Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

:siren::pcgaming:FIVE MINUTES TO DOUBLE EXP WEEKEND:pcgaming::siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Woo got 99 fishing last night! I'm going for 99 hunter during bxp :getin:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Saved up 500,000 or so bonus xp for hrblore, so i triple-xped almost all of the way to 90 herblore (and did the rest with the mere double xp).

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Server crash on BXP Weekend :jagex:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

My gift to the thread and especially Pizza Lady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMxkk2rFEyE

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
You are the absolute worst.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Simsmagic posted:

I want to loving strangle you.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Sims you are my absolute favorite ever.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
October's Poopsocking Stats, with ~1 1/2 days of bonus xp featured:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

October's Poopsocking Stats, with ~1 1/2 days of bonus xp featured:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Simsmagic posted:

If I ever say that you're a bad poster, remind me of this video. Then i'll admit you have one or two Very Good posts. :shobon:

Magres posted:

Sims you are my absolute favorite ever.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Nov 1, 2014

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Simsmagic posted:

You are a good poster.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Ugh, 7th? :negative:

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjCMMkkyYnCJdGpKQ3BJUlNvNDBSZUFMcnhrVzV3Tmc#gid=0

Here's the bragging spreadsheet. Add yo silf if you haven't, update your new ridiculous level gains at the end of the weekend.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

My prison.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
As mentioned in clan chat, Pizza Lady body pillow:

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!

sick

and here's my tab

from like 97-99 or so but it's a copout cause of BONUS XP!!

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

I did it

I plowed through it and achieved 99 autism. I'm never taking this cape off ever.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I banged out 98 Cooking, 94 Herblore (!!!), a couple Thieving levels (93 is where the elves really start getting good) and, after EIGHT YEARS at 91 Woodcutting, finally got 92 Woodcutting.

I got 91 Woodcutting while I was in high school. Last week I did my defense for my master's degree.

Literally took me longer to get 92 wc than to get my Bachelor's and my Master's degrees.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Double XP Weekend started off with buying pouches/reselling shards. A quick sampling:

Overall I spent 79,811,812gp and got back 86,862,450gp, which is a 7,050,638gp profit.

I also got back about 1 mil from this in shards so getting 96 summoning only cost me about 100k!

There was also an elite clue done and in the middle of it, I decided to kill a random cave goblin because I like when they freak out and go 'noooo! don't kill us!'. Of course the first goblin I kill produces a fanfare sound and:

I got a champion's scroll!

The treasure trail itself didn't get me anything.

Nor did this one.

This one got me about 300k.

Joachim and Safety's stalker shows up in the announcements.

Wise words from Mr. Wiener Truck.

Haha females amirite!!

Pubbies.

A crystal impling appeared upon world hopping! Unfortunately it also fell off Elf City and I had to wait a really long time to finally catch it. Totally worth it though.

Perfect number.

My bank at the end of the weekend! I made $$$.

+1 Prayer, +1 Herblore, +2 Theiving, +1 Mining, +1 Smithing, +2 Firemaking, +1 Woodcutting, +1 Summoning.

Miss Pizza, now known as Lady Chef, got 86 cooking from 70, and this is her bank so far:

Her exp:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

So far I've managed to get 60 baseline in all levels, get 75 agility (+9) (:negative:), 70 attack (+3), 70 smithing (+2), 70 mining (+3), 75 firemaking (+2), about 10 levels of summoning, 7 of farming and 7 of herblore. Will round off the bxp weekend with a fishing level to get me to 85 and doing my fletching daily.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Protip: You are an idiot fucker if you log out with an Avatar during bxp weekend.

In other news though, OVERLOADSSSSSS :pcgaming:

joachim783
May 9, 2013
The Pizza cult is spreading.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Themata posted:

Miss Pizza, now known as Lady Chef, got 86 cooking from 70, and this is her bank so far:

Her exp:

Okay, I'll admit it. This is a pro bank.

Also:

Magres posted:

Protip: You are an idiot fucker if you log out with an Avatar during bxp weekend.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I was gone all weekend and missed bxp :negative:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Jagex increased the cost of Rerolls/Extending challenges :negative:

And I don't just mean increased, they jacked it the gently caress up.

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 3, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
God they are idiot children. Vis Wax was a great update and they, of course, have to poo poo it up

Clustard
Sep 30, 2012
What was their logic behind that change? I thought the cost was pretty fair before.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Clustard posted:

What was their logic behind that change? I thought the cost was pretty fair before.

From what I gathered on the RSoF they did this to put things in line with their original goal, to give runes a lasting value. Apparently some of the rune types were starting to crash from all of the people constantly doing vis wax and people were able to use as much vis wax as they produced themselves so you only really ended up consuming roughly what you made.

I kind of agree with this in a way, in the long run this is going to make runes actually worth a considerable amount.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Alternately they could just make the process of crafting runes not be a steaming pile of garbage. Anything that actually makes runes cost an amount commensurate to the amount of effort it takes to craft them en masse is going to make them incredibly expensive because it's an enormous effort to run essence back and forth to altars. People want runes to cost more because they don't remember how god awful Magic was back when runes were expensive and leveling magic took hundreds of thousands of them.

They're trying to fix the problem of Runecrafting being terrible by making it worth the amount of time it takes to make the runes, and that's never, ever going to work well because they take far too long to make. If the cost of vis wax actually represented the amount of time it takes to make, oh, three thousand runes, then wax would be like 50k per piece of wax.

Magres fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 4, 2014

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
I was supposed to kill Jad and clean Crystal Core's bank but then something terrible happened to him at Wave 62+ and he disappeared... :ohdear:

So instead I cleaned Simsmagic's bank!

I turned the god damned atrocity into something that doesn't suck your soul to glance at.

At the end of the cleaning though, Pizsaw came to visit him and stuck Sims smack dab in the middle of the Lava Maze with half the profits from selling his bank junk (900k) in his inventory with inadequate supplies should he run into someone! Sims managed to survive the ordeal and teleported thanks to the Armadyl dragon token at level 30 wilderness.. but has Pizsaw made him seen the error of his ways? Or will he became Simsaw, emptying people's banks into their inventory and logging them out with 100 HP near the Chaos Elemental...? Some people are just so ungrateful to have clean banks...

Also his bank went from 666 items to 266. Affront to God indeed.

His UI is the most vertigo inducing thing I've ever seen.

Bonus content:

Saradomin must've turned him into a mining slave after World Event 1 :(

I found the secret satanic altar.

I also checked out the Champion's guild finally with my scroll and:

Wow holy poo poo look at those sick gains!!!

The trainee Leprechaun champion gives even sicker gains than the extremely rare scroll drop!!!

:suicide:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

I also checked out the Champion's guild finally with my scroll and:

Wow holy poo poo look at those sick gains!!!

The trainee Leprechaun champion gives even sicker gains than the extremely rare scroll drop!!!

I can't wait for your ROAD TO 99 SLAYER VIDEO, these gains are out of control!

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

how the hell am I supposed to find anything with all of this empty space everywhere

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Pizza Lady, a pubby-organized Pizza cult delivery service is forming on OSRS in your absence:

http://imgur.com/a/zRJC8
http://imgur.com/a/SNLXj

Pizza is becoming the uniting factor of both versions of RuneScape.

E: welcome to jile-anore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9zSvzIGETY
add this to the op tia

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 4, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Soulhunter posted:

E: welcome to jile-anore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9zSvzIGETY
add this to the op tia

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Kari, my bank is full and I need your help! It's so lovely and needs a desperate cleaning! :(

lil blaster is the messiest person I've ever known

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
I love that the pubby had to take the name Pizza Mn because Joachim took Pizza Man, which dates him to not more than two or so months at most - which really does mean the pizza cult is spreading!

Also, I'm slowly working on a new OP. A lot of different thread name ideas have been tossed around, but any other suggestions?

In the meantime, Crystal came back and attempted Fight Caves again. It turns out he tried to log out on Jad's phase, but Jad attacked and in a frenzy, death overcame him. Well, it was my turn to give it a go! But just as he was about to give me the authenticator code on Steam:

We got... :jagex:ed?

The servers came back on however, and so I went to work at Jad - and came within an inch of death three times. No decent ranged thresholds in the ability bar on top of the healer assholes healing each other drew out the fight far longer than it should've gone.

In the end though, I succeeded, which makes it Pizza Lady 3, Jad 0, and all on different accounts!

And then of course, not that I was going to really, but Crystal insisted - You beat Jad for me, you're awesome, you really ought to treat yourself! Temptation swept over me and I ended up cleaning his bank:

There's a lot in his combat tab still but I liked the way it turned out. I also got Gilmore Girls updates as I cleaned. My one regret is I accidently collapsed one of the tabs before taking a screenie, failing to preserve the original state of the bank. It's like washing dishes and then you chip one. Stress relieving moment ruined. :negative:

By some weird stroke of luck while cleaning, I teleported to Burthorpe twice and just as I did, both times a green dragon bot's grave collapsed in front of me - so Crystal netted a sick 60k.

Then as I got done cleaning that, Willy Ginkers came on and asked me to clean his bank - back to back cleaning, just like when I did Mr Goat's and Safety's!

Something about this bank makes it somehow worse than Simsmagic's. You can see the remains of my previous cleaning, and then it looks like a tornado swept through it and scattered stuff everywhere in a way that makes no sense at all. I shoved a ton of armours into the POH too. Should a third cleaning happen, I plan to halve the bank, and even did a handy guide to what I would toss/sell:

I'd probably either repair the obsidian armours then POH or toss it as well, depending on how easy it is to get back. Combat and potions tabs are always the worst. Giving Lil' Blaster as few things to mess up as possible would be best.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

RuneScape 3 - Nothing Interesting Happens

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Some of your suggestions are questionable. The anchor and the Book of Balance will stay always and forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!
RuneScape - A genuinely good roleplaying sim about pizza making

• Locked thread