Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Kalman, to me this FCC piece seems to basically back up what you've said. The FCC are coming back to rejustify the right way and everyone who flipped out about r.i.p. net neutrality was being a little knee-jerk. But this PK piece still finds issue with the language of the FCC. The Public Knowledge article isn't so much technical as it is speculative, could you elaborate a little on the Title II option they advocate?

The basic difference seems to be between relying on a "'commercially unreasonable' test" and banning "unjust and unreasonable discrimination" on internet traffic. Is there something critically lacking without that last bit? Unjust and unreasonable discrimination could easily be part of a commercially-unreasonable test right? I can't tell if PK has a good point or are just really really scared about the issue as a whole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread