Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prince Turveydrop
May 12, 2001

He was a veray parfit gentil knight.

Chaotic Flame posted:

So, I have an in-person meeting with a partner from the consulting arm (non-tax/accounting) of one of the Big 4. I've spoken with him multiple times over the phone and have had several other interviews (phone and in-person) with directors on down to senior consultants/associates. He just happens to be on the east coast (where I would be located) and wanted to meet me in-person to "firm some things up." I've also been sent the detailed benefits package that the company offers (info on deductible, co-pays, etc.). This is making me think that I may be offered the job during this meeting and have to negotiate while I'm there. Is this a normal thing and is there anything I should be prepared for with an in-person negotiation if I'm correct in my assumptions?

I work in Big 4 consulting. In my experience, the official offer and negotiation is done with the hiring manager. During my interviews, the partner/MD/etc only spoke about the position, the team you're working with, the client you're servicing, etc. I would still familiarize yourself with the median pay range for the position/office location just in case. It's possible that different Big 4 companies will handle this part differently. One thing I wish I knew when I was negotiating my hire: they can totally add on a signing bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prince Turveydrop
May 12, 2001

He was a veray parfit gentil knight.
Small nitpick but BATNA is Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement.
Also I wonder if any advice is affected when dealing with an outside recruiter as opposed to dealing with the company directly (particularly #3). In my experience, recruiters are more insistent on getting a salary range so you're not "wasting their time."

• Locked thread