Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

I find myself oddly thrilled, in a good and happy way, by how much Verizon and it's buddies are crying over the new regulations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I don't remember seeing it anywhere:

Where is everyone getting the idea that the new regulations will force providers to go full throttle on the "bandwidth for everyone" train?

They changed the definition of "broadband" and made it a little more transparent regarding what we can see in relation to what isp's are doing with their client connections. Chasing the definition doesn't mean everyone needs to throttle up. It means that the isp's stop caging their sub par service a broadband service.

Please. Someone fix me.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

ihatepants posted:

To add to this, this is how my Republican friend, who "supports the concept of net neutrality" explained why he's still upset at what happened:

I actually called in to my local radio station yesterday after the host made the comment, "..and if you don't like their slow/lovely service you can just change providers.." to point out that most people don't have that choice and that was the same argument he gave me after we went around a few times. Time Warner has the monopoly in the city I live in and if you live in their district and want something else you're going with Dish or DirecTV for your only other internet/TV options.

You could also consider me a conservative and I'm all for this reclassification of ISPs and the FCC stepping in to smack the telecom company dicks into the dirt.

I won't feel bad for Verizon until they take some of their billion [+/-] dollar annual profit and push it back into infrastructure. Same goes for Time Warner.

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/vz/financials

LCL-Dead fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Feb 27, 2015

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
You could consider me a conservative and I'm all for this. What's with all the hate?

• Locked thread