Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
I don't suppose anyone here has a suggestion on how to try and get Comcast to stop with this loving idiotic download limit? Short of calling and complaining about their new attitude, or going without internet (The only other provider, AT&T is doing the exact same thing only with an even stricter limit) I am unfortunately unsure what else to do.

I am going to inform netflix the reason we will no longer be paying for their service is because of this limitation on our internet, and that we would in fact be interested in their service if comcast would take the stick out from their rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Install Windows posted:

Question: have you actually exceeded the limit yet, and if so did they actually do anything to you?

Well apparently as a bonus we get three months per year that they ignore the cap and let us download whatever the gently caress we want, and supposedly from now on whenever we go over it we will be charged for 50 more gig. The limit itself is 300 gig which...well they seem to rather strangely check. previous to this we apparently almost never went over 300 gig, and now we've gone over 300 gig three months in a row. The next month is when they'll actually charge us.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Install Windows posted:

Check what they're saying you'll have to pay for going over versus the price it would be to switch to business internet service from them instead. If they'd end up being close, the smart thing to do is to switch over to business because then they among other things set you up with better customer service, priority of repair in case of local outages and other stuff like that, as well as unlimited access.

Will do, though I believe that it's vastly more expensive, and money is tight right now. I might just have to either cut the cable once 300 gig is up or hope they just don't care.

• Locked thread