Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

forkboy84 posted:

I watched most of NOAH's The Best show earlier and here are some gifs of some fun spots

This isn't fun at all! :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hell yes Danielson, work it!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I like to think that wasn't a planned spot, he just saw an opportunity and took it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gifs make the poor visual quality of late 2000s ROH standout, but it tended to not be as noticeable when you had to listen to the terrible quality of their sound as well.

ROH had some absolutely spectacular wrestling and characters/personalities but goddamn their technical stuff was a disaster and the constant collapse of their iPPV streams were what basically lead to me stopping watching them, when I used to try and watch everything :sigh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I looked on cagematch and all I could find involving Kikutaro and Suzuki were a series of battle royals and the odd tag-team or six man tag. Putting Manami Toyota in brought up a 77 person Battle Royal from 2013 but Kikutaro wasn't involved in that. :shrug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

drat, no wonder Kanemaru drinks so much now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's been awhile since I did this, but I loved the Boneyard match so much, if anybody wants any specific gifs from Wrestlemania please let me know and I'll make some!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wrestlemania 36 Night 1 Gifs, as requested - click thumbnails to view:

Bad show, GREAT main event.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Same deal, if you want gifs from Night 2 of Wrestlemania, post what you want.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wrestlemania 36 Night 2 Gifs - Click to view:

Also including this gif as potential use in a lawsuit against WWE for not observing social distancing and gathering limitation guidelines :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wrestlemania 36 Night 2 Gifs: The Firefly Funhouse match - Click to view:

:same: Abby.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's come up with a couple of people before, some people's browsers have a setting that prevents the files from clicking through to the gif behind for some reason. I can't remember the fix, I remember it was actually very straightforward, anybody remember what it was? It comes up so infrequently I didn't save the workaround.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Accidentally stumbled across this clip where Mox almost deathmatches a dude on the street for being an rear end in a top hat to his wife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN2sLT9-DyE

That's awesome, I forgot he was on Total Divas (it was Total Divas, right?)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bayley is so loving good.

jesus WEP posted:

kawada sauntering into the ring and kicking RVD really hard in the head is forever my favourite gif

Any excuse to post I'll take :discourse:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

remusclaw posted:

Did Wrestlegiffing die? I hope not, this thread is good when it doesnt black screen my pc, and it hasnt for years.

I simply ran out of the free time I used to have to make gifs, and twitter also took off with a variety of people posting (incredibly long) gifs almost the moment they happened on television, which kind of made it feel like I was being redundant getting stuff out 5-6 hours after the fact.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

loving hell, I was expecting there to be like 5-6 guys on the other side waiting to catch him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I was gonna say it was just a side suplex and then :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I didn't enjoy that at all! :aaa:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh hey did somebody say giant angry baby Morishima? :hellyeah:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh hey it's that beatdown scene with Robert DeNiro from The Irishman.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Can see why he enjoys his semi-retirement for WWE now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Scott just kind of nodding along like,"Yep, this seems reasonable" is a wonderful little touch.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Speaking of Thesz, here's him at 74 in his last match, against Masa Chono.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5g5nt

drat, I mean they're taking it really careful as they should but Thesz still looks super impressive given his age.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There's another gif thread now, though the OP is crammed full of like 4000 gifs so I never open it. Should I close this one since it's like 7 years old now, has 200+ pages and the links in the OP are woefully out of date?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kennel posted:

Close both threads for sharing copyrighted material.

karmic is prohibited from telling anyone, but as a former mod I can now reveal that 75% of a day is spent physically fighting off Jerry McDevitt trying to reach the Close Thread button.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

It's incredible to see that Kobashi is still able to walk around and live a normal life after the bumps he took over his career, especially when the the person giving the bump is a stark reminder on how badly wrestling can grind down a body

Cancer saw this live and thought,"Well that guy is surely weakened enough I can move right in and he can't do poo poo about it :getin:" .... cancer was wrong :smug:

This was so loving cool, big boy jobber getting some moves in.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dacap posted:

Love opening up Twitter and seeing gifs of Joshi doing moves I never even thought of before

https://twitter.com/kvr216/status/1367019193795764227?s=21

A cartwheel powerbomb? Owns.

What the gently caress?

Penguin Patrol posted:

ChocoPro deserves more gifs

WHAT THE gently caress!?!

WHAT THE gently caress!?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That moment it takes Stan to register what happened somehow makes it even more loving amazing :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also knowing that Stan was basically blind, so he probably had no idea who he was going after but there's a mass of people running from him and by God he's gonna hit one of them! :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

they’d have to replace him with a much worse Top Jobber
Peter Avalon: Words can... hurt? :negative:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HulkaMatt posted:

the waffleimages restoration has made the original gif thread not a complete wasteland anymore. congrats to Jerusalem. Also, the entire LP forum.

Yeah was just checking this out, the thread before this one is still largely devoid of working links since tinypic was the replacement of choice for awhile after Waffleimages went down, but the thread before that started with random-m as the imagehost then made the jump to waffleimages, and a ton of that stuff is back now. :woop: for Project Waffle!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sure that looks impressive but how long a career do you think a guy can have who bases his in-ring stuff on his incredible strength?

No no, it's the masters of match psychology like Nigel McGuinness who are the guys who will have the long active careers as wrestlers :smug:

:smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I remember Steen successfully running an angle where his knee was completely hosed and he was going to have to retire... in like 2009 :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Itoh's "nailed it! :haw:" face afterwards :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Haven't felt the need to make a "gif" for a long time, but after tonight's AEW Dynamite I want to be sure as many people see this as possible...

https://i.imgur.com/CJbKoR0.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

For those unaware, Imgur has apparently decided that imageshack and waffleimages is the business model to follow and are deleting a bunch of "inactive" images in mid-May. If you've posted stuff in threads like this without an Imgur account in the past, there's a good chance it'll get deleted in less than a month.

There's a thread about it in the Tech Forum at the moment to discuss it and how it is going to affect A LOT of SomethingAwful's subforums.