Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

You don't and it's rather easy to test in game. Try both ways and it's clear that not holding both directions is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
I had the worst game of DOTA2 last night wow

Cowabanga posted:

I'm a bit confused on sidestep shooting. As far as I know you press the opposite movement key to quickly get your accuracy up. Do you do that by holding the opposite key with the current key to stop or do you just take your finger off your movement key and quickly tap the opposite key?

You just let up on the direction you're moving and tap the other direction, that's it.

e- does anyone want to bootcamp with me for EMS Katowice. McVeys bringing the chips

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jan 14, 2014

clay_
Apr 2, 2013
Hello from Page Two of the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive megathread. Welcome back, everybody.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

kcer posted:

I'm not sure you immediately remove the gradual slowdown if you hold both keys.

Right. I just tested it and tapping the opposite key instead of holding it seems like the way to go.

Here's a great video I found on it too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNKPhq-1U6g

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

mcvey posted:

How, how do people play like that? :psyduck:

The first kill this video is one of the most :drat: kills I've gotten since being born and it's because med/high sens allows for really fun shots and super aggressive play. I like that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCamD7kJ_G0

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Apogee15 posted:

I think the mac10 can be pretty good, once you get the hang of the spray. The mp7 is definitely better, but it's also a lot more expensive.

If I feel like I am put in situations where I can spray, I go with the mac10. If I need to get those instant smg headshots, or to hit people peeking over boxes, then I go for the mp7.

I never buy the mp9 though. I'd rather get the ump than the mp9.

Mac 10 is decent, at $1050 it's probably one of the smarter buys considering you'll only be using it for 2 rounds, otherwise I usually use the Bizon (and rarely the UMP). $1700 is kind of a high price considering what it is, plus the MP7 is ugly... I want the MP5 back :(

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Goonmans are fun again yayyyy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq5a80JTSKU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

I specced this as it happened and it was beautiful

clay_
Apr 2, 2013

Dvsilverwing posted:

Mac 10 is decent, at $1050 it's probably one of the smarter buys considering you'll only be using it for 2 rounds, otherwise I usually use the Bizon (and rarely the UMP). $1700 is kind of a high price considering what it is, plus the MP7 is ugly... I want the MP5 back :(

Best aspect of MM: Rush out long and get a quick glock pick, run back to T spawn and buy a Mac-10.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

The first kill this video is one of the most :drat: kills I've gotten since being born and it's because med/high sens allows for really fun shots and super aggressive play. I like that

Yeah but med/high sensitivity to you and I is a 360 of like 10", not 2".

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
2 inches is literally the width of my mouse so yeah holy poo poo :psyduck:

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

mcvey posted:

Yeah but med/high sensitivity to you and I is a 360 of like 10", not 2".

I would hardly call 10"/360 high sensitivity. That's what I've always played at. I used to see the rare person at supreme master with a stupidly high sens like 2"/360 and I'm not sure how they even got there in the first place. When just walking in a straight line causes your screen to jitter you have a problem.

e: I surf at 6.5/360 and couldn't imagine playing normal CS at that sens.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Waltchelg posted:

I would hardly call 10"/360 high sensitivity.

It's a high sensitivity. 2" is stupid, 10" is high.

I mean it obviously works for you but it's still high.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jan 14, 2014

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

mcvey posted:

It's a high sensitivity. 2" is stupid, 10" is high.

I mean it obviously works for you but it's still high.

I'll have to check when I get home, but I don't think I can even do a 180 on my >12" mousepad with my sensitivity.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I found some settings in my mouse's propriety software that was slowing stuff down. So it was more like 7 inches for a 360 :ms:

I used to play with a much higher sens and mouse accel, so I could turn on a dime p much.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

I was absolutely dying from laughter as I watched my teammates get slaughtered in such a hilarious CPL-style beat down.

Seriously though, if Prostidude, Fat Lou, and myself end up being on a team together, there is an 85% probability that we will lose, but I can guarantee that we are having the most fun in a Goonman.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Before I met you guys, I played on 1.1"/360°.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Necc0 posted:

I specced this as it happened and it was beautiful

That was the first goonman I've ever specced.

Sick, Slime.

Ironsights posted:

Chiming in to say GoonPugs are a cool thing and helped me to learn alot about this game.

Played my first with y'all and I definitely need to un-learn some bad habits.

Fun poo poo though.

Shade2142
Oct 10, 2012

Rollin'
I changed the mouse settings in control panel and :drat: what a difference. It felt very awkward moving my mouse around for the first 10 minutes.

Also changed my cross-hair from default to a dot which I've gotten used to after a couple matches. Just got better at headshots :D.

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

yo xen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWw3CyUzX0U

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

a slime posted:

Goonmans are fun again yayyy

:lol: I was wondering how the hell you managed to do that.

Turk February posted:

Seriously though, if Prostidude, Fat Lou, and myself end up being on a team together, there is an 85% probability that we will lose, but I can guarantee that we are having the most fun in a Goonman.

"Everyone buy dualies! Now everyone use sawed offs! Now all TEC's! Scouts! SHOTGUNS!"

Team Pro Strats :getin:

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
I loving love playing with prost and I wish the opportunity would come up more often

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

What the gently caress

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

How the hell does this happen? "Hey guys let's just not check Goose it'll end great."

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I think I'm gonna start using the deagle again just to see how it plays out. It feels like the aim is a little bit tighter now, just enough to make it somewhat viable if you can be patient with it.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Necc0 posted:

I think I'm gonna start using the deagle again just to see how it plays out. It feels like the aim is a little bit tighter now, just enough to make it somewhat viable if you can be patient with it.

I personally wouldn't bother because the deagle is useless on mid-long ranges because of the ridiculously bad accuracy. You can't even predict where your shots are going at all.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Cowabanga posted:

I personally wouldn't bother because the deagle is useless on mid-long ranges because of the ridiculously bad accuracy. You can't even predict where your shots are going at all.

At those ranges you can probably go for 2-3 body shots instead of a headshot. If you get a decent position on someone, you can probably plug 2 rounds into them pretty quickly if you're careful, and that's like 90 damage right there.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Should I always be buying armor, even on eco rounds? The aimpunch seems pretty severe without it.

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

Foehammer posted:

Should I always be buying armor, even on eco rounds? The aimpunch seems pretty severe without it.

Don't buy armour on eco rounds.

Burgo fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 14, 2014

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

I buy armor on T pistol rounds and it works well for me. I'm terrible at this game though.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Foehammer posted:

If you have more money than your teammates and you're able to gauge how much cash you'll have left the next round to be able to do a half buy, then sure, buy armor on an eco. If you're smart you could probably even buy a Nova or Mag-7. Again, depending on how much crash you have and if you're confident you'd be able to get a kill or two with a Nova/Mag-7.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Hey guys. This game is fun and I look forward to dragging my team down for a while. I'm Dr Horse Fucker PhD on steam and I'm sorry to who ever I pissed off the other day. This game is fun, even when goons are gettin mad. :madmax:

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
If you aren't getting incredibly frustrated and mad while playing CS you are doing something wrong. Or you are slumpy.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

It's mostly a cycle of anger and depression. With a few bouts of happiness in between when you happen to pull a game with 30 kills.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Every once in awhile I'll have a streak of wins and my teammates will be competent and there won't be any rage.

But odds are if you're playing CS or DOTA (really any competitive game) there's gonna be hardcore rage.

I know I've been raging at the pubbies I get MM'd up with.

Diplomat posted:

I buy armor on T pistol rounds and it works well for me. I'm terrible at this game though.

Pistol isn't eco. Buy armor on pistol. Don't buy armor on eco.

I'm terrible too but I'm learning.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Right.

On an Eco round at most you should buy a p250/fives seven and maybe a nade or two if you have a good amount of money(say if i have 3100 to start, ill go p250 smoke flash).

Just wait to buy till you see your team getting stuff.

You can worry about buying shottys and other weird Eco things when you know the game a little better, you will know when you can/cannot deviate.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

NEW THREAD NEW VIDEO. This video should be known as the feel good collection.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWEx2WKuDQk

I did not see that Slime made one for himself and I have that clutch in this one.

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 15, 2014

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

:pcgaming:
Grips the movie. also I seem to be getting shat on every other clip in this video, nice.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Fat Lou posted:

I did not see that Slime made one for himself and I have that clutch in this one.

Hahahaha, "better off alone", that's perfect. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Fat Lou posted:

Some good times counterstrike right there

• Locked thread