Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I haven't played since Freshmen year of High School (2008?), and last I remembered I had some Barrows armor, and a Abyssal Whip. How useless is my stuff now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

I haven't played since Freshmen year of High School (2008?), and last I remembered I had some Barrows armor, and a Abyssal Whip. How useless is my stuff now?

Whip is less than 100k. Take that however you will. Some of the barrows sets are worth okay amounts, but none are over 5m.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Famethrowa posted:

It's probably worth gently caress all, but it's still fairly useful as far as gear for fighting things goes.

Murphys Stache
Oct 5, 2007

There goes my nipples again!
I just logged into this game for the first time since 2006. One of my old video game friends is still playing. I like to imagine that they've been there.... Playing... Nonstop since most people abandoned this game for dead.

I can't believe this is still around. I may start playing again for nostalgia's sake.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Famethrowa posted:

It's fine. You should be able to brute force all quests with that. Get a Bandos Godsword for like 1,5m if you want more power and are willing to give up defensive shield abilities.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
rip bandos

Slayer update is rad, wish I had done more slayer so I could upgrade my helmet. Someone be my slaying buddy :(

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Spergminer posted:

It's fine. You should be able to brute force all quests with that. Get a Bandos Godsword for like 1,5m if you want more power and are willing to give up defensive shield abilities.

On the same note, find out about abilities in general first. :v: Despite spergings, they are pretty rad.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Spergminer posted:

I mostly am thinking of slapping down $5 to do some quests because I legit enjoyed a couple of them, and with the trading centre thing they would be less painless. I just don't even know where to start, because according to the wiki, I've missed like ~150 updates.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

What does the thread title reference, anyways?

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
So as soon as I log in and press "Enter game", I get redirected to a error screen, with no information but "game crashed". This happens in both render modes and in several browsers. I've updated graphics card drivers, java, all that stuff. Anyone else had this problem?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Elswyyr posted:

So as soon as I log in and press "Enter game", I get redirected to a error screen, with no information but "game crashed". This happens in both render modes and in several browsers. I've updated graphics card drivers, java, all that stuff. Anyone else had this problem?

No, what are you attempting to play on? PC or Mac?

Also have you given the standalone client a try?

Spergminer posted:

What does the thread title reference, anyways?

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Rafzakael posted:

No, what are you attempting to play on? PC or Mac?

Also have you given the standalone client a try?

PC. And the standalone crashes too.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Elswyyr posted:

PC. And the standalone crashes too.

Well, I'm out of ideas then, if you've already updated Java and your drivers. Maybe you can get into the HTML5 beta? It's buggy but it might play.

Alternatively, talk to Jagex Support or maybe pop over to SHSC and make a thread in the Haus of Tech Support (providing it's okay to do so I don't know I never go there).

edit: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?25,26,238,63996049 Try clearing the 'Jagex Cache'.

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jan 22, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Rafzakael posted:

Alternatively, talk to Jagex Support

Used Jagex Support twice in the past year, nothing but good things to say about them. I'd try that route.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Someone asked so here is my current clue tab:

And here is the "list" of what I still need:

I should note, I started with 200 biscuits, I've yet to receive any from a clue which is kind of concerning but I'm sure I'll get some more eventually.

allta fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 22, 2014

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!
Here is my ("organized!") bank.

Tab 1 is assorted random crap, and tab 7 is slayer loot.

LemonyTang fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jan 22, 2014

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
So I was doing Land of the Goblins and I'm pretty sure this wasn't here pre-world event 2

Also

Gee I wonder why :rolleyes:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Themata posted:

So I was doing Land of the Goblins and I'm pretty sure this wasn't here pre-world event 2

It definitely wasn't and that's some drat fine detail adding. :golfclap:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

Also

Gee I wonder why :rolleyes:

You're doing the Goblin fifth age quest and they're talking about sixth age events. :psyduck:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Spergminer posted:

You're doing the Goblin fifth age quest and they're talking about sixth age events. :psyduck:

Don't know if it's completely a fifth age quest because those quests have a disclaimer attached to the beginning of them, basically saying you're doing things that have already happened or something. I did The World Wakes long after BoL ended (:effort:) and it had that disclaimer.

Just because the quest is available during the fifth age doesn't make it a fifth age quest.
\
:spergin:

vvv e: Huh, guess I forgot about that part. Immersion ruined. vvv

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 23, 2014

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Don't know if it's completely a fifth age quest because those quests have a disclaimer attached to the beginning of them, basically saying you're doing things that have already happened or something. I did The World Wakes long after BoL ended (:effort:) and it had that disclaimer.

Just because the quest is available during the fifth age doesn't make it a fifth age quest.
\
:spergin:

But in the sequel Bandos literally talks to you. Bandos being very alive is the point of the Chosen Commander, Jagex what have you DONE?

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
The Quest itself takes place during the Fifth Age, but the conversation after takes place in the present.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
This week's episode of Pimp My Bank

Before:

Not completely terrible, but my Tab 1 has gotten pretty out of hand.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Aggggghhhhhhhh so close to 92 Firemaking.

Also I won't be here all weekend, got a job-related thing so if you want something added to the OP or whatever, PM me and I'll get to it Sunday.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Taran_Wanderer posted:

The Quest itself takes place during the Fifth Age, but the conversation after takes place in the present.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can go back in and talk to the goblin priests about that stuff again.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
http://services.runescape.com/m=news/combat-improvements-beta

I guess the perpetual bitching finally worked, Special Attacks are going to return.

Also a new ability called Revolution to help reduce the amount of time you need to spend spamming keys in combat, and some refinements to PvP.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5GU9JBtWE0
A quick demonstration of Revolution. I want it in game... now!

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
It's going to be ever better for Magic and Range since abilities don't use ammo. At least I don't remember them to? I really want revolution in the game though, wonder when it'll get added.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
awww login server went down right when I dropped 1B on the ground, that was going to buy me a s wand, way to go jagex~

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Themata posted:

Holy poo poo, it even prioritizes low cooldown abilities. (Or does it just prioritize them in whatever order you have them set on the bar? Either one works and is good design by Jagex)

That's loving awesome, and superior to Momentum in literally every way.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Themata posted:

Wow. EZ mode comes to life. There has to be drawbacks.

e: vvv :drat: vvv

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 24, 2014

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Wow. EZ mode comes to life. There has to be drawbacks.

The drawback is that you're playing Runescape.

For real though, Momentum+ is just randomized Revolution now?

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
Momentum plus is (from the BTS video) just momentum, but you now gain adrenaline and you can use ultimate abilities, which will not cancel momentum.

It's up to you really; revolution or momentum? Revolution sounds better I'll be honest.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

In all honestly momentum seems worthless (the new version or otherwise) when compared to revolution. Revolution saves ammo and completely outperforms momentum dps-wise, might as well just ditch the momentum concept altogether.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Soulhunter posted:

In all honestly momentum seems worthless (the new version or otherwise) when compared to revolution. Revolution saves ammo and completely outperforms momentum dps-wise, might as well just ditch the momentum concept altogether.

But then I won't be able to do things I actually want to at the same time though. :ohdear:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

subhelios posted:

But then I won't be able to do things I actually want to at the same time though. :ohdear:

Yeah you can, you just use Revolution! It looks like it's straight up Momentum except better, even without using the Thresholds and Abilities.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
This seems like a great change. It's a step back to pre-eoc days in terms of afk-ability which I am completely okay with.

Où est la révolution???

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Here is bank #5, our cleanse being Magres!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlj7vvzu5fU

Magres, like Billy, had a lot of stuff that's valuable and also went to great lengths to do drop tricks so I left a lot of stuff intact... again a sucker for farming/herb tabs, though everything else, I wouldn't have minded wiping out. :)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Themata posted:

Here is bank #5, our cleanse being Magres!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlj7vvzu5fU

Magres, like Billy, had a lot of stuff that's valuable and also went to great lengths to do drop tricks so I left a lot of stuff intact... again a sucker for farming/herb tabs, though everything else, I wouldn't have minded wiping out. :)

:swoon:

<3

What are drop tricks? Is that where I get multiple copies of an item and leave one in the bank as a placeholder? Cause if that's what that is, gently caress yeah for drop tricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

allta
Mar 28, 2011
1%.jpeg :colbert:

Max cash worth of spirit shards.

• Locked thread