Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
I got caught up on Creature Shop over the weekend. I LOVE seeing all this stuff being put together, especially since it means that the Creature Shop is obviously building hype for itself. (Allegedly there's a Farscape movie in the pipe, which would make me need new pants but I won't hold my breath.) My one complaint is the amount of editing and "Face / Heel" they're trying to put into it. I want to see amazingly talented people make creautres, not watch this dopey soap opera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm trying to think of something they could do to put a twist on a new season of Face Off along the lines of Rookie vs Vets from a season ago. I thought it might be neat to do a whole season comprised of the coolest challenges from all the previous seasons. It would be neat to get another artists take and compare them to what we got before. Maybe throw in a bonus of some sort if the judges think you did a better job than the winner of the original challenge or something.

One big reason this would probably never happen is because a handfull of the challenges each year are sponsored by upcoming movies and video games and stuff and you obviously wouldn't be able to do that with this sort of format.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Face Off Season 6 Episode 15 :siren:SEASON FINALE:siren: : "Heavenly Bodies"
Spotlight Challenge: The final three contestants will have to make two alien rivals that will perform a dance routine.

The final challenge is a big one so the final three contestants will no doubt get to direct a team made up of all the other contestants we've come to know and love this season, such as .... um, that guy and .... that other guy and .... that chick who did the thing .... um ...
But seriously, I'm looking forwards to seeing more of Graham. I'm also curious to see whether any of the final contestants will take a chance on Daran's undeniable skill or whether they'll stick with people who they rely on to be team players.

Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge Episode 5: "Life In Motion"
An appearance by Lady Gaga's unicorn inspires the creature designers to create a larger-than-life creation with realistic movement, performed on a black light stage.

They're back to teams of two this week so expect more arguing and changing plans and bitching about each other in the to-camera pieces! Seriously, I checked the sneak peek on the Syfy website and it was just one contestant bitching about her team mate. They really need to drop that poo poo.
Also I had no idea what Lady Gaga's unicorn was so I looked up a video and it looks like it's a rideable version of the War Horse puppet with a horn. Cool.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Timett posted:

I'm trying to think of something they could do to put a twist on a new season of Face Off along the lines of Rookie vs Vets from a season ago. I thought it might be neat to do a whole season comprised of the coolest challenges from all the previous seasons. It would be neat to get another artists take and compare them to what we got before. Maybe throw in a bonus of some sort if the judges think you did a better job than the winner of the original challenge or something.

One big reason this would probably never happen is because a handfull of the challenges each year are sponsored by upcoming movies and video games and stuff and you obviously wouldn't be able to do that with this sort of format.

I was thinking it would be cool if they partnered with some low-budget independent sci-fi or horror movie and did a season where the contestants work on-set with actual deadlines and the projects would have to actually be filmable. That would completely change almost everything about the format of the show as it is now though.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Basebf555 posted:

I was thinking it would be cool if they partnered with some low-budget independent sci-fi or horror movie and did a season where the contestants work on-set with actual deadlines and the projects would have to actually be filmable. That would completely change almost everything about the format of the show as it is now though.

That's pretty much what "Foxy & Co" was going for and it didn't really grab me. I guess it might have been more interesting if there were a few other teams trying to complete similar projects and at the end Glenn and Ve tore them all to shreds.

A few episodes where they had to incorporate actual effects (tearing apart to reveal a second costume underneath, bursting in a shower of blood, melting like the Wicked Witch, etc.) would be fun but we'd also get situations like the Jim Henson Creature Shop Challenge where some of the contestants had no loving clue how to achieve the effect.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That's pretty much what "Foxy & Co" was going for and it didn't really grab me. I guess it might have been more interesting if there were a few other teams trying to complete similar projects and at the end Glenn and Ve tore them all to shreds.

On the surface Foxy and Co. seemed like that, but it fell into the same trap as that body-painting show and every other Syfy reality show. Stupid nonsense conversations that are fake and sound very scripted, business meetings(again, scripted), and non-stop "reaction" footage of Foxy every time something happens. Just make some loving monsters already.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

Basebf555 posted:

On the surface Foxy and Co. seemed like that, but it fell into the same trap as that body-painting show and every other Syfy reality show. Stupid nonsense conversations that are fake and sound very scripted, business meetings(again, scripted), and non-stop "reaction" footage of Foxy every time something happens. Just make some loving monsters already.

Don't forget the ridiculous deadlines and "twists".

I was really looking forward to that show too, ended up fast forwarding through half of it just to see the finished products (which didn't blow me away)

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Finale time!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
D'awww. Tyler's family was holding their dog up to talk to him.

I was kind of leery of the challenge, but an alien west side story style-dance fight sounds pretty cool. Looks like Raashad went the fine artist route by grabbing Daren. It's pretty smart for George to crab Corinne. His paint jobs always look kind of lovely.

I also forgot that Corinne can actually work quickly when directed by competant people.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Graham looks apprehensive about that generic-rear end, concept.

Derringer
Mar 17, 2008

looks like it's blunders for everyone

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

"Like a lion nose?" "No. Maybe an alien version."
---
"Give it a lion muzzle." "Oh yeah, great idea!"

Fossilized Rappy
Dec 26, 2012
"It either works or it don't."

Thank you for those words of wisdom, Daran.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Fossilized Rappy posted:

"It either works or it don't."

Thank you for those words of wisdom, Daran.

When they aren't super stressed, Graham and Rashaad are totally going to make fun of him for that.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I really like George's but it seems comparatively bland. Also Rashaad's female makeup has almost too much light around the face making it hard to look at.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Season 4: Do a makeup for Cirque du Solei

Season 6: Do a makeup for a lovely rave

These dance performances are really just getting bad

Fossilized Rappy
Dec 26, 2012

Kloaked00 posted:

Glenn just being completely stone-faced through the whole thing made it worth it.

Honorific!
Jul 5, 2007

Well played, Goonsire!
The judges looked so pained during that dance performance.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

That is going to be the greatest Glen.gif

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Kloaked00 posted:

I could actually see it working out well...just, not this time. Why didn't they include black light paint? I couldn't see a loving thing during that routine.

magiccarpet posted:

That is going to be the greatest Glen.gif

gently caress yes! That was hilarious. He looked like he was thinking,"I'm in hell."

Edit: "That form on the chest, I've never seen anything like it. It doesn't even look like a vagina..."

Bored fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 23, 2014

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Yeah, I think Tyler has this

Edit: Welp, my second choice!

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 23, 2014

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

YAY!! Awwww. Rashaad made Vi cry.

Derringer
Mar 17, 2008

YAY SHAAD

Fossilized Rappy
Dec 26, 2012
Wow, I was not expecting Rashaad to actually win when Tyler's paint job came out, but he won! Woo!

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
Oh drat, I thought Tyler had this. Rashaad was my second choice, though, so it's cool.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

While Tyler did the better job this week, I think Rashaad was better over all and I just liked him better.

Cristatus
Apr 23, 2010
Soooooo happy for Rashaad. Man, that was a close one, though -- Tyler could have taken it and I would have been happy with that, too. They both do amazing work.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Rashaad's female alien design was definitely the best out of all six. For a contest focused on light it was the only one that really embraced it as a concept.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Creature shop talk:
If they had a decent amount of time, the uv paint would be super fun to play with for them, i would think.
Edit: Wait, isn't that one chick a borderline furry artist? I thought those outfits had a lot of foam.

Desperate Character posted:

Rashaad's female alien design was definitely the best out of all six. For a contest focused on light it was the only one that really embraced it as a concept.

Yep. I agree. Vi also noticed that his work, aside from one time, is consistently good.

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 23, 2014

Fossilized Rappy
Dec 26, 2012

Bored posted:

If they had a decent amount of time, the uv paint would be super fun to play with for them, i would think.
But then we couldn't have heard the glories of the new Krylon paint whose colors don't run together! :v:

Fossilized Rappy fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 23, 2014

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
What are the chances that Russ' idea for using a long wobbly-rear end rod with a heavy-as-poo poo thing on the end of it isn't going to work out very well for him?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Jamesman posted:

What are the chances that Russ' idea for using a long wobbly-rear end rod with a heavy-as-poo poo thing on the end of it isn't going to work out very well for him?

Lol. Pretty good. I'm not in front of the tv right now, so I don't know if he's already lost it or not.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I want an episode where they design a traditional Godzilla-like kaiju.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Cool sunblock tip.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I liked Lex. :smith:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
YES RASHAAD! :woop:

Also I just checked his twitter and noticed the background image for the first time:

:haw:

Jamesman posted:

It was really hard to see during the screen test but I think he abandoned the backpack idea altogether and just held the rods in his hands.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I liked Lex. :smith:

I did too. :( But they really did do a lovely job on that dinosaur puppet.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Bored posted:

Edit: "That form on the chest, I've never seen anything like it. It doesn't even look like a vagina..."

It was a sphincter. On her chest. Like she poops giant turds from there.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

LabyaMynora posted:

It was a sphincter. On her chest. Like she poops giant turds from there.

Giant bioluminescent turds. To attract mates. Aliens are weird.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Magnus Condomus posted:

Giant bioluminescent turds. To attract mates. Aliens are weird.

Hey, Billy goats somehow piss on their beards to attract the lady goats. It's not that far off to think that alien would lay glowing turds around to attract a mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Bored posted:

Hey, Billy goats somehow piss on their beards to attract the lady goats. It's not that far off to think that alien would lay glowing turds around to attract a mate.

I learned something today.

On another point, Rusko somehow looks and acts nerdier than Tyler.

• Locked thread