Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qublai Qhan
Dec 23, 2008

In Xanadu did Qublai Qhan
a stately taco eat,
when ALF the spacerat,
ran through to talk--
Of cabbages and kings
And whether pigs have wings.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I live in the country. My choices are Comcast, sattelite internet that gets DSL-esque speeds in ideal conditions and poo poo latency, wireless DSL that only works if nothing is interfering with the tower and gets somewhere between 56k and DSL speeds when it works, and 56k dial up.

And now it looks like just about everyone is going to get Comcast shoved down their throat if the FTC or FCC don't kill this merger. I have mixed feelings about the significance of net neutrality dying, because in an even weakly competitive market it doesn't seem likely that providers are just going to start shafting consumers for fun. But if we're about to see even the weak competition engendered by consumers talking to each other and comparing notes about what crappy poo poo their local company does die because of mergers then I'm going to be leaning more and more towards it being a horrible thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread