Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Will Ospreay has such a disregard for his own body it's amazing he isn't in traction sometimes. Like, that's not even the dumbest bump he takes in the match!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

gonna guess this is where Kota concussed himself

THAT ISN'T CAPTAIN NEW JAPAN :aaa:

The Cameo fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 12, 2018

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

he won't stop coming :gonk:

I think I'm gonna stop before I gif the whole match

The Cameo fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Aug 13, 2018

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

The Cameo fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 14, 2018

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

“Hey brother, you’ve worked Japan, right?”

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Evanauto posted:

Why in God's name didn't he pull any of this actual wrestling ability out here in the states? What makes the Japanese crowds more enzuigiri worthy than the U.S.?

1) his trainer was a Japanese wrestler (Hiro Matsuda) who basically instilled with him the following fact; 2) that most of the guys he worked with in Japan would beat the ever living poo poo out of him if he dragged his rear end.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

Kofi: "Now repeat after me "I'm going to catch you"
Miz: "You're going to catch me"

“Now when I stomp on John’s foot, you get into position to catch me.”
“Got it.”
*Kofi stomps on John’s foot* “Now, are you ready to catch me?”
*Miz whispers to nothing but air* “I think he’s talking to you.”

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Nakanishi was good before he was the thwomp boss from Mario 64, yeah

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

That was sort of Tenryu’s thing, yeah. He was a sumo from ages 13 to 26, then Baba grabbed him, sent him to Amarillo to be trained by the Funks, and just had him whallop dudes because he pretty consistently had like forty to fifty pounds on everyone and is barely shorter than Okada (6’1” to Okada’s 6’3”). Think of him as Takayama like fifteen years before Takayama started.

poo poo, just looking at that gif he still throws punches like a Funk.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

But let’s just disavow a lot of the text in that thread. I dug up my posts and :goofy: at the poo poo I posted, god drat, and I managed to not throw around homophobic slurs!

What a different culture SA was… fourteen years ago.

Weirdly J-Ru’s posting is… maybe even more dad jokes then than now

And also

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Oh I passed over a lot of Nigel gifs, most of which were of things that shortened the hell out of his career

Meanwhile the guy who did this is still going

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Almost like he was some human machine of them

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Yeah, that Bret/Tiger Mask I match is as good as the Bret/Tiger Mask II is disappointing given the competitors (although it’s arguable Sayama was far more comfortable with the mask and acrobatics than Misawa was, who felt encumbered by it). It’s not as good as, say, the Tiger/Dynamite series, but it’s definitely very, very good and a nice glimpse of “what if Bret became more of an 80s New Japan mainstay instead of Owen becoming one”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

A young Dwayne Johnson felt his life change that day; his destiny was set in stone. To hit even .75 Slaughter Bump would immortalize him beyond the wildest dreams of history’s greatest gladiators.

If he could hit 1.00 Slaughter Bump, he would dethrone god himself.