Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Dying at 3 of them doing the "spike talons" gimmick. Would be amazing if Tyler chokes here and gets sent home when Niko's been on the bottom practically every loving episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Wait...was that Turk in the preview for JHCSC?

Edit: Hmmm...the second visit to Tyler was interesting

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Feelin hyped for a Rashaad threepeat.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Niko doesn't have the right mindset for this. When you're making a werewolf and the ear is hosed up you just make it battle damage, duh.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
I didn't think they liked Niko's paint job last week...or as that the only thing they liked? Look at him's widdle bow-tie :3:

Lol. Niko's looks like a were-chihauhau!

Bored fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 16, 2014

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Oh my god what is wrong with Niko's werewolf's face.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Niko made a chupacabra.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Niko's is some sort of werewolf fish.

Fossilized Rappy
Dec 26, 2012

Coconut Indian posted:

Niko made a chupacabra.
That's what I was thinking. He made a far better chupa than Cat and Daran's ChupAbomination from episode 6.

Of course, I'm not sure how well that's gonna fly in the werewolf competition... :v:

Arvannies
Apr 13, 2005
Niko's looks like Sloth from the Goonies got bit...
It's :downs: wolf.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
George's doesn't look bad, but I don't get "wolf" from it. It looks like Vinz Clortho fan art/LARPing.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I really couldn't disagree with the judges more on this one.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Honestly, I kinda like Niko's idea, it just looks terrible. Shooting spines out at surrounding vampires sounds like a pretty good attack. That's kind of awesome that George managed to fix the lips to the point that the judges were impressed with how he applied that mouth.

Bored fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 16, 2014

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I love Rashaad, but all I can see is Eddie Murphy's Delirious outfit.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Coconut Indian posted:

I love Rashaad, but all I can see is Eddie Murphy's Delirious outfit.

Lol. I just thought of an old asian guy in a track suit. And I could have sworn that was one of James Hong's costumes in something, but I don't seem to be able to find it.

Edit: Whoever asked if that was Turk, yes it is.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Oh god I hope Rashaad gets to the finale...

yeeessss

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Oh gently caress. I forgot that they can't have a finale without a really terrible dance number.

Cristatus
Apr 23, 2010

Bored posted:

Oh gently caress. I forgot that they can't have a finale without a really terrible dance number.

Hey, remember back in season 1, when they just had to make two characters that stood in front of a backdrop? Remember how great that was, because the artists could do whatever without having to worry if the make-up would fall off during the dubstep dance? I miss that.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Cristatus posted:

Hey, remember back in season 1, when they just had to make two characters that stood in front of a backdrop? Remember how great that was, because the artists could do whatever without having to worry if the make-up would fall off during the dubstep dance? I miss that.

I actually like watching dance routines, but theirs suck. Crappy music that they may or may not actually be dancing to, since I don't know if they dance to the royalty free music or if they dance to something pleasant to listen, and the dancers have to work around the make-up. See my bitch about dancers not being able to spot during last season's finale.

Like, I don't mind that the artists have to make sure their make-up holds up to a bunch of abuse. But they aren't dancers and it looked like they had to design without talking to the dancers/choreographer before in the previous seasons. It just seemed like a really bad set-up to create anything that didn't look stupid while dancing.

Edit: drat, Russ. Glad you're so concerned about everyone else loving up. You sure are a nice guy. :haw:
I hope that "concerned catiness" that I'm getting from that s just a product of editing.

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 16, 2014

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'm surprised about how so many are behind.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

No clue how many of you are watching on comcast/xfinity, but the xfinity voice commercials with the J.J. Abrams' Star Trek cast makes me sad.

Edit: Haha. Russ is willing to help other people but the dude with the awesome tree creature is all,"Not my problem."

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 16, 2014

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Yeah, she's screwed. No way an unfinished creature doesn't get her sent home

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Seems kinda stupid that they didn't cast more people who were experienced with mechanizing if they were gonna have individual challenges where its a requirement.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Honestly "creature" work has so many elements I'm not surprised that everyone has big holes.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

The big downside to Creature Shop is that every week someone nice is going home, at least once Russ finally washes out.

Captain Equinox
Sep 15, 2005

By day a mild-mannered college professor, by night Kiki, go-go dancer at the Pussycat Club. But twice a year, he's... CAPTAIN EQUINOX!

General Ironicus posted:

The big downside to Creature Shop is that every week someone nice is going home, at least once Russ finally washes out.

Like Bored said, I wonder how much of Russ' jerk-ness is creative editing.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Captain Equinox posted:

Whatever it is, he reminds me of a slightly (slightly) less insufferable Jerry from season 2 of face off.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Arvannies posted:

Niko's looks like Sloth from the Goonies got bit...
It's :downs: wolf.

All I could see was:

Captain Equinox posted:

I noticed that for all his whining and bitchiness he was also the only contestant we saw trying to help the others without being asked.

Wow, a lot of the contestants in JHCSC this week were really out of their depth. Why the gently caress do they even have contestants who don't know how to do mechanizations when that's going to be a huge part of most of the challenges? At least on Face Off if they don't know how to do one technique they can swap in another technique they're familiar with because they're pretty much just going for the look and nothing else, here they need to know all about sculpting and painting and then mechanization on top of that and now they also have to write skits for their characters.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Apr 16, 2014

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Its especially weird because they clearly didn't expect them to know how to mold anything, they brought in the mold team to do all that. So why not bring someone in to help them with the mechanization stuff? I'm sure if I was an expert molder I'd be pissed that I didn't get to use that to my advantage in this competition.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

The Face Off facebook page posted a portion of Niko's weredeerwolf the other day and I just knew that he was the one who made it. I can't stand his work OR his hair and I wish that he would just get sent home already.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

The Face Off facebook page posted a portion of Niko's weredeerwolf the other day and I just knew that he was the one who made it. I can't stand his work OR his hair and I wish that he would just get sent home already.

He was sent home. Your wish is granted.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

Seriously, look at this bullshit:

If I hadn't seen the show and I didn't know what the topic had been there's no way I would have identified that as a werewolf.

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

Cristatus posted:

The first season had a dance challenge.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Mons Hubris posted:

He was sent home. Your wish is granted.

You've no idea how my heart danced when I finally got around to watching the episode.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

I too am happy Geroge's health outlasted Niko's luck.

Johnny Longtorso
Nov 24, 2007
The Man Who Comes In Pieces!
I still can't comprehend how Niko managed to make it almost to the final three. The only explanation I can think of is the producers want a minority to win (which had me worried last week that they'd use some bullshit excuse to get rid of Tyler) so they were trying to get as many through to the end as possible. But I don't get the impression that Face Off has that level of producer interference.

I'm still not getting much out of Jim Henson. It seems like the process of creating not-muppets requires a much wider range of skills than doing makeup, so the contestants are generally not as strong as on Face Off. I'm not seeing a Roy or Laura or Anthony in any of the contestants. Most of the creatures on the last episode looked pretty rough/unfinished. Donald Faison really sold what could have been a lot of interminable "comedy", though, so at least there was that.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Johnny Longtorso posted:

I still can't comprehend how Niko managed to make it almost to the final three. The only explanation I can think of is the producers want a minority to win (which had me worried last week that they'd use some bullshit excuse to get rid of Tyler) so they were trying to get as many through to the end as possible. But I don't get the impression that Face Off has that level of producer interference.

I'm still not getting much out of Jim Henson. It seems like the process of creating not-muppets requires a much wider range of skills than doing makeup, so the contestants are generally not as strong as on Face Off. I'm not seeing a Roy or Laura or Anthony in any of the contestants. Most of the creatures on the last episode looked pretty rough/unfinished. Donald Faison really sold what could have been a lot of interminable "comedy", though, so at least there was that.

?

Aren't they all minorities?

Also, Tyler holds a patent on a band that wrap around your arms and hold your necessary work items. Somebody is getting sued.

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011

Johnny Longtorso posted:

But I don't get the impression that Face Off has that level of producer interference.

Ehh, after the season where Nicole was brought back after being eliminated to win the whole damng thing REALLY stunk of producer manipulation to me.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit

Speed Crazy posted:

Ehh, after the season where Nicole was brought back after being eliminated to win the whole damng thing REALLY stunk of producer manipulation to me.

Well, if Laura had won season 3 instead of Nicole we wouldn't have got more Laura in season 5. So, it worked out in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

Dr Zaius posted:

Well, if Laura had won season 3 instead of Nicole we wouldn't have got more Laura in season 5. So, it worked out in the end.

I wish the show was able to cast more pro's like Laura and fewer people like... everyone from the first half of this season who I have already totally forgotten. When their names come up in the intro I totally draw a blank. I feel like for whatever reason this season's cast just wasn't particularly talented, except for these last five or so people except Niko.

• Locked thread