Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Yellow Jackson posted:

James pointed this out to him, saying it was a really weird situation, but Mike said that A, both he and Jen (his girlfriend) are comfortable enough around us that it's not a big deal, and B, he'll be keeping the door locked whenever he's away, and since he's got the key it's a non-issue anyway.

Yeah by the by I'll be keeping my gently caress palace under lock and key this weekend while me and jen get it on. don't worry about any muffled sobs you might hear she gets a little weepy when vivaldi plays ha ha ha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Yellow Jackson posted:

I've read Geralds game, but at 19 and 28 it's not like either Jen or Mike is exactly at risk of a heart attack. I'm much more concerned about a fire scenario or something.

Your roommate is 28 and his girlfriend is 19? God this just sounds worse and worse.

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Your roommate is 28 and his girlfriend is 19? God this just sounds worse and worse.

Wangsbig posted:

Yeah by the by I'll be keeping my gently caress palace under lock and key this weekend while me and jen get it on. don't worry about any muffled sobs you might hear she gets a little weepy when vivaldi plays ha ha ha

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
that's loving stupid. expect more loving stupid stuff from him in the future

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi
Jesus christ tell them to get a loving hotel room

Anoulie
Oct 8, 2013
He's a jerk for a) endangering his girlfriend, b) putting this unwanted responsibility on you guys. What if she has a seizure, chokes on her own saliva and dies? What if he gets run over by a car while he's out? Don't let him leave the house/leave her unsupervised (especially with loud music playing) while she's restrained.

How about you and [other not-crazy roommate] just leave the house for a weekend and tell [crazy roommate] about it? Then whatever happens is his thing to deal with. Kinda sucks that you'd "give in" so to say, but in my country we have this saying that the smarter person gives in. Good luck.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
Have you seen Spun, op?

Poison Cake
Feb 15, 2012
There's been at least one case of a confined person suffocating, so that's another concern. Absolutely insist he has to be present at all times or they can do this somewhere else.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Anoulie posted:

He's a jerk for a) endangering his girlfriend, b) putting this unwanted responsibility on you guys. What if she has a seizure, chokes on her own saliva and dies? What if he gets run over by a car while he's out? Don't let him leave the house/leave her unsupervised (especially with loud music playing) while she's restrained.

Exactly this.

Roommate and girlfriend are planning something dumb. But, they're grownups. So, if they wanted to rent a hotel room and do something dumb, it's not the OPs place to stage an intervention.

But now they're planning something dumb for which the OP will be directly liable. That's really not ok.

-----
OP: Take your roommate aside. Tell him he's being a stupid rear end in a top hat.

Then, I think you've got two decent compromises. First, they could do this when you're not around. Then, if something goes wrong, you don't need to explain to a cop why you ignored a screaming woman for 2 days. (Note: This is still a bad decision, but it becomes their bad decision)

Second, you could tell him to just go to the grocery store in advance, and gently caress him if he gets a late-night Denny's craving. Then he can say that he's leaving the house. But he'd actually be within line-of-sight at all times.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
That's pretty dumb and dangerous, I would definitely set some rules like giving you guys a spare key to the hand-cuffs and leaving the door unlocked. Also, I'm a pretty chill housemate but I would draw the line at someone playing loud Beethoven for hours on end, let alone locking up a girl with no way for her to get out if something happens.

WWZD
Nov 17, 2010

it all makes sense now
If I were her mother and something went wrong, I would find the biggest team of the hungriest, fresh-off-the bar, law-school-debt-ridden attorneys I could and hound OP & both roommates until they were homeless and died on the street of pneumonia.

It's a bad idea because it is obviously a bad idea. Tell roommate to :frogout:.

For an incomplete list of things that could go wrong, visit any emergency room and ask a doctor for their experience with the BDSM sexcapades of neo doms.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"
Maybe he has a fetish for putting his roommates in ethically compromising situations.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
You and Jim are gettin an invite to... something

What if it's not even really a girl in there. Let us know OP, and any pics you can take will help. God bless.

Poison Cake
Feb 15, 2012

InvisibleMonkey posted:

Also, I'm a pretty chill housemate but I would draw the line at someone playing loud Beethoven for hours on end, let alone locking up a girl with no way for her to get out if something happens.

You know, if this is something they do all the time, why don't they have headphones for the purpose? Granted, it could be personal preference, but playing loud music seems like it's better suited for muffling her screams instead of providing her with sensory deprivation.

Also, I have seriously kinky friends and not one of them would involve a roommate like this. I really do agree with the people who think he's working some angle there.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Yellow Jackson posted:

I've read Geralds game, but at 19 and 28 it's not like either Jen or Mike is exactly at risk of a heart attack. I'm much more concerned about a fire scenario or something.

Then you're forgetting he cracked his head on the nightstand or some poo poo pre-heart attack. ANYTHINGS POSSIBLE

Icehawk_OS
Aug 3, 2009
Tell your roommate to take his retarded kink somewhere else. For one, I ain't putting up with Mozart on repeat so the door WILL get busted down and your stereo smashed... it's up to you homey.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

What kind of terrible dom doesn't have a pair of Beats by Dre for his sensdep play? They're called Beats for a reason.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
love you so much babe wanna do freaky poo poo to ya *leaves for 5 hours*

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

You know, this could easily be a Big Bang Theory episode.

OP GIVE ME YOUR LIFE RIGHTS

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Yellow Jackson posted:

The BDSM scene is full of so many pervy old men hunting for young girls with low self-esteem that this isn't really even that unusual, I'd only rate your roommate a 4/10 on the Sexual Leech scale. Still a terrible person though!

Mill Town
Apr 17, 2006

InvisibleMonkey posted:

That's pretty dumb and dangerous, I would definitely set some rules like giving you guys a spare key to the hand-cuffs and leaving the door unlocked. Also, I'm a pretty chill housemate but I would draw the line at someone playing loud Beethoven for hours on end, let alone locking up a girl with no way for her to get out if something happens.

In my opinion that's not good enough. Lots of things could disable her so that she couldn't cry out for help. What if she chokes on her own spit or vomit? What if she suffers from deep vein thrombosis? That's a very real risk when you leave someone confined in the same position for more than a few hours, let alone a few days.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/deep-vein-thrombosis/Pages/Causes.aspx

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Your roommate is 28 with a 19 year old girlfriend that he likes to lock to a bed for 48+ consecutive hours as a sex thing.

There's no way this is the only remarkable feature of this guy's life. Tell us more about him.

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?

RadioPassive posted:

Your roommate is 28 with a 19 year old girlfriend that he likes to lock to a bed for 48+ consecutive hours as a sex thing.

There's no way this is the only remarkable feature of this guy's life. Tell us more about him.

This is a good post.

Also, OP, have a loving spine. I like Beethoven, but I would not allow my roomates to play one symphony on repeat, loudly, for hours, even on its own. That he is locking up some girl and leaving her helpless for hours at your apartment is stupid, dangerous, and as others have mentioned could leave you liable if something happens to her. Don't allow him to do that. Tell him to get her some headphones for her music torture and require him to be present when she's locked up. Unless you have to stomach to deal with holding a spare key and unlocking his unfortunate looking naked girlfriend from the bed. But really just tell him he can't do that if he isn't there for safety reasons and don't let him talk you down. Don't be a punk, OP.

Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp

RadioPassive posted:

There's no deep dark secret or anything (as far as I know) but I'm pretty sure the bondage thing has been sort of a therapy experience for him. He's said he had an incident when he was a child where he got locked in the trunk of a car (I don't know the specific details) and he very obviously hates feeling like he's not in control, and he still hasn't got his license.

Froshaka
Jan 18, 2007
Better Me Than You

beefart posted:

OP maybe you should get over your puritanical sex hangups and start sex-dungeoning yourself. It's all the rage.

E: In all seriousness, talk to your roommate and make sure she has access to a key just in case. If there's an emergency and she gets hurt/maimed/killed/whatever as a result of not being able to evacuate, that opens Mike up to serious legal liability, and you and James may be on the hook as well for false imprisonment and/or negligence.

This.

Its not bad rear end or kinky to leave someone in a state like that. LE is not going to take stories of kink and handcuffs too seriously if they find a corpse handcuffed to a bed...and if you were aware, you could be held responsible.

Tell your roommate that they cant practice any sexual or BDSM acts that indirectly require complicity from the non-involved roommates. maybe they should put some of that energy into finding their own place.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011
OP don't get involved in your roommates sex life. What they're doing is disgustingly unsafe and they're trying to involve you in their gross pseudo bondage.

That's not how you do bondage properly either holy poo poo. Have you thought about it? He is going to leave her prone with no way to call for help or be released until he decides to. Bondage is about the person being tied up being safe and able to trust the person tying them up - how can she trust him if he fucks off for a whole afternoon? What if she starts choking on her own spit, or hyperventilating from anxiety or a panic attack and passes out? What if she starts screaming for help and the dumbass roommate has locked the door, so there's no way anyone can check if she's alright without getting the police to bust it down?

This is so hosed up on every level. Your roommate doesn't even know what he's doing. If your roommate does want to do this poo poo then tell him the second he leaves the house you'll call the cops on him for kidnapping or endangering her loving life. If he wants to play Dom then he can sit his rear end down and take care of her.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I've read this story before.

He wants you to sneak in and gently caress his gf. Search asstr for more info

wildlifeatlas
Jun 25, 2010

Yellow Jackson posted:

There's no deep dark secret or anything (as far as I know) but I'm pretty sure the bondage thing has been sort of a therapy experience for him. He's said he had an incident when he was a child where he got locked in the trunk of a car (I don't know the specific details) and he very obviously hates feeling like he's not in control, and he still hasn't got his license.

THIS IS HORRIBLE HE IS HORRIBLE AND IRRESPONSIBLE holy crap, this a red flag. The place for this sort of issue is a therapist's office and not by doing an INCREDIBLY STUPID thing to both his girlfriend and his room mates. For god's sake, put your foot down and don't allow any of this to happen in your shared living conditions! Not only is the act itself inherently dangerous (other goons have pointed out all the ways this could go spectacularly wrong) but he shouldn't be using this for any sort of substitute for real phobia (or whatever) therapy. If he is truly trying to be a Dom, he's doing it wrong. Very wrong. There's a reason you aren't supposed to bring any sort of baggage like that into kink-play; he isn't taking any of the proper safely precautions that an actual Dom/Sub relationship would be using as a matter of course.

Don't let this happen op, it just isn't worth it if something goes down.

Edit: Yes, what Horrible Smutbeast is saying. Ye gods alive in Christ, this is a bad idea and not how bondage is supposed to work.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

If she could escape at any time because someone else has the key then what's even the point op?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Free the Slave as soon as he leaves and, if you have to defend yourself, just claim Frederick Douglass-play. It'll probably alienate and confuse him, leaving things strictly non-sexual business between you two. Then he can give his girlfriend a pulmonary embolism in a hotel room like a normal person.

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

What if she starts screaming for help and the dumbass roommate has locked the door, so there's no way anyone can check if she's alright without getting the police to bust it down?

Kicking a door down isn't too hard. Do a front kick, but landing with your heel, near the door knob and repeat until success. Depending on your size and the door, this could one or twenty kicks.

(You got that, OP?)

4th Asclepiadean
Feb 18, 2012

Yellow Jackson posted:

Never stop posting.
Each time you post something about this guy, it just gets better and better.

(Echoing the fact that she's gonna poo poo the bed to Beethoven)

Ern Malley
Nov 11, 2005

:d: :d: :d:

Yellow Jackson posted:

Handcuffing someone to a bed (especially for 2+ days) isn't therapy.

Please tell us more about your housemate. How much past experience do they have with this? Why does he think this is a good idea that'll be, uh, therapeutic? Is he as dumpy as she is? What are they going to do about breaks for human necessities like food, etc?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
He is a bad dom and a bad roommate.

Tell him to get a hotel room or something for his nonsense because you don't want to be liable, or for that matter to hear hours of Beethoven.

At the very least, make him stay in the house while she's there. It's grossly unfair to put your roommates in the position of being responsible for the safety of a chained person behind a locked door.

AlbieQuirky fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 13, 2014

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
Your roommate is a well guy. Share more stories

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

Yellow Jackson posted:

nope nothing sending up red flags here

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Toriori posted:

Then you're forgetting he cracked his head on the nightstand or some poo poo pre-heart attack. ANYTHINGS POSSIBLE
I think she kicks him in the dick (because she suddenly wants out of it and he doesn't listen, because they didn't agree on a safeword, because they're dumbass BDSM newbs) and ends up wondering if she caused the heart attack for a good deal of the book. OP make sure the girlfriend isn't liable to kick your roommate in the dick. At least not more so than you should be.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Doesn't this story end up with her being encased in a concrete box? That's what this reminds me of.

Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp

Ern Malley posted:

Handcuffing someone to a bed (especially for 2+ days) isn't therapy.

Please tell us more about your housemate. How much past experience do they have with this? Why does he think this is a good idea that'll be, uh, therapeutic? Is he as dumpy as she is? What are they going to do about breaks for human necessities like food, etc?

They've done some stuff before but it's not like he tells us much about it. I know she keeps a dog cage at her place that she gets in when he comes over there. As for Mike himself, he's not dumpy or anything, but he's got a (mild) stutter which he's kinda upset about. I didn't ask about the food/toilet break logistics.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Let's assume he does what he has laid out: she's chained up for 48 hours, on the bed, not let out at all, and he is away with the door locked for lets say half that time, and he has the only key to the restraints and to the door. There is loud music playing on repeat.

Here are some things that could go wrong:

Physical:

She could have a seizure, or just choke on her own saliva or vomit. Without the ability to turn over/change position at will, things that would normally be small and easy to deal with become amplified and dangerous.

She could develop deep vein thrombosis from being in one position for too long and get a blood clot, causing a stroke or heart attack.

There could be a fire, a gas leak, or other structure related emergency from which you would be unable to save her.

She could poo poo herself. She's totally going to poo poo the bed in your house OP.

She could have a panic attack and injure herself trying to escape

If he doesn't know how to look after her or leaves her for too long, she could have issues relating to dehydration and hyper/hypothermia

He could be unavoidably detained and you wouldn't be able to free her

Non Physical:

Without the Dom present to hear and abide by a safe word, she could have a really horrible traumatizing time, without the ability of other members of the household to help her out. Even if they've done this before, people can have unexpected emotional reactions to things for any number of reasons

Not just her, but you guys are having a hell of a responsibility and unwanted knowledge dumped on you, and possibly even legal liability if something does go wrong.

Quite apart from anything else she's extremely young, he's not, and he's trying to work out some apparently pretty serious control issues through extreme kinky behaviour rather than loving therapy. It's not healthy and one of them is likely to get hurt in some way.

VETO THIS poo poo OP IT IS NOT SAFE AND IT IS NOT OK. Tell him he cannot do it in your shared home, and that he really shouldn't do it at all. If he protests, tell him that the second he leaves the house, or even leaves the ROOM for more than a snack or a toilet break, you are going to crowbar the door open and remove her restraints with a bolt cutter, then bill him for the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Yellow Jackson posted:

I know she keeps a dog cage at her place that she gets in when he comes over there. As for Mike himself, he's not dumpy or anything, but he's got a (mild) stutter which he's kinda upset about. I didn't ask about the food/toilet break logistics.

Oh. This changes everything. In that case there's no risk of fire or illness caused by being restrained prone for hours without a chance of release.

I mean, she has a dog cage at her house. That's totally the same thing as being chained to his bed, being sensory deprived, for hours while no-one else is present.

• Locked thread