "Do you like hurting other people?" caption.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Charles Robinson sprinting down the entire Wrestlemania 24 aisle to count the pin in the Taker/Edge match will always be my favorite run in wrestling.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Barrett wasn't going to win the briefcase. Especially not if they're actually building the IC title, because Briefcase = Jobberville until you cash in.

lol hey guys remember when we thought Sandow was going to be champion?

pressedbunny posted:

WWE2k14's glitches come to life.

This is even more indy.gif than the 4 simultaneous superkicks.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I felt like Zeb was in the way there, and Swagger doesn't know how to improvise so he just threw around him.

fire zeb :downs:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

WrasslorMonkey posted:

My favoritest thing in pro wrestling right now

It's really too bad this wasn't a phenomenon yet at Wrestlemania 30. A full stadium full of that during Mark Crozer's performance would've been amazing.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Two from the briefcase match:
1) Rollins clone 34897759 breaking his neck on the bouncing ladders. I assume they keep a spawning vat under the ring now.
2) Bray Wyatt nonchalantly spider-walking around the ring while Sheamus and Cesaro fought on top of the ladders.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I was kind of hoping for a crazy 3-way finish where one person got the WWE, one got the WHC, and one got the holder. All of them technically represent the title.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Kifisonfire posted:

Why would whoever got the holder win if there's no titles attached to it?

Unhooking it wins the title, and it represents the unification.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

Lady has issues and needs help, and I'd find that a far more interesting storyline to explore than more of the basic love triangle storyline.

But... Fandango loves triangles.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I kind of like that I have absolutely no context for that gif because I don't follow the real sportymans.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If Big Cass lost some weight he could probably pull it off.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Orton:

Jerusalem posted:

Thanks WM, always impressed to see you get this stuff done live :)

I'm catching up myself, are there any other gifs from this latest Raw (or Smackdown) that anybody wants?

The guy during Flair's entrance who was bowing down to Flair and then casually stopped and got bored suddenly.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Booblord Zagats posted:

Best Suplex spot ever

It seriously took me about half a minute to figure out how many people that is.

[edit]:stare:

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jul 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Core-strength Kingston