Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

IcePhoenix posted:

The aliens were on dying planets (except for the toad), why would they have nice clothes? When you're struggling to find resources or battling disease, chemicals, or the laws of physics to stay alive, jaunting down the block to the alien gap so you look your best for a photo shoot isn't high on your priority list.

I liked the mushroom-sickness guy's robes because they looked kind of medical to me for some reason, probably a star-trek based one.

Icecap-melting lady wearing really really long robes to hide her human feet was stupid though, because you know that hem is going to be constantly soaking.

Wasn't one of them in what was essentially a bathrobe? I guess they don't have a lot of control over the wardrobe, and don't really get judged on it unless it's specifically part of the challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

General Ironicus posted:

And I like Daran but that makeup looked like Weird Al's no-effort Halloween costume.

Yeah the Weird Al hair did not help, neither did the backgina.

I kind of want a "twinsies" challenge where they have to turn an assigned, very different model into themselves. Race-swap, gender-swap, smiley-blonde-model-not-allowed challenge.

Of course the red dye budget would go through the roof.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
They sort of spread it out over the first season, with people talking about the molding process over the "MOLDING PHASE" screens or whatever.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Kloaked00 posted:

Not sure what Ve was talking about with saying Corinne did a good job with the appliances. Especially with the nose, there were really obvious creases that looked baaad. Not that it matters I guess

I assume she meant the straps? They seemed well done. It's always weird to me that some models emote and some don't. Leech boy and Ribcage guy were both acting while electricity girl who asked in last looks what she should be doing just stood there. Editing I guess.

I question the idea of poor taste in regards to Nico's fetus (although that face was poor taste.) It's a mad scientist horror show, not the Easter parade. No one is batting an eye at exposed ribcages and electro torture.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Basebf555 posted:

This will be the second time Syfy has tried to re-create the success of Face Off and they keep making the same mistake. Nobody that watched Face Off wants to see more reality-show drama, we're here for the monster makeup designs. So please don't produce a show that's 44 minutes long that includes 34 minutes of meeting with clients, dramatically speeding to locations to make a (completely made up) deadline, and random poo poo about Eric Fox's home life. All that poo poo is fake, and we know it, we aren't in it for that.

I think you mean Foxy, his nickname we have always used for him, much like everyone else.

• Locked thread