Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Simsmagic posted:

RuneScape 3 - Nothing Interesting Happens

A good suggestion.

Maybe
RuneScape 3: Now with content promised 10 years ago!

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

A good suggestion.

Maybe
RuneScape 3: Now with content!

ftfy

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

RS3: That content is already dying. Or dead. Whatever. The point is that you can't dismiss it.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I'd prefer it if we could go with a little less snark in the title. Negativity doesn't sell :v:

e: ^^^this is a good one though

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Blacula posted:

RS3: That content is already dying. Or dead. Whatever. The point is that you can't dismiss it.

Putting my vote in for this one too

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Blacula posted:

:golfclap:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Blacula posted:

Niiiiice.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
If that fits, we have ourselves the new OP title.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Blacula posted:

This is fantastic.

newsflash: sometimes, slayer sucks.

past 4 tasks have been: 150 fire giants, 150 greater demons, 150 fire giants, 150 greater demons

why can't i just get steel drags or something god

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Do any of the weapon specials stand out? Sara sword is pretty tempting and I gotta have a DDP++ for old time's sake.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

past 4 tasks have been: 150 fire giants, 150 greater demons, 150 fire giants, 150 greater demons

I died inside when I realized that Kuradal still assigns fire giants. I didn't even bother getting 75 slayer during bxp weekend.

I'll block them eventually when I have spare points, but who the gently caress made them come up every other task?

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Boy, there must be some sort of post-2x exp weekend winter cleanfest, because I just did another revision - the third time for Lgimmvp:

He also wanted me to sell all his slayer stuff which took forever and he got this much money out of it:

I'll be halving this bank next time too!

joachim783
May 9, 2013

Robo Reagan posted:

Do any of the weapon specials stand out? Sara sword is pretty tempting and I gotta have a DDP++ for old time's sake.

The saradomin godswords' passive is a lot better than it's spec imo, the armadyl sword spec is pretty nice, the wiki says it did 250% weapon damage originally but they've tweaked it since then and haven't updated the tool tip so it's closer to 370% weapon damage now, you supposedly used to be able to 1 or 2 hit people in legacy with it but i'm not sure if that's still true. korasi is another one that's pretty good it deals 300% weapon damage, the saradomin sword spec is also pretty decent although the wiki doesn't say what percentage of weapon damage it does.

joachim783 fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Nov 6, 2014

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Desuwa posted:

I died inside when I realized that Kuradal still assigns fire giants. I didn't even bother getting 75 slayer during bxp weekend.

I'll block them eventually when I have spare points, but who the gently caress made them come up every other task?

They're lightning quick to kill so I've never had a problem with them. Also at 75 slayer Greater Demons are a real treat because they are only two rooms into Kuradel's dungeon.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

How Rude posted:

They're lightning quick to kill so I've never had a problem with them. Also at 75 slayer Greater Demons are a real treat because they are only two rooms into Kuradel's dungeon.

200+ per task is a lot of lightning. :shrug:

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

200+ per task is a lot of lightning. :shrug:

That's also 200 per task every other task. Gets old fast.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I guess this is coming from someone who poopsocked slayer really hard with level 80+ equipment, literally almost everything dies in 3 hits that isn't a boss or endgame monster. Ranged and Magic also help you kill things faster if you're in a big room full of them because you don't have to take time to move into them, but melee has superior dps options around that level (drygores are amazing at 90)

Those tasks took me at most around 10 minutes, there are definitely worse things you can slay, but yes I do remember them being handed out annoyingly frequently.

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!
Fire giants suck because they're crap XP and crap drops. They literally suck. It's inarguable. You should cancel or block them everytime.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
The reason so many fire giant tasks are assigned is that even Slayer Masters can't stand the fuckers.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Racism against gingers!

Ya'll need to get on my train of "having every slayer mask and like 30 recharges."

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Pubbarian Assault Trip Report:

Holy poo poo. This game owns. So hard. IT GIVES SO MUCH EXPERIENCE. Doing 1-10 on Normal is like 125k XP, doing 1-8 on Hard is like 250k XP. It's completely bonkers, it's easily like 300k xp an hour or more if you lose a fair bit, and like 500k xp an hour if you never lose.

Join the ba games FC if you want to find games and have get tons of bxp. BA hard mode racks up xp way faster than training the skills themselves.

Guide to barb assault:

Run Two Attackers so waves go fast. If your team isn't dumb and you have a levelled up healer you can manage hard mode with one healer. If you start dying a bunch, switch to two healers. Taking it a little slower is better than going nowhere. Reset at Wave 9 - the Penance King has terrible mechanics and isn't worth doing. Just reset and re-run 1-9.

For Normal Mode, always run 2 attackers. Normal is so damned easy. For the queen, kill penance spawn, then CHAD

C - Collector grabs eggs, passes to Healer
H - Healer dips eggs in poison, passes to Attacker
A - Attacker adds spikes to eggs, passes to Defender
D - Defender dips eggs in lava, passes to Collector

After the egg has been CHADed, Collector throws it in their egg cannon and you spam 10 of them at the queen to kill it.

Magres fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Nov 7, 2014

Preid
May 22, 2014
Pubbie wanted to talk about the bible, so I took the bait, and this is all he sent back. truly inspirational words to live your life by.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Magres posted:

After the egg has been CHADed, Collector throws it in their egg cannon and you spam 10 of them at the queen to kill it.

Didn't they fix twoegging the queen?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Spergminer posted:

Didn't they fix twoegging the queen?

No idea, we just shot a bunch at her and she died :shrug: It's not hard to do extra eggs.

Either way, doesn't really matter because you want to do Queen once then move on to Hard Mode, it gives more than double the XP of Normal. Like 4 1-9 runs on Hard should net you a little over a million bxp. I'm probably going to try to get enough bxp for 99 fm, agi, and mining over the next few weeks.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Magres posted:

No idea, we just shot a bunch at her and she died :shrug: It's not hard to do extra eggs.

Either way, doesn't really matter because you want to do Queen once then move on to Hard Mode, it gives more than double the XP of Normal. Like 4 1-9 runs on Hard should net you a little over a million bxp. I'm probably going to try to get enough bxp for 99 fm, agi, and mining over the next few weeks.

Holy poo poo, mining and agility are one of my last two skills that I really need to work on, I need to get in on this.

Voyaging
Sep 5, 2014
I'm sure most of you are aware of it, but the Efficiency Experts spreadsheet is outrageously useful for high level training and dailies:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J5TvmG2IltbjKX3vlR6XWfrbNI4fPwURqFXFc5hfndU/edit#gid=0

It is also in the process of being updated for Elf City, so keep track of it if you're interested in efficient training, etc.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

How Rude posted:

Holy poo poo, mining and agility are one of my last two skills that I really need to work on, I need to get in on this.

The fc 'ba games' gets games going decently fast. If you just want xp and don't like BA, don't do healer or defender and just do Attacker w/ good gear or you can get dragged as Collector. You need your Defender and Healer to be decently levelled for Hard Mode.

Only thing that really matters as Collector is not missing your calls (you have to call for what 'mode' the attackers need to switch into to fight, and the team is totally hosed if you're bad about calling as Collector). Other than that, scoop up eggs, throw them in the cannon, and let your Defender shoot things. Also, you start with three of each egg. Shoot your Defender twice with green eggs so they can board up the Healer tunnel a couple times, then shoot the better of your two Attackers with a green.

As Attacker, stay the gently caress close to the left side cannon stairs, and run up to the cannon if you get beat up - you'll be safe from the melee guys. I mostly play Healer and Attackers who go sprinting around everywhere can GET hosed. It's also for this reason that you want to play Ranged or Magic. Melee Attackers are a pain in the rear end to heal because they move constantly, even when they're hugging the stairs. So play Range/Mage and focus on shooting the ranged enemies over the melee enemies, because you can just hide upstairs from the melee guys. Also, if you get low, pop Freedom and hit the stairs. Freedom protects you from the special attack of the Ranged guys that can chunk you really hard, from what I hear.

As Healer, don't worry about killing Penance Healers until it's Tofu time. Focus on keeping your team healed up as best you can, and calling bait for your Defender. You wait for Tofu because it lets you poison Penance healers with one click, so you can spamclick them to mash poisoned food down their gullet and kill them quickly.

As Defender, uh, do things. Ionno. I don't play Defender, but from what I can tell you board up the Healer tunnel then lay bait trails to your sawblade trap to kill Penance runners. Gotta have Defender at 4 or 5 though, or it sucks poo poo because your bait range is like 3 squares.

Magres fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 8, 2014

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Can't wait to get more content like Death's Door in the future.

ahahaha runescape players have the worst opinions

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
You guys act like something being grindy is a bad thing in runescape. That is runescape. Death's Door owned because it was grindy and fast as hell xp.

I really don't get why Goons hated Death's Door so much, it took me like 20 minutes a day, tops, to do, and gave me 125k herblore xp a day. It was amazing. Like was it computer lag? I rebuilt my computer this summer so I'm currently at high end gaming specs and having a crowd of a few hundred people packed in one area doesn't make me lag unless the servers are on the fritz. If it's the lag from a billion people on screen, I can see why that'd suck.

Voyaging
Sep 5, 2014

Magres posted:

You guys act like something being grindy is a bad thing in runescape. That is runescape. Death's Door owned because it was grindy and fast as hell xp.

I really don't get why Goons hated Death's Door so much, it took me like 20 minutes a day, tops, to do, and gave me 125k herblore xp a day. It was amazing. Like was it computer lag? I rebuilt my computer this summer so I'm currently at high end gaming specs and having a crowd of a few hundred people packed in one area doesn't make me lag unless the servers are on the fritz. If it's the lag from a billion people on screen, I can see why that'd suck.

Wait, Death's Door gave experience? I didn't even notice lol.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

Voyaging posted:

Wait, Death's Door gave experience? I didn't even notice lol.

You could get five large lamps from points per day. Every three days you'd have trophies for one more lamp and cremation, the title, and the emote all gave you a bonus lamp.

It got me all the way to 80 agility when I was planning on grinding to 75 agility during bxp weekend. 10/10 update would lag again.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Yeah, I'm not going to sneeze at 5 large lamps a day. If they make it so it's less-concentrated on one laggy server, all the better.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah Death's Door took me from 91 to 93 Herblore. It gave out buckets of XP if you were willing to wade through the teeming masses to slay Demonic Ghosts.

Clustard
Sep 30, 2012
Yeah I thought Death's Door was awesome, and my vote reflected that. It was like grinding but with more dividends. Though if we're talking about gameplay/fun-factor, then it really wasn't that great.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Exactly from gameplay/fun perspective it sucks, but that's not anything new for most events lately. I just grinded enough points for bustin' ghosts with appropriate style and stopped.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
I just discovered something very disturbing about one of our fellow Goonscapers:

Magres isn't who he says he is. His name is an anagram.

That's right. This nerd's true SA name is gaMers.

Tar and feather this nerd.

Clustard
Sep 30, 2012
Well Magres (if that's your real name), what do you have to say for yourself?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I've been using Magres as my name since my first year of undergrad, which was like eight years ago.

It's from when I wanted to go to med school and is a portmanteau of magnetic and resonance because MRIs are cool as gently caress

Also, not the first time Kari has waged a smear campaign against my good self :tinfoil:

Clustard
Sep 30, 2012
A likely story... if you're a clown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Mag-res?!? I've been pronouncing it in the French this whole time!

"Maahhhhhh."

• Locked thread